Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Heritage Signature Auctions (ROUND 1!) Are LIVE!!!! Items for sale from myself and many others!

Apr 25 at 8:13:33 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Phleo, you're conflating grade and value. Whatever your grade system you set up is, it has to be consistent. You let the market sort out the value. Changing your grade setup based on individual games' parts rarities is a fool's errand and just introduces more of the subjectivity you're trying to eliminate as a grader

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 25 at 4:32:16 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
May Signatures are underway!

Maybe we can do a new thread for each of these? Megathread cool, too.

Apr 25 at 8:46:09 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Is it me or that turtles in time box looks to be beat up for a 9.2 grade? 3 corners at least? Then again i'm new to this so what do i know.

Will be an intense set of auctions though that's for sure

Apr 25 at 9:27:33 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: Banlieuseb

Is it me or that turtles in time box looks to be beat up for a 9.2 grade? 3 corners at least? Then again i'm new to this so what do i know.

Will be an intense set of auctions though that's for sure

The WATA cases are really snug, so what you’re seeing is a bit of loose corner wrap crunched in. It’s a super nice box. The bottom left has a small bit of wear, though, as I recall.

Edited: 04/25/2019 at 10:28 PM by ExplodedHamster

Apr 25 at 10:27:58 PM
Jim Jimmer (40)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Makes sense^. And yeah bottom left is most obvious. Thanks for the precision

Apr 25 at 10:30:05 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: Banlieuseb

Makes sense^. And yeah bottom left is most obvious. Thanks for the precision

Yup, no problem! Full disclosure, it’s mine, but it’s legit nice. I was thinking it was gonna be either a 9.0 or 9.2. 

Apr 25 at 10:56:57 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Bronty

Phleo, you're conflating grade and value. Whatever your grade system you set up is, it has to be consistent. You let the market sort out the value. Changing your grade setup based on individual games' parts rarities is a fool's errand and just introduces more of the subjectivity you're trying to eliminate as a grader

That’s actually something I didn’t consider, I’m not looking at it from a graders standpoint, I’m thinking of it from a collectors standpoint.

As a collector I want to ensure the things in my collection are interesting, rarity is one way to add appeal and I would want “that piece” to have “that certain quality”

As a grader (note: not claiming to be one) I probably want to be completely ignorant to an items collectibility, and just solely focus on the condition of the item.

The more I look at WATA the more I realize they really hit the nail on the head by accommodating both sides of the field.

Apr 27 at 10:24:22 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
10-4. Remember grading co's In general try to strive for consistency no matter which employee is going the grading etc. So they try to measure everything about condition as quantifiably as possible . I.e. you can have a one inch crease in this grade and below only . So the measurable and or objective flaws are what the condition assessments tend to be graded on. More subjective or at least harder to measure things like richness of color , at least in my experience, tend to get less weight. You try to make it a predictable - and teachable - system so that you get consistent results and can add new employees without disrupting those consistent results

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Apr 28 at 8:54:06 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
These people and their Mario and Zelda man.

Edit: And this NFR Halo, lmao.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 04/28/2019 at 08:55 PM by DefaultGen

Apr 29 at 12:56:31 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
That cib Mario sale is nuts. That thing is ugly as fuck

Apr 29 at 1:03:53 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
The halo was.. not a good buy lol

Apr 29 at 10:00:48 PM
VGS_OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan
Originally posted by: Bronty

The halo was.. not a good buy lol

It may not have been a good buy for the buyer, but it was certainly a good BYE to the seller!  

www.videogamesage.com...

Apr 30 at 11:56:02 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
CHB for NWC Gray is 15K

Now 16K

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-g...

Edited: 04/30/2019 at 11:58 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Apr 30 at 1:17:57 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

CHB for NWC Gray is 15K

Now 16K

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/nintendo-worl...

My over/Under is 35k on both the NWC and DK3.

Apr 30 at 2:24:21 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
I'm totally at $35k+. I can't believe that Reddit guy sold his for essentially an offer he received on the day one when one hasn't been at public auction is so long and the Mario sale. "But auction houses will take a cut and grading is a scam!" like Reddit says after all   So many HA auctions have blown me away in regards to high price for poor condition that I don't think the reglued label even matters (and if anything transcends condition, NWC would).

