Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Is Ninja Gaiden and Conan that popular???

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:20:29 PM
CartoonEncyclopedia.com (0)

(Ibrahim ) < Crack Trooper >
New York
I received so many emails requesting high res photos for Ninja Gaiden and Conan

theres so many people watching them

i'm guessing these are hard to get games in mint condition?

heres the link to the auction

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZincik1QQhtZ-1

-------------------------

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:41:43 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Ninja Gaiden was a hugely popular game back in the day, and is still immensely popular today (from seller's and buyer's perspectives). As for Conan, I'd imagine there are "Conan" collectors out there (not just NES) that are also interested in it. The same happens with Simpson's games that are sealed -- they're not uncommon at all, but always fetch a decent price because we're competing with Simpon's collectors as well.

-Dain

Jan 2, 2007 at 8:52:24 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
yeah, as dain's alluding to, those are the two best games you have. You'll likely get over 75 for the ninja gaiden. The conan is a tough call because it doesn't come up sealed very often - rarer but also much lower demand.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 01/02/2007 at 08:52 PM by Bronty

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:25:31 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Yeah, but I plan to win it now that Dain outbid me on that Punisher...DAMN YOU DAIN Also not gonna rebid on the Robocop games, so the only ones I need to focus on are Terminator and Conan. But yeah, Conan's got the eye of sealed collectors, and NG is uber popular. I don't care about the seals myself though, I really just want the games.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:54:23 PM

New York
I like your motto wizard "666" just open all of them and have fun...thats what its all about

where in the forums should I post pics of the extra stuff I have?

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:37:21 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I..... Must..... Win..... CONAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not.

Hey, I like the Punisher -- he a badass, and I grew up on the comic, so he's near and dear to my darker side.

-Dain

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:43:45 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain

I..... Must..... Win..... CONAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or not.

Hey, I like the Punisher -- he a badass, and I grew up on the comic, so he's near and dear to my darker side.

-Dain

The punisher kicks ass. I just wish they used one of the zeck covers for the box art of the game, that would have been kick ass. The actual artwork they used is pretty lame.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jan 3, 2007 at 1:29:24 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I liked the game too. Pretty sweet one, and hard as hell. I've got a CIB copy, just wanted it mint, but I can let it go. I really do want the Conan though, as it completes my copy AND I actually like the game...probably already got $60 play value from it for a game I paid $5 for

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:08:19 AM

New York
I heard they had killed off the Punisher and brought him back
is that true?

I visit Mike Zecks web site from time to time
he has awesome comic cover variations
I downloaded all of them when he was posting the full size until people started printing them on T-shirts
now he posts them at a reduced size

he gets real personal on his site...not what I expected
check it out

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:24:36 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Funny to see all this Punisher love. I actually quit collecting NES stuff for about 2-3 years awhile back and was collecting everything Punisher related. I have over 500 Punisher comics as well as all the graphic novels, a ton of toys, and other related stuff. For awhile there I was posting to a web-site that was compiling a list, kinda like our NES stuff here, of all comic related stuff that even had a picture of the Punisher in it. I still have all of it in boxes in my garage. When they teamed up the Punisher with Archie I had to call it off. They planned to kill him off but never did. They just changed the artists and story and made him a darker character. As well as scaling production way back! I paid over $300 for a near mint Amazing Spiderman #129 the first appearance of Punisher. Still have it too but I don't have a clue what comics are worth anymore. Probably nothing like sports cards...

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:31:44 AM

New York
WHAT???????

they teamed up Punisher with Archie?

you mean archie with jughead and all that?

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:37:27 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Yes, tell me how gay is that? There were two issues, both oversized but not as big as graphic novels. One was written by Marvel and done in Marvel Punisher style format. The other is by Archie Comics and written like an Archie comic. I have them both but that was about the end of comic collecting for me!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jan 3, 2007 at 2:39:57 AM

New York
plus cover prices are ridiculous now

what is it $4 or $5 for a comic?