NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Nintendo Switch Collectors Discussion Thread

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:55:58 AM
senorchocotaco (20)
(Alex ) < Little Mac >
Ohio
I'm sure I'll hunt down the Switch exclusives as time goes on, just like with the WiiU.

Definitely keep an eye on the eShop though, Snipperclips just might be the second best Switch game out there right now.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:37:27 AM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
Originally posted by: john

Originally posted by: TheSwagPatrol

I didn't see this posted yet but for the 5 games that are out right now, the only one to have an insert in the case is Skylanders Imaginators. It's just a folded little piece of paper talking about the figures or whatever

Just Dance, Bomberman, 1-2 Switch, and BotW (regular, SE, and ME) are all just the case, boxart, and game. No inserts

Interesting to note they aren't coming with anything inside at all now. I noticed a lot of 3DS games transitioned to a single square slip of paper over the last couple years. I'm not sure what the point of the tall box and art is at this point. Everything could be cart only or in a much smaller, but nicely designed, package.
They added the space in the case above the cartridge so that if certain companies wanted to put a manual in it, they can. But Nintendo doesn't and most don't anymore. They probably also wanted to make the cases bigger than a DS/3DS case to stand out a little more in retail. Make em too small and people won't notice them.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:13:35 AM
john (21)
(John ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Originally posted by: KrakenSoup

Originally posted by: john

I didn't see this posted yet but for the 5 games that are out right now, the only one to have an insert in the case is Skylanders Imaginators. It's just a folded little piece of paper talking about the figures or whatever

Just Dance, Bomberman, 1-2 Switch, and BotW (regular, SE, and ME) are all just the case, boxart, and game. No inserts

Interesting to note they aren't coming with anything inside at all now. I noticed a lot of 3DS games transitioned to a single square slip of paper over the last couple years. I'm not sure what the point of the tall box and art is at this point. Everything could be cart only or in a much smaller, but nicely designed, package.
They added the space in the case above the cartridge so that if certain companies wanted to put a manual in it, they can. But Nintendo doesn't and most don't anymore. They probably also wanted to make the cases bigger than a DS/3DS case to stand out a little more in retail. Make em too small and people won't notice them.

Make a giant Link standee that points to the tiny carts or embed a hologram in them or something to get attention.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:08:11 PM
Prime2099 (25)

(Matt C.) < El Ripper >
Maryland
Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

WalMart just sent me an email, they cancelled my preorder of the console and Zelda SE. Should have seen it coming when it didn't ship 😢

Happened to me too. Now, I got to find a copy of the regular game.

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:57:26 PM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Prime2099

Originally posted by: PuppyWaffles

WalMart just sent me an email, they cancelled my preorder of the console and Zelda SE. Should have seen it coming when it didn't ship 😢

Happened to me too. Now, I got to find a copy of the regular game.

I called the "hotline" and got kinda rude with them (this is the 5th preorder I have been screwed on) and they magically found a copy of Zelda SE at a local Walmart and had them hold it for me.  I suggest doing the same...

-------------------------
Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Mar 8, 2017 at 2:28:26 PM
TheSwagPatrol (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Illinois
Ugh, Rime is gonna cost $10 more on the Switch, just because.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/...

And yes, the digital version is also $10 more than the other platformers, so it's not because the games is on a cartridge. This smells like the Wii U all over again *coughMassEffect3cough*

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:06:59 PM
AstralSoul13 (48)
(Mike ) < Bowser >
New York
So there's a Switch tax now? Lame.  

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:19:03 PM
JimJames (154)
(Sir Digby Chicken Caesar) < Kraid Killer >
United States

Ugh, Rime is gonna cost $10 more on the Switch, just because.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/nintendo_switch_own...

And yes, the digital version is also $10 more than the other platformers, so it's not because the games is on a cartridge. This smells like the Wii U all over again *coughMassEffect3cough*

I love the Switch and all, but I'm not buying anything for a console that I can get during a Steam sale for $10 and play on a gaming PC.

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:40:02 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
^^ or over time just wait and get it physical for 10 dollars down the road.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Mar 8, 2017 at 4:40:57 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap remake comes to the Switch on April 18th. Special announcement coming on March 22nd, please let that announcement be a retail version!

Currently looking for:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&th...

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:10:50 AM
JimJames (154)
(Sir Digby Chicken Caesar) < Kraid Killer >
United States
Here is what I have so far, along with Snipperclips if we're including digital. The second BotW is the Master Edition NFR copy. The only accessory I bought at launch was the charging joycon grip but I haven't used it yet. If I knew the joycon had 20+ hours of battery life each I wouldn't have purchased the charging grip.