Whether a speculator, collector, or guy trying to pump up prices buys it, it's gotta be bananas right?

Edited: 04/30/2019 at 02:32 PM by DefaultGen

Apr 30 at 2:43:08 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

CHB for NWC Gray is 15K

Now 16K

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/nintendo/nintendo-worl...

My over/Under is 35k on both the NWC and DK3.

I am def in the 30K+ area. I see NWC Gray due for a bump (Artificially inflated or not)

May 05 at 9:44:26 PM
Chuckbiii (2)

< Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
Ugh this thread is making me sick to my stomach. Just reviewing these heritage auctions.....

Over last 2 years I sold all my Sealed halo items. I had:

4 black label combat evolved. 2 of them vga 85+, one 85, one raw.

3 NFR black label combat evolved. one vga 80, 2 raw.

Tons of other stuff, including a vga 85+ Chrono trigger and vga 85+ Final fantasy III. A MINT cib sticker sealed SMB. Many others. I had to sell due to new home, new baby and some other very unexpected huge expenses. I did ok selling through eBay and private sales but damn..... If I woulda held out and sent all to WATA and sold through heritage....ugh I will just let the depression sink in now ☹️.

May 05 at 10:24:17 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
I was like, dang nice stuff, and then I read the MINT STICKER SEALED SMB. Whoa dude, was that the same one that sold recently?

Shame, but it's all relative. This is indeed a massive spike, but I think pretty much anyone who sold any rare game the past 20 years feels stupid for having done it now lol. The rare stuff is never going down. Just make sure to demand a super premium when you sell something, because 5 years from now, it'll be worth more than the premium you add on.

May 05 at 10:31:32 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
I've sold things for low 4 figures that are EASY high 4-figures to low five figures today only just a few short years ago.

Stadium Events cart, mint sealed FFF Athletic World, one of a kind Star Fox Weekend Collection, and even more things I sold for high 3 figures that are easy mid 4 figures today. Hell, I think I had a dozen or so Little Samson carts run through my hands, and 3 or 4 CIBS.

Not one regret.

Sure it'd be nice to still have them and sell them for today's price...but I thought I was KILLING IT with yesterday's price, and I did.

So yeah, no regrets.

The only real shocker to me is that mint CIB first print games are now selling for close to sealed price. I just couldn't possibly foresee that but it seems obvious now that I think of it.

May 05 at 10:41:39 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
I don't think mint CiB are selling close to sealed price yet. We just haven't seen sealed items for some of these go yet.

May 06 at 2:14:11 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Agreed

May 07 at 7:37:01 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
That 7.5 CIB Zelda would've been an 8.0 if the manual was a couple points higher. Could've got that psychological bump. As crazy as I would've thought it was months ago, people grading CIB games need to get into pressing manuals like comic people are into pressing books   I wonder how long until that's common practice.

May 07 at 8:48:33 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

That 7.5 CIB Zelda would've been an 8.0 if the manual was a couple points higher. Could've got that psychological bump. As crazy as I would've thought it was months ago, people grading CIB games need to get into pressing manuals like comic people are into pressing books   I wonder how long until that's common practice.
Tell me more about this pressing...

May 07 at 9:43:47 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Tell me more about this pressing...

Literally more DIY information than any soul on Earth could ever want to know about it:
http://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/howtopresscomics.htm

It's semi controversial and some people charge for services whose methods are kept secret. I don't follow comics too much so I'm far from an expert. I just looked into pressing a few years ago and was surprised at how guarded/controversial it was. I just have a cheapo t-shirt press. I originally got it to press completely REKT boxes back into shape so they'll stand up without being crammed into a box protector, but on the comics restoration end you can heat press certain mid grade comics to 8s or 8s into the 9s.

May 07 at 10:18:54 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
I can envision a world where people will dismantle boxes, press them, and reglue them. Which would definitely be highly controversial.

But I see no reason for controversy for pressing flat paper. If damage can be reversed then it should always be reversed. The whole point of grading stuff is preservation. Contaminates like dust, oils, and other residues can and will leave permanent damage on a long term scale.

Then again I don't understand why some people prefer "patina" (tarnish) on old coins despite being a former coin-collector myself.