Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Pokemon (Prototypes/Demo?) on DMG-MBC3-16M-FLASH

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:05:55 AM
steven78 (118)
(--- ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
Pokemon (Prototype's/Demo) on DMG-MBC3-16M-FLASH carts and two on regular GBC proto carts

Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Gold
Pokemon Silver
Pokemon Crystal

No Yellow 

Languages from: English Italian Spanish and German

Big question is: why are Blue and Red on these carts as the PCB says 2000

As you see on the last photo's the top of the cart can be removed for longer PCB boards i guess 

The number on the top right corner on the PCB go from 1 to 5

Couldnt find any beside one guy from Ozzy that found a Pokemon Gold on a cart like this

-------------------------
3195A ROCKS  & Wanted List

Edited: 01/14/2015 at 06:07 AM by steven78

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:20:11 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Just amazing once again the cool items you come across!

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:46:05 AM
CD2193 (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Texas
It looks like R/B maybe came out in some of Europe in late 1999. Maybe the PCB date was just printed for later than when it was actually produced?

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:33:27 AM
steven78 (118)
(--- ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
should get some dumped and checked , not a real pokemon player so anything i should look for?

3195A ROCKS  & Wanted List

Jan 30, 2015 at 8:02:56 AM
CZroe (31)
(Julian Emmett Turner II) < Bowser >
Georgia
Though it was finally released in the US in 1999, Pokemon Red/Blue probably wasn't translated and released everywhere until 2000. It makes sense that they would still be making prototypes until it was released in all regions. Gold/Silver and Crystal are all after 2000, so those make perfect sense.

Edited: 01/30/2015 at 08:04 AM by CZroe

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:21:30 PM
Brendand (0)

(brendan denning) < Cherub >
New South Wales
now that is a Amazing collection ! thankyou for the mention ^-^ !

Feb 25, 2016 at 12:23:54 PM
Brendand (0)

(brendan denning) < Cherub >
New South Wales
I still believe that Pokemon was gonna do something similar to Robopon GBC retail carts

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:40:28 AM
MrTrippleAAA (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Hope you dont mind me bumping a three year old thread but I had bought two of these prototypes from this guy a few years back. I'm considering getting a rom dumper to dump the roms and see if there are any differences or if they're just the final version of each game. What dumper would be recommended to dump these bad boys?

Edited: 04/24/2018 at 02:41 AM by MrTrippleAAA

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:54:11 AM
Xerxes (20)
(Xerxes Dole) < El Ripper >
Ohio
Originally posted by: MrTrippleAAA

Hope you dont mind me bumping a three year old thread but I had bought two of these prototypes from this guy a few years back. I'm considering getting a rom dumper to dump the roms and see if there are any differences or if they're just the final version of each game. What dumper would be recommended to dump these bad boys?
I own a prototype on one of these boards. I got a bennvenn, but could not get it to dump. Even after 20+ emails back and forth with Ben. From what I understand of what Ben wrote, gameboy / color games load in a little data that helps tell the gameboy where everything is. Dumpers apparently have trouble with that on prototypes. In my case it resulted in the same blocks being dumped over and over again. I honestly don’t know if this issue affects all dumpers, is specific to bennvenn, or is specific to my prototype.

Keep in mind I am not an expert in GB/GBC prototypes. I only own the one, and have been unable to get it dumped. If you find a solution. I would be very happy to hear about it.

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:57:41 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Xerxes

I own a prototype on one of these boards. I got a bennvenn, but could not get it to dump. Even after 20+ emails back and forth with Ben. From what I understand of what Ben wrote, gameboy / color games load in a little data that helps tell the gameboy where everything is. Dumpers apparently have trouble with that on prototypes. In my case it resulted in the same blocks being dumped over and over again. I honestly don't know if this issue affects all dumpers, is specific to bennvenn, or is specific to my prototype.

Keep in mind I am not an expert in GB/GBC prototypes. I only own the one, and have been unable to get it dumped. If you find a solution. I would be very happy to hear about it.

I used this dumper to dump the rom of my proto copy of cannon fodder and that weird 2440 pack cart that I had. https://www.tindie.com/products/J...

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Apr 24, 2018 at 1:58:17 PM
MrTrippleAAA (0)

< Cherub >
Alabama
Thank you for the suggestions. I checked out both dumpers earlier but wasnt sure which one to get.

The one SNESNESCUBE64 linked earlier seems even cheaper than the Bennvenn one so I'll try his suggestion first. If that doesnt work at all, I'll look at the Bennvenn one at some point.

Apr 24, 2018 at 2:50:25 PM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan

Thank you for the suggestions. I checked out both dumpers earlier but wasnt sure which one to get.

The one SNESNESCUBE64 linked earlier seems even cheaper than the Bennvenn one so I'll try his suggestion first. If that doesnt work at all, I'll look at the Bennvenn one at some point.

the only downfall is the software, I don't particularly like it but it works.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome