Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Cheetahmen 2: The Lost Levels Reproduction Kickstarter Event $60 for Complete Reproduction with Comic Book and Custom Sleeve

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:04:48 PM
Maze (0)
(Mazey Cat) < Cherub >
Michigan
Originally posted by: JDIf you are thinking he is doing this at no risk, then you don't understand how kickstarter works.

If it doesn't get funded 100%, then no money is collected. Which means all the time and money he as spent---he will probably not recover.

I know how it works. What I DIDN'T know was that it was meant to serve as a distribution center for an already extant product. I apologize if I misread you, but you are implying that he already has produced the 1000 carts, aren't you? If yes? Why is he not just selling them at $60 per cart? Even through KS. Why is he accepting a minimum donation that is less that the price of his merchandise? Why is it not clearly spelled out on all areas of his fundriaser that his product is already in existence? I've seen his donation page. Unless it has been updated AGAIN there is no mention of this on his KS page.

It's pretty unlikely he won't reach his goal after all this publicity, don't you think?

Originally posted by: OSG
I see this word thrown around a lot.

It's going to lose its power if we keep using it this way.

I need to start a Save Entitlement campaign.

Given your avi, that is both unsurprising and appropriate.

Originally posted by: Pat the NES Punk
Your intellectual dishonesy and hypocrisy is in reference with you disagreeing with me regarding my defense from people that are defaming my character and harrassing me. Apparently, it is hunky-dory for them to do that but if I call someone a moron (including your big bad smokey friend in this case), I am suddenly the bad guy. How lame. I am choosing to respond how I am since bullying is awful, and I am not only defending the reputation of myself, but also my friends who are being defamed (James, Mike, Billy & Jay). I honestly don't care how you choose to conduct your business online. If you choose to ignore it, good for you. But I have the feeling that you have a hell of a lot less at stake with your public reputation than someone like James Rolfe does.

That aside, you ignored every other counter i made to your arguments (since you probably cannot respond adequately), so this is becoming extremely pedantic to me and just a boring exercise. Besides that, you have purposefully misquoted me several times or falsely attributed phrases or words to me that never existed in trying to further your argument. Childishness. I'll have nothing further to say to you about your crusade.

I don't excuse anyone's behavior. But thanks for assuming. HAHA, oh nice. Yes. I am just a nobody. Thank you. Unlike Mr. Rolfe. Who has made himself a public figure. When you are a public figure you are going to be scrutinized by the public. By turns adored and reviled. How it works. Is that an excuse for people to abuse him? No. But I notice he is smart enough not to get down in the dirt w/ his detractors and respond in kind.

Whereas you have answered every point I made? Adequately or otherwise. You explained how the 20k figure on the update you posted to your channel has some kindof real world validity? No. No you didn't.

Name one. I have neither misquoted you or falsely attributed any statements to you to the best of my knowledge. I have partial quoted you. Just like you have w/ me. Prove it, and I will apologize. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong.

-------------------------
*Meow*

Edited: 08/14/2012 at 11:25 PM by Maze

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:17:02 PM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
Originally posted by: Arkonviox

Here's some fun facts, Greg Pabich doesn't own the rights to Cheetahmen, he assumed the rights given that no one will come forward and do something about it. He doesn't own any copyrights to the game nor could he, he does own trademarks associated with the game, with the originals long expired in 2000. There are no copyrights registered, but, the idea of cheetahmen does belong to Vince Perri who I doubt Greg has asked permission from. More importantly is Mario Gonzales, what I haven't figured out is if he designed the Cheetahmen - the looks and everything else, if thats the case I think Greg is in contact with him and has his permission to use the likeness - if Mario indeed created the original design for the cheetahmen (which he might given he has the doodle of them in his notebook).

Here's some fun facts, Suckerfree Games owns the rights to Cheetahmen, which Pabich uses under license in exchange for including advertising for their product, Cheetahmen III.
http://suckerfreegames.com/forums...

We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Edited: 08/14/2012 at 11:20 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:27:29 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Maze

Originally posted by: JDIf you are thinking he is doing this at no risk, then you don't understand how kickstarter works.

If it doesn't get funded 100%, then no money is collected. Which means all the time and money he as spent---he will probably not recover.

