Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My thoughts on the new 150-in-1 NES multicart... The best multicart ever made, with minor issues...

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:31:41 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Jono1874

You wanna know what pisses me off the most about this thing? the fact that they wasted a perfectly good slot by adding the Adventures of Bayou Billy.
LOL no kidding. I've researched the ROM lists of the 198-in-1, the 340-in-1, and the 400-in-1. Each one had progressively shittier games on it, mostly with haphazard arrangement. I think a couple had Bubble Bobble 2 included, but also had a lot more crap games nobody wants to play like Friday the 13th or Home Alone 2, and useless stuff like Tiwanese pirates and Hong Kong originals.

Really people getting pissed off at stuff like this yet likely also have fully loaded Power Paks and Everdrives...

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 01/14/2016 at 08:33 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:59:06 AM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

Originally posted by: BreaKBeatZ

I've been friends with a local store owner for 20 years, and when Xbox first came out he sold them for $800 pre-loaded with over 3,000 games. They had games from every system up to Dreamcast (I remember playing Marvel vs. Capcom on it), with nearly full libraries of NES and SNES + plenty of Famicom. Of course this was very illegal and he actually ended up going to jail for 6 months. His store stayed open though, and he's still in business doing very well.

If you live in the U.S., be careful what you sell, but if you're in China, go nuts
I can't really say anything except the guy deserved what he got. Blatantly illegal and reselling pirated goods in plain sight = not smart. Glad he cleaned his act though.

Yeah, considering at that time new Dreamast games were still sitting on the shelves, fuck that guy.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:05:23 AM
SwiftFrost (200)
< King Solomon >
United States

Really people getting pissed off at stuff like this yet likely also have fully loaded Power Paks and Everdrives...

Double standards abound on NA. Nothing new there.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:09:17 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
I personally can't wait to get mine. It's a great way of keeping a crap-load of {for the most part} decent games ready to go in the spare NES in my office without shelling out for an everdrive or powerpak. This specific console only gets casual use anyway, so for that this is absolutely perfect. I had been looking at this one and a few others for a month or so and I'm glad I saw this thread.

Edited: 01/14/2016 at 09:10 AM by barrels

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:24:12 AM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois

Originally posted by: Jono1874

You wanna know what pisses me off the most about this thing? the fact that they wasted a perfectly good slot by adding the Adventures of Bayou Billy.
LOL no kidding. I've researched the ROM lists of the 198-in-1, the 340-in-1, and the 400-in-1. Each one had progressively shittier games on it, mostly with haphazard arrangement. I think a couple had Bubble Bobble 2 included, but also had a lot more crap games nobody wants to play like Friday the 13th or Home Alone 2, and useless stuff like Tiwanese pirates and Hong Kong originals.

I'm not going to buy this. Now I dig multi-carts, especially older multi-carts by groups that aren't still making blatant 1:1 pirate carts. 

What I dig about these multicarts, is all the unpredictable crazy unusual games that come with them. I don't balk if there's a nice game or two on there like Contra, but to me these carts aren't much fun unless they have wacky ROMs I've never heard of. I look at this list and I recognize nearly every game. And more importantly I recognize what's missing.

If I'm going to load up a cart with only awesome games, I'm going to get an Everdrive or equivalent. And mine won't be missing things like Castlevania 3, Bonk's Adventure, and Duck Tales 1 and 2.

Instagram
Wishlist

Edited: 01/14/2016 at 09:25 AM by NickTLG

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:13:52 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
I hear what you are saying cirellio. I was introduced to a number of Famicom Gems through multicarts. Nuts and Milk, Binary Land, Devil World, and numerous others. Binary Land being one of them I actively researched. It has a hacked title screen on my Power Joy multicart which read "DING DONG." Took me forever to figure out the original game. I have a modest collection of Famicom games, especially the early ones have a special charm to them.

Also there is a very nice Columbs clone called Magic Jewelery that is included on almost every old multicart comp.

That said, the 400-in-1 might interest you. Tons of crap on that one, LOL!

Edited: 01/14/2016 at 10:15 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:27:27 PM
BreaKBeatZ (59)
< Lolo Lord >
District of Columbia
Originally posted by: Daria

I've been friends with a local store owner for 20 years, and when Xbox first came out he sold them for $800 pre-loaded with over 3,000 games. They had games from every system up to Dreamcast (I remember playing Marvel vs. Capcom on it), with nearly full libraries of NES and SNES + plenty of Famicom. Of course this was very illegal and he actually ended up going to jail for 6 months. His store stayed open though, and he's still in business doing very well.

If you live in the U.S., be careful what you sell, but if you're in China, go nuts
I can't really say anything except the guy deserved what he got. Blatantly illegal and reselling pirated goods in plain sight = not smart. Glad he cleaned his act though.

Yeah, considering at that time new Dreamast games were still sitting on the shelves, fuck that guy.

How is it worse than emulating games, downloading movies, or music?  All of it is illegal and all of it infringes on intellectual property of others.  Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not defending my friend; what he did was illegal and immoral, but so are the actions of many people on this forum.  Why judge him for making money on the intellectual property of others when so many of you also steal it for your own benefit?  I personally don't think he deserved 6 months in JAIL for what he did, but it was certainly wrong.  I just find it annoying to see people so quick to cast stones from their glass houses.

​Early in my career I spent 2 years as a paralegal protecting my company's trademarks, and I'm always going to be on the side of the owner of the intellectual property.  I'm shocked that big companies like Capcom and Konami don't protect the integrity of their intellectual property that is still being used in commerce (Mega Man, Castlevania. etc.).  Sending out a few cease and desist letters is an easy task and usually takes care of things without needing to file a lawsuit.

Edited: 01/14/2016 at 11:28 PM by BreaKBeatZ

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:38:25 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
How is it worse than emulating games, downloading movies, or music?  All of it is illegal and all of it infringes on intellectual property of others.  Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not defending my friend; what he did was illegal and immoral, but so are the actions of many people on this forum.  Why judge him for making money on the intellectual property of others when so many of you also steal it for your own benefit?  I personally don't think he deserved 6 months in JAIL for what he did, but it was certainly wrong.  I just find it annoying to see people so quick to cast stones from their glass houses.

​Early in my career I spent 2 years as a paralegal protecting my company's trademarks, and I'm always going to be on the side of the owner of the intellectual property.  I'm shocked that big companies like Capcom and Konami don't protect the integrity of their intellectual property that is still being used in commerce (Mega Man, Castlevania. etc.).  Sending out a few cease and desist letters is an easy task and usually takes care of things without needing to file a lawsuit.

I agree with the "fuck him" part, but that's just because he was making a pretty good profit. It's the same thing as thoese assholes who used to sell rom CDs; don't sell stuff people stole fair and square, it's not nice.

... that made no fucking sense, did it?   I'll freely admit I'm no saint, I have 8 USB DVD\blueray drives on my desk I used to use for ripping DVDs from netflix and blockbuster when they were good. But selling it for anytrhing more than cost of media is another step over the line I've already crossed. 

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:55:52 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida

Hey, I don't know him and I fully exercise my freedom to irrationally judge total strangers on the internet. 

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:08:24 AM
Pikkon (8)
(スーパーファミコンコレクター ) < Meka Chicken >
Florida

The xbox never had a dreamcast emulator,it simply was not powerfull enough,bet it was loaded with a mame emulator.

Edited: 01/15/2016 at 12:09 AM by Pikkon

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:40:16 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Pikkon

The xbox never had a dreamcast emulator,it simply was not powerfull enough,bet it was loaded with a mame emulator.

Yeah emulating a current gen console on another current gen console (for the time) seems a bit improbable. You might could pull it off with PS4 / Xbone someday with a beefy enough PC since it runs native x86-64, but getting past the DRM would be a nightmare.

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:53:56 AM
Gorillazero (53)
(Well That's Just Prime) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
He said up to Dreamcast. Capcom vs Marvel was on Xbox.

Bounty: Neo Geo Pocket and Color Games PAL/UK. Dive Alert, Pocket Reversi, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters

May 30, 2016 at 8:38:07 PM
G-Type (1)
(Geoff ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I really appreciated the game selection on this multi cart. Its managed to compliment the gaps in my collection quite nicely. Although getting so many games at once has definitely squashed my urge to keep collecting NES for the time being. I had a similar reaction after getting the ulitmate Genesis collection.

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

May 30, 2016 at 10:05:40 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: G-Type

I really appreciated the game selection on this multi cart. Its managed to compliment the gaps in my collection quite nicely. Although getting so many games at once has definitely squashed my urge to keep collecting NES for the time being. I had a similar reaction after getting the ulitmate Genesis collection.
It's definitely a nice item for casuals. I think I would have appreciated such a multicart much more a few years back in the pre-flash cart days when there weren't options to play the games. Had I gotten this in 2003-04 back in my early days of collecting, I don't think another cart would have touched my system for weeks. I kinda wish they'd included Bonk's and Bubble Bobble 1+2 then it would have been more complete IMO. by contrast, the larger multicarts actually seemed to have more junk and less gems on them.

Aside from Turbografx/PCe, my collecting efforts nowadays seem more homebrew focused than simply adding more BITD carts to fill my shelf, now that I've got most of the affordable commons that are actually worth playing and have flash carts for the rest.

Edited: 05/30/2016 at 10:10 PM by Kosmic StarDust

May 30, 2016 at 11:22:24 PM
Teknoskan (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Originally posted by: AirVillain

Nope... just one step away from a reproduction Bonk.

Reproduction carts are bad. These make it worse. It's simple.

