Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

2018 NA Weekly Contest Tournament : First Round Contest ends Sunday, 11/04/18 at 11 PM NA Time

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:02:19 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Yoshi

This game is a lot of fun! I'm going to try to get a few more goes at it this weekend.

Shoutouts to Jim for the painting that I won in one of the weekly contests in 2017! I had to display it for this special occasion.

Your new user pic is hilarious.

-------------------------
Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:06:00 AM
Yoshi (34)
< Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: mbd39

Your new user pic is hilarious.

Thank you.  This came straight from the user manual of Kickle Cubicle.  You caught me mid-switching because I had Bonkers at first. I was looking at the wrong line in the scoreboard. Whoops. XD

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:17:34 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
That's it...

breaking out out the secret weapon

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 11/03/2018 at 12:18 AM by skinnygrinny

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:29:26 AM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Yaaasssss bitches! Kickle fest!

Hey yoshi, don't forget you still have a gift certificate.

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread
Purple Ganon auction
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&th...

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Nov 3, 2018 at 12:03:05 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

That's it...

breaking out out the secret weapon

#Skinny strong ✊😑

"Why's that guy wearing a suit to a garage sale?"

Nov 3, 2018 at 4:48:48 PM
Seppatoni (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Switzerland

I was hoping for Duck Tales, where I expected to have some good chances. But anyway, I played some Marble Madness the past days and was finally able to beat it today. Now my thumb hurts and I am still nowhere compared to tablew/chairs. 

> Seppatoni's Zockerstübchen

Nov 3, 2018 at 6:17:31 PM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Score updated on pg 5.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:11:19 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I don't think I'll get another shot at kickle.

But I did win a small NWC contest at "emerald coast con"

Thanks to joe and rad junk.

Edited: 11/04/2018 at 09:11 AM by skinnygrinny

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:15:17 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

What did you play?

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:20:43 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: mbd39

What did you play?

Nintendo world championships.

i had never played it and my score was pretty low but it was only like ten people in it.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:24:02 AM
Ausden (13)
(Jonathan ) < Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Nice job Skinny

Edited: 11/04/2018 at 09:27 AM by Ausden

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:35:09 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida
Originally posted by: Ausden

Nice job Skinny

Thanks! 

Nov 4, 2018 at 10:09:17 AM
smick (27)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania

Playing through the Zelda games:

Complete: The Legend of Zelda (8/1/13); Zelda II (1/6/14); Zelda LTTP (5/18/14); Link's Awakening (4/8/15); Ocarina of Time (2/7/16)
Up Next: Majora's Mask

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:49:38 PM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta

Okay.... this should be good enough.  Got lucky with 2 wands, the first at the start of Beginner race, and the other at the end of Silly Race.  Probably the best places to get them if youre only gonna get two.  Had a few a minor deaths early on, and then the black ball fucked me over on Ultimate but at least I killed him (which I dont usually try to do, was a fluke). Think my score is secure so there's no point trying to grind up to the 175K+ range.

I thought in light of the Kickle contest going on I'd share what Jimtendo drew and sent to me a few months ago after my name fell out of the hat during some random draw, and I been meaning to post it.  I call it "Kickle and Lickle".  Thanks Jim its very nice and came out perfect, planning on framing or matting it soon. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:56:41 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Just a question for the mods: who gets to pick the next round of games? Is it still just the top seeds from the leaderboards who pick, or is it the winner of this round from each respective group?

Nov 4, 2018 at 4:19:02 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
Top seeds keep the top seed status unless they somehow get eliminated at the round 1 of the tournament.
So they will pick the next batch of games unless one of them get knocked out.

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Nov 4, 2018 at 4:36:57 PM
Krunch (146)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

Top seeds keep the top seed status unless they somehow get eliminated at the round 1 of the tournament.
So they will pick the next batch of games unless one of them get knocked out.

Thanks for the reply!

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:39:13 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Guys, I've got to bow out, and I'm really sorry. I did some early runs this week and was going to crack on pretty hard today, but unfortunately life got in the way. My dad had a heart attack this morning (he's resting in the ICU right now), and he's going to have to have open heart surgery pretty soon. I just got home, and Kickle Cubicle just isn't something pressing for me to dig into right now. I had hoped to make a dramatic run deep into the tournament, but there's always next year. Again, I'm sorry to bail like that but I can't even pretend to focus on anything right now.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:44:04 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: the tall guy

Guys, I've got to bow out, and I'm really sorry. I did some early runs this week and was going to crack on pretty hard today, but unfortunately life got in the way. My dad had a heart attack this morning (he's resting in the ICU right now), and he's going to have to have open heart surgery pretty soon. I just got home, and Kickle Cubicle just isn't something pressing for me to dig into right now. I had hoped to make a dramatic run deep into the tournament, but there's always next year. Again, I'm sorry to bail like that but I can't even pretend to focus on anything right now.

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear that.  You definitely have much more pressing matters than Kickle right now. 

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:26:16 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil

Kickle Cubicle is not important right now.
I hope your father recovers fast from from the surgery and that everything goes well with it.
He and you will be in my thoughts.

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:05:16 PM
Murray (34)
(Count of Tuscany ) < El Ripper >
Colorado

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

"Why's that guy wearing a suit to a garage sale?"

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:16:37 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec

Don't feel sorry for the tournament Randy, you have way more important things to care about right now. I sincerely hope that your father get better as fast as possible after that open heart surgery. I wish the best to you and your family in this sad event.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:18:36 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Krunch

I thought in light of the Kickle contest going on I'd share what Jimtendo drew and sent to me a few months ago after my name fell out of the hat during some random draw, and I been meaning to post it.  I call it "Kickle and Lickle".  Thanks Jim its very nice and came out perfect, planning on framing or matting it soon. 

Man, I can't get enough of that little fucker! Jimbo has done a wonderful job on this one, and I totally love your custom title, 'Kickle and Lickle', brilliant!

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:20:08 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
I have updated the scoreboard with the current standings.
As it is past 11 pm here already, I won't be up for when 11 pm NA time rolls over, but I will post the new thread and the final standings tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Since it is clear that Bert, Tables and Arn won't be knocked out, they will have to pick among one of the three games below for the next round:

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Life Force
Double Dragon 2

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:22:42 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

I have updated the scoreboard with the current standings.
As it is past 11 pm here already, I won't be up for when 11 pm NA time rolls over, but I will post the new thread and the final standings tomorrow first thing in the morning.

Since it is clear that Bert, Tables and Arn won't be knocked out, they will have to pick among one of the three games below for the next round:

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Life Force
Double Dragon 2

Oh please let it be MTPO or DD2.