Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official NintendoAge Hall of Shame -deadbeat sellers, bad customer service, general negative deals

LOCKED TOPIC

Feb 12, 2009 at 6:05:25 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
did you pay with paypal?
if so, go to paypal, and go to the resolution center, you should be able to enter the transaction ID and open a dispute

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:13:37 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: MarioShroomed

Originally posted by: PSerge

Shroomy, you should file a paypal claim on that...  I hope you didn't pay a whole lot... 4K is way too much in my opinion...

how do i go about that?

Edit:  I did what you said Pserge.  I'm not really in a good mood right now.  Espically since I kept this from my parents.

DEFINITELY file a claim.  There is no reason to let yourself get screwed out of that kind of money.

-------------------------

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:16:56 PM
VileRedFalcon (21)
(Chris Hughes) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Wow, those pictures make me feel sick.

*** WANTED ***
- 5 Screw Zelda Test Cart
- Rygar Poster
- Castlevania Box w/ hangtab

Feb 12, 2009 at 8:20:28 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
You must file a claim right now, and IMO, you should ask for a full refund and send the whole stash back to this ass-hat.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:00:16 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Unfortunately, you'll have to pay for return shipping. But you'll get your $4k back. And there's nothing he can say about it.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:17:24 PM
chupaskabra (88)
(Antonio Valdez) < El Ripper >
Texas
that is horrible, you would think that somebody with that kind of collection you wouldnt have to worry about stuff like this. im sorry to see that deal go bad marioshroomed. hopefully everything works out in your favor.

Feb 12, 2009 at 9:57:43 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
for four grand I would have made sure the packaging was top notch and the boxed games would have been shipped separate. That sucks good luck

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:31:49 PM
HIGHTOWER26 (73)
(Wesley Johnson) < El Ripper >
California
wow thats sickening. I agree with you guys. there was no need for that! That is just some Lazy piss-poor packing there. Send them back. Wow what a waste of some great games.

looking for boxes and manuals that I dont have. 

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:40:10 PM
MarioShroomed (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Daniel Powers) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio

I got an email back from him. This is what he had to say, "Dear powersclan6,

Hey Dan,

I've never shipped that many items at once, I tried my best.

I paid $48.00 to have the games packed by the Ups store. The totes are included. I then paid $185 to have them shipped to you. I paid $417 with fees and shipping on the auction.

Everybody at the Ups store thought it was best to ship that way. The totes were not included in the auction, they cost about 15 each there rubbermaids, BUT I told them to ship them in the totes so the games can stay nice and tight and it's easy to store for you. I did the oppposite of the way you feel about it. It may might seem that way but I've sold for 10 years and this is the first time I've every had to ship that many games. There were a few games that were shipped seperately.

Two totes did not ship becuase they wouldn't fit so they took the games out.

- middleclear

EDIT:  So he can protect loose games but not a bunch of boxes?  Seriously some of those boxes were worth $20 to $40 bucks.  Like bomberman, but now their worthless!  I have since filed a paypal claim requesting 5,000.  Thats my 4K plus a thousand for expenses required to ship it back.  This guy is the worst ass I have ever dealt with.  I was going to use that 4K on college but that auction felt almost a steal.

P.S.  I wanted to tell everybody that I got an interview this monday at 3pm at Sinclair (a community college).  I am seriously hoping that I get accepted!

I also forgot to mention that when the boxes (2 BIG boxes) came in, 1 was 95 lbs. while the other was 98lbs.  WTF?  He couldn't have done it with fifties?  And when I got the boxes they were so beat up, I swear there was a 2 and a half inch hole in the corner of 1 box.  And there was so much tape that I thought that that was all that (way too many thats)! was holding the boxes together.

Edited: 02/13/2009 at 02:48 PM by MarioShroomed

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:51:31 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Regardless of the Seller's excuses (whether they are true or not, seemingly true though based on his feedback) you should send that back ASAP.

Whenever I buy some boxed games, I ALWAYS message the seller prior to paying and ask a question like "How will the items be shipped and can you please make sure to package them securely so they arrive in the condition pictured?" That way there is no confusion at all.

This is definitely the seller's fault, and this lesson will probably cost you a couple of hundred bucks in return shipping. I think it's better than you are returning them anyway because those games in that condition aren't worth 4k. And I'm talking about the condition they were sold in, not how they were received. All of those "money titles" were so badly damaged and probably a collector's crappy doubles.

PS - If you have to hide spending that kind of money then you probably shouldn't spend it. No way a teenage high school kid with a part time income should blow that much money all at once, especially if it wasn't even that good of a deal.... There's nothing wrong with collecting, but living outside your means is a recipe for disaster.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:53:38 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

Thats my 4K plus a thousand for expenses required to ship it back.  This guy is the worst ass I have ever dealt with.  I was going to use that 4K on college but that auction felt almost a steal.

Education is the number one priority in your life until you get a career.  I understand that you are young and make mistakes, but never compromise your future to collect video games....

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 13, 2009 at 2:55:31 PM
Scoggs298 (174)
(Jeremy Scoggins) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I agree with jonebone 100%, no matter how good a deal seems, if you don't have play money set aside, don't risk your future.

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:35:21 PM
DutchBoy (58)
(Look vegeta its a Pokemon .) < El Ripper >
New York
No offense though, but that auction didn't seam like a steal for 4K

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:37:30 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other

P.S.  I wanted to tell everybody that I got an interview this monday at 3pm at Sinclair (a community college).  I am seriously hoping that I get accepted!