I know how it works. What I DIDN'T know was that it was meant to serve as a distribution center for an already extant product. I apologize if I misread you, but you are implying that he already has produced the 1000 carts, aren't you? If yes? Why is he not just selling them at $60 per cart? Even through KS. Why is he accepting a minimum donation that is less that the price of his merchandise? Why is it not clearly spelled out on all areas of his fundriaser that his product is already in existence? I've seen his donation page. Unless it has been updated AGAIN there is no mention of this on his KS page.

It's pretty unlikely he won't reach his goal after all this publicity, don't you think?

Originally posted by: OSG
I see this word thrown around a lot.

I don't know, all the drama started well before 20k was raised, and we are at 37k right now.

You'd just as well flip a coin, as predict where this is going, so I'm not going to say.

Bottom line is Kickstarter is a tool used to fuel business and sell product.  The goal is to raise as much money and sell as much product as possible.  Which is basically the goal of every company in existence.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:42:49 PM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
This thread is way out of control. Either back it, or don't. It's that simple. Nobody on the internet ever convinces anybody else on the internet of anything. So just stop trying. But oh, wait, I'm on the internet, and I can't convince you to stop, since your on the internet, and you're just going to keep on beating your point (you had one?) into the ground.

Hmm... I'm not usually one to suggest such, but maybe this thread should just get a lock. We have new people joining just to troll this thread, and that's pretty unhealthy and really against the spirit of these boards.

Edited: 08/14/2012 at 11:44 PM by removed-07-06-2016

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:44:32 PM
Maze (0)
(Mazey Cat) < Cherub >
Michigan
Originally posted by: JD

I don't know, all the drama started well before 20k was raised, and we are at 37k right now.

You'd just as well flip a coin, as predict where this is going, so I'm not going to say.

Bottom line is Kickstarter is a tool used to fuel business and sell product.  The goal is to raise as much money and sell as much product as possible.  Which is basically the goal of every company in existence.

Why is this so hard to understand?

The 20k I keep mentioning is what Pabich himself claims will be his profit, or used to defray "other costs" (it's unclear which) on the KS update video. I explained why that figure has no real world validity imo in my first post. No one has advanced any compelling arguments to the contrary. The figure has nothing to do w/ the amount his fundraiser has thus far received from donators.

Most companies in existence go to banks and investors for their start up costs. They put their own capital up; they don't expect consumers to do it for them. This is not a trend I want to see moving into other industries. Say Coke wants to make another- less appetizing than original coke- soda? Do they expect consumers to shell out in advance for R&D, marketing and production in exchange for a case of the New New Coke and a poster? Maybe lunch w/ the Pres. of Coke? No. And I don't want them to get the idea that that could be an option. Why is THAT so hard to understand?

Originally posted by: nesguy
Hmm... I'm not usually one to suggest such, but maybe this thread should just get a lock. We have new people joining just to troll this thread, and that's pretty unhealthy and really against the spirit of these boards.

Disagreeing w/ the prevailing opinion does not a troll make. I have been nothing but civil. Why do people usually join a board if not to post in some thread? If they like the people and find other interesting topics, they stick around. Sounds like how I've joined every board I've ever been a member of outside of those attached to txt based mmorpgs.

*Meow*

Edited: 08/14/2012 at 11:50 PM by Maze

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:44:56 PM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
Seriously, just stop.

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:49:32 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia

I was going to say the same thing earlier. This is the worst thread i've seen on NA. There is no point to continue the conversation.

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:03:35 AM
Piko (51)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< King Solomon >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: Mog

I was going to say the same thing earlier. This is the worst thread i've seen on NA. There is no point to continue the conversation.

I didnt want to be that guy lol. but I suggest lock too

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:11:47 AM
Maze (0)
(Mazey Cat) < Cherub >
Michigan
nesguy: Seriously, just stop.

Don't call me a troll as a cheap dismissal then. Now THAT'S something that's REAAALLY overused on the net.

And I only take orders from strange men when I'm naked tyvm.

*Meow*

Edited: 08/15/2012 at 12:13 AM by Maze

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:28:00 AM
OSG (28)
(PEEP and PAMP) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Maze

Originally posted by: OSGI see this word thrown around a lot.

My avatar has always been an ironic stab at the state of video game collecting. It's not like I'm being secretive about that. It's sort of weird that it's been taken the other way though! Someone tell her I'm actually a big dumb communist!