Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

A rare find brings me here.. Grey "NOT FOR RESALE" copy of "The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask"

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:50:53 PM
nusilver (20)
(Michael ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Originally posted by: brent3

Originally posted by: Slayter

Wow, that sucks, Brent. I'm not surprised though.

@mjwatts: Was there a Buy it Now on the auction from the beginning or did you send the seller one of those "I'll give you $$$ right now if you end the auction"?

Yeah. There was no buy it now at the beginning, I was the first bidder. If there was a buy it now for $940, then I would have bought it . I was suprised the seller fell for the "end it now" message, I didn't even think of trying that. 99% of the time it will go for more if you let the auction play out, and I just figured most sellers knew that.
The only one who really lost out here was the seller, they would have gotten a couple hundred more had they let the auction go. No hard feelings though.
I was second highest bidder on that other Gray MM NFR that sold last night, so obviously I was willing to pay just shy of the $1204 or whatever it went for. Hopefully that high price will bring some more out of hiding.
I knew I was competing with another NAer! Having said that, *thank you* for not bidding higher. My max bid was considerably higher than what I ended up paying and I'm glad to have something left over, haha.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:48:02 AM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Originally posted by: brent3

Originally posted by: Slayter

Wow, that sucks, Brent. I'm not surprised though.

@mjwatts: Was there a Buy it Now on the auction from the beginning or did you send the seller one of those "I'll give you $$$ right now if you end the auction"?

Yeah. There was no buy it now at the beginning, I was the first bidder. If there was a buy it now for $940, then I would have bought it . I was suprised the seller fell for the "end it now" message, I didn't even think of trying that. 99% of the time it will go for more if you let the auction play out, and I just figured most sellers knew that.
The only one who really lost out here was the seller, they would have gotten a couple hundred more had they let the auction go. No hard feelings though.
I was second highest bidder on that other Gray MM NFR that sold last night, so obviously I was willing to pay just shy of the $1204 or whatever it went for. Hopefully that high price will bring some more out of hiding.
The seller's response to the end the auction now message should have been "Sorry but there's already a bid on it". It's HoS worthy in my opinion even if he cost himself a couple of hundred in the process.

-------------------------