See, I am probably on my own limb here, but I would only buy licensed and Tengen NES games. And the only reason I would buy Tengen is nostalgia. I don't see the point in owning this or any unlicensed multicart if only because of some strange facination with them. It would be like buying those knockoff gaming consoles with preloaded knockoff games for 15 bucks at a mall kiosks.

My Collection Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/tjhfH

May 30, 2016 at 11:29:14 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
I've reported at least 150 of these to Ebay already. It's against their terms of selling.

May 30, 2016 at 11:39:28 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: bootload

I've reported at least 150 of these to Ebay already. It's against their terms of selling.
eBay sellers are a ripoff at $30-$50 bucks a piece when you can buy these multicarts from Aliexpress for $17 bucks free shipping.

You're also wasting your time reporting these resellerBay auctions. You wanna stop these carts? Go to the source. Good luck reporting anything sold on Aliexpress for copyright infringement. They don't care.

And quite frankly, the 150-in-1 cart isn't robbing collectors by pretending to be something it's not. Your time is better spent reporting single game fake repros getting flipped like they're the real deal.

May 31, 2016 at 10:34:26 AM
G-Type (1)
Virginia
the biggest difference between this multi-cart and a forged repro is that this not trying to deceive the consumer as to what it is.

Check out my comic, The Scientists. It's like a "Genius-centric 'Goonies' that can turn thriller at any moment". 

May 31, 2016 at 10:42:25 AM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
Other
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

And quite frankly, the 150-in-1 cart isn't robbing collectors by pretending to be something it's not. Your time is better spent reporting single game fake repros getting flipped like they're the real deal.

Agreed. If/when I get rid of mine, I am not afraid of it being passed off as something it's not.

That's unlike my Supervision Flintstones 2 pirate, for example, as I could see the possibility for someone transplanting its board into a case with a reproduction label.

May 31, 2016 at 11:04:49 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: G-Type

the biggest difference between this multi-cart and a forged repro is that this not trying to deceive the consumer as to what it is.
Thank you.

Originally posted by: barrelsAndRivets

Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

Agreed. If/when I get rid of mine, I am not afraid of it being passed off as something it's not.

That's unlike my Supervision Flintstones 2 pirate, for example, as I could see the possibility for someone transplanting its board into a case with a reproduction label.

Yeah, I have not bought any single game pirates,with the lone exception of "Super Mario Bros 2 [japan] Gold Medal Game" Famicom repro. And to me, that's just like buying a prototype or reproduction, because it never existed legitimately as cartridge form. Here is my review of it:

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:12:38 AM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
I have a friend who is wanting to get back into playing retro games, but had to get rid of everything he had due to illnesses, shady roommates, and moving around a lot. I might pick him up this 150-in-1 cart and an old NES to give him something to play around on til he can get back on his feet again.

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:20:50 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Bump. They now got a new 500-in-1, this time with REPEATS!!!  

Edited: 06/21/2016 at 03:24 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Jun 24, 2016 at 8:02:26 AM
ruudos (1)
(Rad Gravity) < Meka Chicken >
Netherlands

Am I allowed to thread crap on these amazing new multi carts??? I mean, they're 100% illegal, are they not?

God... flashdrives and emulators were bad enough.... I guess I just never understood why someone would want a rip off copy of anything.

I might NEVER play Samson, I've accepted it. Why people feel the need to buy these multi-carts is beyond me. Nor would I want hack versions of the games to play. I just don't understand these.

To play, save money, shelf space, etc. 

I play emulators all the time because it's more convient than setting up a system or being tethered to a tv.
Yes, exactly. Emulators. New 150-in-1 multicarts are unnecessary. Thank you.

Not my style, but emulators/flash carts are a lot better than the slippery slope that is reproduction games.

I saw the cart on alipress a few months ago, was briefly tempted by the price tag and the sexy red plastic. But then I pretty much remembered why I don't need a multi-cart. For me it's either a real game or nothing (and by nothing I mean a rom downloaded and freely enjoyed for no expense out of pocket). But I see this cart as a viable purchase for the everdrive crowd who can't afford to spend $100 or whatever. I don't think cheap multi-carts are any threat to the hobby either. Just another weird oddity for people to get giddy over.
Nope... just one step away from a reproduction Bonk.

Reproduction carts are bad. These make it worse. It's simple.

These probably make it better because people are buying this (which is obviously just a pirate multi-cart which has existed since long time) and won't be concerned to buy a repro of, for example, Mega Man 5.
Collectors stil want the original products and a multi-cart like this isn't trying to fool anyone. 

I don't really understand it why people are buying this instead of just getting an Everdrive.

Edited: 06/24/2016 at 08:05 AM by ruudos

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:31:49 AM
guitarzombie (30)
< Ridley Wrangler >
New York
Who cares?

Mutant Virus strat thread.  Help each other finally put the nail in the coffin for this game, EVERY time.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:50:39 AM
G-Type (1)
Virginia
what are Contra 6,7, & 8?