Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super Famicom Memory Cart Program info Looking for info on the Nintendo Power Kiosks

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:09:42 PM
Zwario (30)
(Carlos Monoz) < Meka Chicken >
California
So basically I am looking for answers to the White Super Famicom Carts (the Flash memory ones) released only in Japan, and could be loaded with games downloaded at Nintendo Power Kiosks,

The questions I have are:

1) can these carts be "flashed / loaded" with games with a system like the Retrode?

2) has anyone seen or own one of these Nintendo Power Kiosks??

(I see that this was also done with Gameboy Memory Flash carts as well)

Thoughts? Info?

Feb 23, 2014 at 3:05:57 AM
AJ_the_gym_leader (6)

(AJ Lewandoski) < Meka Chicken >
Michigan
To my knowledge you can't flash the carts your self, mind you I haven't tried, but I have a couple of each. Now hypothetically you probably could I'm not sure it would be worth the effort though. I wouldn't expect anyone on here to have one of the kiosks for a couple reasons: 1.) The super famicom base on here is pretty limited and 2.) That would be hella crazy shipping it to the US. Would I want one? Yes. Will I ever have one/have I ever seen one? No. But that's not to say there may be a Japanese member on here who could shed a little more light, I've always found these interesting too.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:40:25 PM
Gorillazero (53)
(Well That's Just Prime) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Zwario

So basically I am looking for answers to the White Super Famicom Carts (the Flash memory ones) released only in Japan, and could be loaded with games downloaded at Nintendo Power Kiosks, The questions I have are: 1) can these carts be "flashed / loaded" with games with a system like the Retrode? 2) has anyone seen or own one of these Nintendo Power Kiosks?? (I see that this was also done with Gameboy Memory Flash carts as well) Thoughts? Info?
1) No, they can not and most likely will not.

1a) I believe there is a way to do it for the Gamboy white flash carts

2) If you google it, I know I've seen blogs with various users who have them.

-------------------------
Bounty: Neo Geo Pocket and Color Games PAL/UK. Dive Alert, Pocket Reversi, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters