NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Beverage of choice for XTREME GAMING Saw an ad on GameFAQs

Oct 17 at 12:15:34 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: beardcore84

Jolt isn't any different than any other soda. Just marketing. No more caffeine or sugar that a MT Dew or Surge.
That isn't accurate.
https://www.everything80spodcast.com/jolt-cola/

Jolt is almost 6 mg of caffiene per oz.
In a 12 oz can that is 72 mg of caffeine.

By comparison, Surge only has 51 mg of caffeine in a 12 oz can and Mt Dew has 55 mg.
Coca Cola only has 34 mg.

A normal 8oz cup of coffee is about 80 mg, which was more-or-less Jolt's target.

It very definitely had more caffeine than any other "normal" sodas.

(and their slogan "All the sugar twice the caffiene" would be accurate compared to standard colas like Coke)

EDIT and "new" Jolt (a higher caffeine re-release) has a whopping 160 mg of caffeine per 12 oz can.

-------------------------

Edited: 10/17/2019 at 12:20 PM by arch_8ngel

Oct 17 at 12:23:00 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

EDIT and "new" Jolt (a higher caffeine re-release) has a whopping 160 mg of caffeine per 12 oz can.

Man, I'm glad I gave up caffeine.

Oct 17 at 12:24:57 PM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska

Jolt isn't any different than any other soda. Just marketing. No more caffeine or sugar that a MT Dew or Surge.
That isn't accurate.
https://www.everything80spodcast.com/jolt-cola/

Jolt is almost 6 mg of caffiene per oz.
In a 12 oz can that is 72 mg of caffeine.

By comparison, Surge only has 51 mg of caffeine in a 12 oz can and Mt Dew has 55 mg.
Coca Cola only has 34 mg.

A normal 8oz cup of coffee is about 80 mg, which was more-or-less Jolt's target.

It very definitely had more caffeine than any other "normal" sodas.

(and their slogan "All the sugar twice the caffiene" would be accurate compared to standard colas like Coke)

My bad

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Oct 17 at 12:27:08 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Man, I'm glad I gave up caffeine.

I can do a couple standard cups of coffee over a morning and be fine.

But once I had a double-Americano in a hurry and ended up with an ocular migraine that lasted most of the day.

Only time I've been hit worse was an all-nighter freshman year of college where I was drinking coffee all night and in a moment of sheer stupidity took a truck stop caffeine pill (that really contained God-only-knows-what)... ended up with the world spinning.

Anyway... the double-whammy of a full load of sugary soda AND two cups-of-coffee worth of caffeine, makes that new Jolt sound like a recipe for feeling like dog-shit

Oct 17 at 12:29:13 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

My bad

Looking over the stats on Mt Dew and Surge, I was genuinely surprised how high their caffeine content was.  (50% more than Coke and they have more sugar)

(also, similarly surprised that Diet Coke has almost 1/3 more caffeine that regular Coke, presumably to make up for the missing sugar-rush)

Oct 17 at 3:02:03 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
I can do a couple standard cups of coffee over a morning and be fine.
I was never a coffee drinker (or hot drinks in general, just don't care for them), so soda was my go-to morning jump start. But then I wanted to cut back on sugar and decided to forgo caffeine drinks in general. Had a few days of withdrawl hell (and about two weeks later another few days for some reason), but after that I've been pretty clear headed.

Today at 12:24:40 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Vodka and red bull.

Today at 9:39:51 AM
ALTQQ (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Water

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

Today at 11:05:15 AM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
Energy mio has been a discovery of mine a couple years ago. Just a few drops gives me a little boost and focus, and some of the flavors arent too bad. Beyond that, my fluids are only coffee with milk and water.

I typically dont snack while gaming. Being a Kyle, you would think I should be chugging Monster and punching drywall when the yellow devil kills me after a 5 minute battle.

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Today at 6:31:37 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I mostly drink Mexican Coca-Cola. The best price I can get it locally is $4.00 for a 4-pack. The worst price is Chipolte restaurants, I think they charge over $3 per bottle! The California Raspberry is also good. I don't really care for the Peach.

Also tonight, I learned Dollar General exclusively sells Jolt Cola....so I went to one, but couldn't find any. I did however find pineapple mountain dew!

Edited: 10/19/2019 at 06:33 PM by Trj22487