Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How to use Scoreboard & Update AVS firmware Scoreboard software downloads, How to use & FAQs

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:01:37 PM
mattysaurus (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Maryland
I just suggested adding Smooth and Wavebeam, not replacing or deleting. Though I suppose the final call is up to bunnyboy.

Apr 25, 2018 at 11:02:28 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I just don't want to lose the ones I use.  

May 12, 2018 at 9:55:12 AM
Iron Curtain (0)
< Cherub >
New York
Hi. First-time poster here. Sorry to intrude.

I am unable to play Konami Famicom cartridges with expansion VRC audio chips on them on my AVS, that is, Akumajou Densetsu and LaGrange Point, which have have VRC6 and VRC7 chips in that respective order. I know it's a problem with the AVS because I am able to play both carts on a Famicom which I bought when I was in Japan a few weeks ago. Is it a problem that can be solved with a firmware update?

Thank you for your time.

May 13, 2018 at 12:07:11 AM
mattysaurus (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Maryland
I suggest emailing your question to support, they would know best  

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:42:10 PM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England
I use to have the AVS last year, but sold it. I missed it badly. Bought another. Just received it today. It's like seeing an old friend again. Oh how I missed it  

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:33:55 AM
el_tokay (0)
< Cherub >
Originally posted by: lokkenjawnz

Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Originally posted by: lokkenjawnz

Is there any possibility of a linux Scoreboard application? Or maybe an open source version, so someone can try to port it?

Have you tried running the Windows application through Wine?

Not yet, I was just wondering if there'd be a native version of it, as that's usually much easier to use, especially with something that connects to a peripheral. Plus open source stuff just makes you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside  

Did you try using WINE afterall?
It saddens me a bit that Linux is not proudly standing as the first link to click on AVS support page!  

@bunnyboy: "View Scorboard on NintendoAge" -> "View Scoreboard on NintendoAge: "  

Edit: tried to run scoreboard using WINE on Linux Mint 19 and console is not recognized. I used 2 different cables and USB ports just to be sure.

Edited: 11/24/2018 at 08:19 AM by el_tokay

Jan 04 at 9:07:41 PM
Notker (0)

< Cherub >
I have a feeling that I'm missing something obvious, but I'm trying to update my firmware for the first time and I can't quite get it to work. The instructions at the beginning of this thread say to start the Scoreboard and select "Transfer->Upgrade", but I don't have that option, either on the AVS or on the Scoreboard software. My only options are "Play a Game First", "View Friends List" and "View Top Scores".

Edited: 01/04/2019 at 09:08 PM by Notker

Jan 05 at 8:04:55 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Notker

I have a feeling that I'm missing something obvious, but I'm trying to update my firmware for the first time and I can't quite get it to work. The instructions at the beginning of this thread say to start the Scoreboard and select "Transfer->Upgrade", but I don't have that option, either on the AVS or on the Scoreboard software. My only options are "Play a Game First", "View Friends List" and "View Top Scores".

This is where those options are located. 

Jan 05 at 7:43:16 PM
Notker (0)

< Cherub >
Yup, it was obvious. Thanks!