Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Tech Talk SNES HDMI mod

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:15:27 AM
supersaiyajingodgoku (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Little Mac >
JoeVsFox where'd you go?

Oct 9, 2015 at 6:26:16 PM
JoeVsFox (0)
(Joe ) < Cherub >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: supersaiyajingodgoku

is your mod going to be better than hd retrovision's cables?

To answer in a word: Yes. 

Now does this mean you will notice the difference, maybe, maybe not. 

The sitation in which I aquire the image is PRE down-processed via a video encoding chip. Also, I don't see a cost for their cable but you could always just buy a SCART NTSC (or PAL if thats the SNES you have) and an SCART to HDMI converter, such as I have done and aquire a stunning picture. 

*Note that SNES Jrs are not wired for SCART cables, though they can be modded easily to do so, it's all there on the board, Nintendo just saved money and didn't print the ciruit for it. Also SNES Jrs actually have the BEST SCART image, SNES-1CHIP(1995-96) are a very close second, SNES-RGB(1994-95) are third but not far from fourth, SNES-GPM(1992-93) are fourth, and the SNES-SHVC (1990-92) is just awful and clearly in last. 

Again... sorry for the super delays and slow responses. I've been seriously occupied by my car. Too much that I've been doing and have to do with it. It's a project car and a daily driver so I can't leave stuff unfinished and want to get certian things done to it before the winter (snow) starts. So hopefully come winter time, I will be indoors and ready to start messing with this project!

Also, guys, feel free to PM me, it sends me an email and I will respond faster!
I want to be able to share and spread any knowledge I have and point you guys to the references I've used.

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:07:17 AM
Agnes (0)

< Cherub >
Hello everyone I am new to the world of modding consoles
could you:
What is the name plate HDMI?
Where I can buy?

you can put as will the circuit cable circuit only video but audio circuit I do not see where it connects to the plate it looks perfect.

is I can not see well as connect the power / AV connector.

Edited: 10/27/2015 at 08:09 AM by Agnes

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:19:32 AM
supersaiyajingodgoku (0)
< Little Mac >
JoeVsFox you have any update on this mod?

Feb 7, 2016 at 8:11:27 PM
supersaiyajingodgoku (0)
< Little Mac >
JoeVsFox where'd you go?

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:32:57 PM
supersaiyajingodgoku (0)
< Little Mac >
this isn't going to be made is it.

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:14:00 PM
supersaiyajingodgoku (0)
< Little Mac >
Originally posted by: JoeVsFox

Originally posted by: supersaiyajingodgoku

is your mod going to be better than hd retrovision's cables?

To answer in a word: Yes. 

Now does this mean you will notice the difference, maybe, maybe not. 

The sitation in which I aquire the image is PRE down-processed via a video encoding chip. Also, I don't see a cost for their cable but you could always just buy a SCART NTSC (or PAL if thats the SNES you have) and an SCART to HDMI converter, such as I have done and aquire a stunning picture. 

*Note that SNES Jrs are not wired for SCART cables, though they can be modded easily to do so, it's all there on the board, Nintendo just saved money and didn't print the ciruit for it. Also SNES Jrs actually have the BEST SCART image, SNES-1CHIP(1995-96) are a very close second, SNES-RGB(1994-95) are third but not far from fourth, SNES-GPM(1992-93) are fourth, and the SNES-SHVC (1990-92) is just awful and clearly in last. 

Again... sorry for the super delays and slow responses. I've been seriously occupied by my car. Too much that I've been doing and have to do with it. It's a project car and a daily driver so I can't leave stuff unfinished and want to get certian things done to it before the winter (snow) starts. So hopefully come winter time, I will be indoors and ready to start messing with this project!

Also, guys, feel free to PM me, it sends me an email and I will respond faster!
I want to be able to share and spread any knowledge I have and point you guys to the references I've used.

what happened to this