Congrats Shroomy..  Let us know how it goes..

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:48:10 PM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
I think you may have shot yourself in the foot by demanding return shipping as well. Paypal usually would require you to ship the items back at your expense and you cannot recover that, unless the seller agrees to give it to you. At best, they will give you your 4K back. If you start asking for more than the purchase price, they may percieve you as unreasonable and side with the seller. I hate to say it, but unreasonable demands will close a claim real quick. You would be best to back off on demanding another $1000 from the guy because you won't get it. I'm sure many here have shared the frustration of having to eat shipping to get a refund.

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 02/13/2009 at 05:03 PM by themotherbrain

Feb 13, 2009 at 5:01:47 PM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
themotherbrain is right. Don't start asking more than the amount paid by you through Paypal. A customer that is truly unsatisfied with his purchase should be willing to pay return shipping in exchange of his money rather than keeping the item or reselling it himself.

Feb 14, 2009 at 11:21:55 AM
MarioShroomed (0)
Ohio
He has sent me another email. Here is what it says:

Dear powersclan6,

You will get a refund for the price of the damaged boxes, which is the fair thing to do. This claim is not valid becuase the boxes are shown worn in the pictures, not mint. There are no mint boxes in the pictures and the boxes are mostly commons. This is buyers remorse. This is not "item significantly undescribed", I never said the boxes were mint.

Even if they were damaged when packed at Ups - not me, the value of the worn used boxes would be replace, not give you thousands of dollars for $200 in used boxes.

You need to be fair, I spend too much time and money on this. I have copies of your buyers remorse emails from the beginning.

We need to agree on some money I can give you for the damaged boxes and close the dispute.

The auction clearly states "no refunds" and the boxes are not in mint condition like your email says above.

Come on Dan, be fair.

Feb 14, 2009 at 11:44:51 AM
themotherbrain (93)
New York
You would be best to work with him, IMHO. It sounds like your claim is pretty shaky regardless of how you feel about it. He never did advertise the boxes' condition which can be damning to you. The no refund thing is BS because then he could just send an empty box or one filled with junk and say hey no refunds. I had somebody pull that no refunds crap on me and I promptly won that dispute. You should put a reasonable price tag on the boxes and ask for a partial refund as he is offering. I don't see anything there that is irreplaceable by any means. I mean, you do what you want, but you risk getting nothing when it sounds like it can be resolved. I think if you said that half of the games were destryoed or something, you might have had a legit case for a full refund, but a Paypal employee (likely not a collector) will see a couple of bent up boxes as minor considering all the games you got and then weigh what you are demanding..

Edited: 02/14/2009 at 11:49 AM by themotherbrain

Feb 14, 2009 at 11:59:01 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Yeah, "no refunds" is meaningless.

You have every right to adjust your claim to the full refund (less return shipping) since you can't be required to wheel-and-deal on PART of the auction when you paid for the WHOLE.

Feb 14, 2009 at 12:14:04 PM
themotherbrain (93)
New York
I'm not disagreeing with what you say at all, but going by my experience and plently of other I am aware of, this is a case that can be easily lost. I had a claim in which I was literally shorted 12 games and I still lost. Paypal is not known for having an even hand. I am just trying to point out that the guy wants to settle and it might be in one's best intererst rather than get nothing.

Edited: 02/14/2009 at 12:15 PM by themotherbrain

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:06:49 PM
MarioShroomed (0)
Ohio
alright so then I can try to settle it. How much would you say all those boxes are worth? That is if they were the same as in the pictures? And I remember him saying this, "The collection is listed in Alphabetical order. Everything was stored in large Rubbermaid containers for easy organization. All games are in excellent shape. Nice looking labels and games in good shape. I can't guarantee that every game will play right away as there are so many here, but they are very clean and in nice physical condition.

But when I looked at the games there were indeed alot that were damaged, faded, rattling, and just plain coming apart. I can do pictures of that too if necessary.

Feb 18, 2009 at 11:08:14 AM
pedro! (24)
(Pedro Games) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
Dan, I'm not intending to come off as a dick, though that may be inevitable. You should not have access to that kind of money again until you have a better grasp on your finances. I read that you are high school age. Is this true? If yes, when I was 18, I would have blown this money on all sorts of retarded shit, at least this stuff does have some resale value but it was still a VERY poor decision on your part. In your shoes, I would absolutely try to keep the stuff and work out a deal with the seller. The very next thing you need to do is sell as much of it as it takes to get your money back, then give that money to your parents. This was a monumental screw-up, but it can be fixed, and you can learn a great lesson from it.

WWW.PEDROGAMES.COM

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:34:18 PM
MarioShroomed (0)
Ohio
Well I hate to say it but I am not a teen. I don't know who's been saying that. And yeah your right about me not even touching my own money. But still I have an extra 6 thousand that my parents took back when I was trying to get ssi.

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:50:17 AM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
^^ well you way way over paid for this lot in the first place.. i mean theres only 30 boxes and 40 manuals in there, this auction was not a deal in any way!!!

but i do agree he owes you for the 30 boxes, i aproxamate there value at a mere $100 since you can see that some of them are not even in good condition to begin with..

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Mar 3, 2009 at 2:06:56 AM
burnambill333 (0)
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Block eBay user ID thwn16. Guy bought a $2 game from me which was like $8 shipped. Said he never got it. Negged me. Funny thing is that delivery confirmation proves he got his game 2 weeks ago. I emailed asking to clear up the problem twice with no response. Block him

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!