NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Kickstarter Violates Site Rules?

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:40:35 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: B.A.

The pre-order rules are in place due to the high level of risk. 

If you pre-order from Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, etc, there is a reasonable assurance that if the product doesn't get delivered that you will get a refund.  Not the case with kickstarter, or random guy on NA asking for pre-order money. 

That's very true, but surely we're not going to allow discussion/promotion of a project based on the quality of the third party mediating the transaction. That is what MRN brought up, so I'm going to keep it centered on that: discussion and promotion of projects asking for pre-sale funds.

Some people like major titles, others like Indie ones. If you enjoy the latter, you tend to also know the territory, i.e. the risks that come with backing an individual and not a corporation.

Is the spirit of the pre-sale rule to protect NA, or to protect people from themselves? That is a real question too, I'm not being facetious Brian. As Jeremy said this is a fruitful and reasonable discussion, and one that effects the quality of our forum life here, so I think that it is worth getting clear on the issue.

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Nov 9, 2016 at 11:53:19 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Is the spirit of the pre-sale rule to protect NA, or to protect people from themselves? That is a real question too, I'm not being facetious Brian. As Jeremy said this is a fruitful and reasonable discussion, and one that effects the quality of our forum life here, so I think that it is worth getting clear on the issue.
More the former than the latter.   We had two distinct headaches of presales that led us to the "no more presale" rule here.

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:26:39 AM
Fluffy (11)
(Fluffy is asleep) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: ookii_risu

Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Not sure why these all don't get stuck in the thread with the promotions/YT videos etc. Just make a sticky for them there. I don't think 'collector's corner' is the right place for them either. My 2 cents.
I agree with this as well. Too many topics end up in Collector's Corner that shouldn't be there, and we try to organize accordingly. Promotions is the perfect place for KS threads.

I agree with this. I don't wanna see KS ads on the NA homepage, the NA homepage is for stuff like secret Santa. I'd rather have all links to KS be allowed on the site, but only in promotions section of NA. That's what it's there for. Just my opinion though.

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:24:05 AM
fox (15)
(Gunslinger Fox) < King Solomon >
United States
That isn't even how kickstarter works. If the project is not funded, you are not charged.

Use your own judgement. If something looks like a scam, don't back it or better yet let others know. Common sense and awareness seem like better solutions than blanket banning.

"Whoring" ain't against the rules. If so promotions, sales, and half the threads on this site should be closed. Geez, I guess it really is hard out there for a pimp.