Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Problem Getting Twin Dragons To Play on Everdrive Followed The Instructions TWICE

Jan 16 at 10:21:42 PM
A2600 (17)
(Letter Carrier) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Picked up the Twin Dragons Rom from the brokestudios website last night but I have been struggling to play it

It says to upgrade my everdrive to OSv16 which I did and added mapper 030 to my Maps which I also did and nothing the game glitches out on the broke studios logo.

Reverted my everdrive to the older OS it originally shipped with and went into the hex editor to edit the BIN file and also added the Mapper to the Maps folder and the same thing happened again.

please help

-------------------------
Ah, so you found the secret room, eh? Bask in the glory of a Mario Trilogy, a Pair of Zeldas and a Sextet of Megamans. Yes this is the little grey box that could and continues to do. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. YOU DECIDE

Jan 17 at 2:23:15 AM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
The latest EverDrive N8 firmware is known to have a lot of issues and is not yet a stable release. Sadly, krikzz has gone AWOL the past six months with hardly any updates, so the community is still awaiting something stable that also allows stability and savestates across all mappers.

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Edited: 01/17/2019 at 02:23 AM by ifightdragons

Jan 17 at 5:14:53 AM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
Is it an original Everdrive N8 or a Chinese clone ?
Are you using it in an original NES or Famicom or any other clone ?

Jan 17 at 10:07:02 AM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: glutock

Is it an original Everdrive N8 or a Chinese clone ?
Are you using it in an original NES or Famicom or any other clone ?

He has an original NES with a later-version board (NES-CPU-11 I think) and a Hi-Def NES HDMI modification.

Jan 17 at 10:13:06 AM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Interesting. Scrambled text at the bottom of the picture appears to be " www.brokestudio.fr " (each character incremented down by one).

Edited: 01/17/2019 at 09:17 PM by Ichinisan

Jan 17 at 9:04:05 PM
A2600 (17)
Florida
The everdrive is an original unit purchased directly from kikzz last year

Ah, so you found the secret room, eh? Bask in the glory of a Mario Trilogy, a Pair of Zeldas and a Sextet of Megamans. Yes this is the little grey box that could and continues to do. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. YOU DECIDE

Jan 18 at 1:34:30 AM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
OK, so from the picture you sent here, and the others via email, it seems that the game works fine, but that the graphics are corrupted right ?
It's important to mention that if it's the case, it should be a hardware issue, since the Everdrive loads and executes correctly the game.

I tested my original Everdrive N8 with the game and mapper update and it worked fine here.
I tested it in a stock NTSC front loader and a PAL front loader with the Hi-Def Kit, both worked fine.

At this point you could try to move the cart a bit in the connector., and maybe test with another SD card (but not sure it'll change anything since the game seems to start).
Is it a front loader or a top loader ?

Jan 18 at 7:53:39 AM
A2600 (17)
Florida
The system is a Front Loader

Jan 18 at 7:58:23 AM
A2600 (17)
Florida
DP

Edited: 01/18/2019 at 08:01 AM by A2600

Jan 18 at 8:00:48 AM
A2600 (17)
Florida

OK, so from the picture you sent here, and the others via email, it seems that the game works fine, but that the graphics are corrupted right ?
It's important to mention that if it's the case, it should be a hardware issue, since the Everdrive loads and executes correctly the game.
The game loads but freezes either at the broke studios logo or at the title screen, but all my other games work fine when loaded.

Jan 18 at 8:45:39 PM
A2600 (17)
Florida
I have great news to report Glutock sent me his root EDFC folder and a new ROM.

Everything is working GREAT!! Maybe add the EDFC in the zip of the Rom folder and just tell the user to migrate the folder over.

I have been reseting the Nes and coming in and out of the rom to make sure 100% its all oka and yes indeed. Its going to be a fun night tonight

Jan 19 at 1:14:46 AM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: ifightdragons

The latest EverDrive N8 firmware is known to have a lot of issues and is not yet a stable release. Sadly, krikzz has gone AWOL the past six months with hardly any updates, so the community is still awaiting something stable that also allows stability and savestates across all mappers.

He did release that wireless Sega Genesis/MegaDrive controller.  Maybe he has just been busy.

Jan 19 at 2:28:53 AM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
I attached my Everdrive EDFC folder here (without the ROM of course). Maybe it'll help others.

Have fun with the game  

Jan 19 at 7:31:46 AM
A2600 (17)
Florida
Will do!!

Jan 19 at 9:12:48 PM
drunkenjesus (0)

< Cherub >
For some reason my cartridge of the game always has graphics corrupted when I've tryed to play it on my AV Famicom, works fine in a front loading nes though

Jan 20 at 3:45:41 AM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
Yeah sorry about that, you're not the only one with this issue and I really don't understand what causes it ...

Feb 12 at 10:17:33 PM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
I'm having trouble getting this to play on my Power Pak; it says File Not Found when I try and start the game. Any ideas, folks?

Feb 13 at 8:02:05 AM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
For the PowerPark, please download the file in this thread : https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtop....
And copy/paste the .MAP file on your PowerPak CompactFlash card.

It should do the trick (I don't have a PowerPak myself).

Feb 13 at 9:08:24 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Make sure you paste it in the Powerpak folder and not the root folder or the ROMs folder.

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Feb 13 at 2:29:44 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington

For the PowerPak, please download the file in this thread : https://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17907.
And copy/paste the .MAP file on your PowerPak CompactFlash card.

It should do the trick (I don't have a PowerPak myself).
Looks like it's Mapper 30 by Bananmos (his "Toy Project" linked to in his post on that thread) that does the trick; NovaSquirrel's Mapper 30 apparently doesn't work properly with Twin Dragons.

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction!

Feb 13 at 2:48:05 PM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
Oh ok, that's good to know ! Thanks for the update  

Feb 13 at 3:13:40 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
I posted this info in the PowerPak thread as well so that the original post can hopefully be updated accordingly.  

Feb 18 at 3:16:24 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
Ok, using that mapper, the game boots up and runs, the title screen and opening cutscenes play fine, but when you start the gameplay it's broken and unplayable, as evidenced by this screenshot I took:

Edited: 02/18/2019 at 03:32 PM by WaverBoy

Feb 18 at 3:33:04 PM
WaverBoy (1)

Washington
I have posted my results on that NesDev thread and will see what feedback I get.

Feb 18 at 3:38:09 PM
Broke Studio (1)
< Crack Trooper >
France
@WaverBoy : which ROM version are you using?