Edited: 03/09/2017 at 08:12 AM by JimJames

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:50:57 AM
MunsonRoyE (0)
(William ) < Crack Trooper >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: AC Skywalker

Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap remake comes to the Switch on April 18th. Special announcement coming on March 22nd, please let that announcement be a retail version!

I totally agree! Been super excited since this game was announced and a retail version would be awesome!

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:43:55 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Just a heads up if people didn't notice, Blaster Master Zero and the Hamster Neo Geo arcade games are out on the eShop today for NA

Currently looking for:

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:45:27 AM
SuperGameJoy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
With the console being region free it might be nice to add region specific physical releases. As an example, I am Setsuna. Haven't heard of any plans for a physical release stateside, but with the Japanese version having an option for English, this title is particularly ripe for import.

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:32:15 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I saw that the VC had started up last night. Kind of cool. I got World Heroes Perfect and Shock Troopers along with Blaster Master.

Anyone else find it weird that R is the start button on the Neo Geo games?

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:35:21 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: Loxx O)))

I saw that the VC had started up last night. Kind of cool. I got World Heroes Perfect and Shock Troopers along with Blaster Master.

Anyone else find it weird that R is the start button on the Neo Geo games?

Those aren't technically VC games.  The Neo Geo games are a series called "Arcade Archives" (but it does really feel like VC).

yes I agree with you that the buttons are a little off and took a while to get used to.

Currently looking for:

Mar 10, 2017 at 11:37:04 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: SuperGameJoy

With the console being region free it might be nice to add region specific physical releases. As an example, I am Setsuna. Haven't heard of any plans for a physical release stateside, but with the Japanese version having an option for English, this title is particularly ripe for import.

Sure I can look at adding those in.  I think Setsuna is the only one released so far.  The other releases in Japan I'm pretty sure are coming to this part of the world (need to confirm the DQ Heroes).

Currently looking for:

Mar 10, 2017 at 3:20:49 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Zelda amiibos are shooting up pretty rapidly on eBay.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:32:53 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

Zelda amiibos are shooting up pretty rapidly on eBay.

Which ones?  If it's the BOTW ones they can still be found in the stores.  

Currently looking for:

Mar 10, 2017 at 4:38:16 PM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^ likely the older ones as they have some pretty cool perks in botw :-)

Mar 11, 2017 at 6:13:07 AM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
^^ Yup you are correct, the older ones are selling for a lot right now

Currently looking for:

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:09:55 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada
FYI to anyone that is collecting. The Binding of Isaac is out tomorrow. I'm excited for it personally.

Currently looking for:

Mar 17, 2017 at 9:45:28 PM
TheSwagPatrol (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Illinois
In case anyone was wondering about the contents of the game, I got Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ today and it came with the game, case, cover art which is reversible, two sticker sheets, an individual sticker of Isaac on a ripped piece of paper, and a manual. The manual is blatantly a rip-off of the original Legend of Zelda manual, which is pretty cool and funny. Also, there was a sticker on the shrinkwrap of Isaac that said "sticker inside"

Unfortunately the manual was not very well secured in the case and the bottom is now frayed a bit. Also, the clear plastic that holds the box art was a bit warped on my copy as if it got wet or something. Hope it's just an isolated incident :/

Edited: 03/17/2017 at 09:46 PM by TheSwagPatrol

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:21:19 PM
AC Skywalker (56)
(Matt ) < Kraid Killer >
Canada

In case anyone was wondering about the contents of the game, I got Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+ today and it came with the game, case, cover art which is reversible, two sticker sheets, an individual sticker of Isaac on a ripped piece of paper, and a manual. The manual is blatantly a rip-off of the original Legend of Zelda manual, which is pretty cool and funny. Also, there was a sticker on the shrinkwrap of Isaac that said "sticker inside"

Unfortunately the manual was not very well secured in the case and the bottom is now frayed a bit. Also, the clear plastic that holds the box art was a bit warped on my copy as if it got wet or something. Hope it's just an isolated incident :/

Very cool.  I didn't get a chance to go to the store for my copy today so I will get it tomorrow morning.  It will be interesting to see if future copies of the game don't have that sticker on the plastic.

Currently looking for:

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:16:40 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
The seal on my copy of binding of issac looked terrible like it was done at the flea market. I dont care because I played it, but its worth stating.