Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Do you believe in UFOs?

Oct 15 at 6:18:58 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Just want to hear what you guys think about UFOs. Yes I mean the ones the little green men fly around, not the technically unidentifiable flying objects that could be unknown military craft. I think it's plausible that they exist. There are a lot of weird videos.

Oct 15 at 6:25:25 PM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Check out the Bob Lazar appearance on Joe Rogan. Still undecided in my own mind though.

-------------------------

Oct 15 at 6:34:36 PM
BouncekDeLemos (81)
(Bouncy Blooper) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I'm the opposite, I'm all for the unknown military planes or other unidentifiable air crafts. So I guess you can call me a "skeptic" or whatever. I'm the same with ghosts and stuff.

However, since I am a creative, I do accept the creativity of the ideas. Like the need to romanticize them for things such as entertainment. As far as serious discussion... meh.

Originally posted by: dra600n

I feel bad, but, that's magic.
Sell/Trade: NA - http://goo.gl/Bi25pL... SA - http://goo.gl/qmKao... PSC - http://goo.gl/VYlKhP...
http://goo.gl/xmzKR...

Oct 15 at 6:38:14 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Are there alien spacecraft flitting about the vast universe somewhere? Possibly.

Have they visited Earth to buzz farmhouses and abduct cattle? No.

Oct 15 at 6:41:04 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
I assumed that galacticlint started this thread. I am disappointed.

Edited: 10/15/2019 at 06:42 PM by barrels

Oct 15 at 7:51:49 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Are there alien spacecraft flitting about the vast universe somewhere? Possibly.

Lol agree with you on the abducted cattle part. Curious what you think did this https://www.thecut.com/2019/10/or...

Oct 15 at 7:54:36 PM
TylerBarnes (0)
(Tyler Barnes) < Tourian Tourist >
Texas
Unidentified Objects in Flight definitely exist. No question.

Oct 15 at 8:24:48 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: HerrWunderbar

Lol agree with you on the abducted cattle part. Curious what you think did this https://www.thecut.com/2019/10/oregon-cattle-are-being-sucke...

I'm not Tulpa, but I think it's a bunch of text with not a single image for proof of the supposedly mutilated bovine. Further, I tend to take articles that start with "This summer, some spooky shit occurred" with a healthy dose of salt.

Oct 15 at 8:41:17 PM
HerrWunderbar (0)

< Crack Trooper >
Mississippi
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: HerrWunderbar

Lol agree with you on the abducted cattle part. Curious what you think did this https://www.thecut.com/2019/10/oregon-cattle-are-being-sucke...

I'm not Tulpa, but I think it's a bunch of text with not a single image for proof of the supposedly mutilated bovine. Further, I tend to take articles that start with "This summer, some spooky shit occurred" with a healthy dose of salt.

There are a couple images. This has happened many times at other ranches. It was reported by many news sources. The police are currently investigating this and the ranch has offered a $25k reward for info about what happened. https://www.foxnews.com/us/conspi... https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/76...

Oct 15 at 10:09:27 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Space Aliens are Sci-Fi not reality.

Oct 16 at 12:12:03 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Aliens totally invented faster-than-light travel, figured out where I was located, spent a trillion bajillion space bucks to get to me, flew for 5,000 years to travel to me (or maybe they time travelled, I dunno, I'm not ruling it out), then got here, buzzed my house a few times, and then went back home.  Totally without telling me they came all this way.  Rather rude if you ask me...

I hope that sweet, sweet cow intestine was worth the trip you bastards!

In other words, yes, yes they do.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 12:15 AM by Brock Landers

Oct 16 at 12:31:07 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Nope! Just swamp gas refracting off of Venus. Now if you'll look right here...  

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 12:31 AM by JamesRobot

Oct 16 at 3:17:30 AM
Pikkon (8)
(スーパーファミコンコレクター ) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Until there is actual empirical evidence I will say no.

Oct 16 at 3:45:37 AM
Yelir (28)
(Riley Gallant) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Yes of course!

Oct 16 at 4:32:08 AM
Jeevan (4)
< Crack Trooper >
Indiana
They do exist.........

Anybody want a butterscotch?

Oct 16 at 7:52:56 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Not yet. I need to see more confirmation.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Oct 16 at 8:22:23 AM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
You just gotta have faith! Like religion.  

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Oct 16 at 10:07:07 AM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
As a scientist that works in space physics and various fun and geeky research, my answer is a solid NO.
Sure, maybe somewhere in our galaxy, let alone the Universe, there are advanced civilizations capable of traveling light years. Our current technology would not allow us to travel to Alpha Centauri, our nearest neighbor, even if we had to. Furthermore, if we put our resources together to launch a probe to reach Alpha Centauri, given our technology it would take about 50,000 years or longer. How would we power it? How would we make sure it got there? No answers. Given all this, I find it hard to believe that an extraterrestrial civilization would just happen to come visit Earth. As for "weird videos" - sure, lots of them. All of them showing either natural phenomena or something made by people.

Oct 16 at 10:10:35 AM
WhyNotZoidberg (5)
(Julien ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Quebec
Are there things in the night sky that aren't immediately identified by the public? Yes.

Probabilty of carbon-based life forms living in an environment similar to ours someplace far far away? I'd say high enough.

"Green men" in flying saucers? No.

Oct 16 at 10:25:38 AM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Little green men that are interested in our little rock, No, unless they come her for entertainment value. Do I think there are aliens somewhere in the universe I would say I believe so.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Oct 16 at 10:34:23 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Our earliest radio transmissions haven't reached much of anywhere, in the sense of astronomical distances, so any other life out there doesn't even know we're here.

Oct 16 at 10:48:41 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Unidentified flying objects definitely exist. Now if you think they are alien spacecraft or not, that's an entirely different question. Check out this interview from a Navy Captain fighter pilot.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Oct 16 at 10:50:13 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: avatar!

As a scientist that works in space physics and various fun and geeky research, my answer is a solid NO.
Sure, maybe somewhere in our galaxy, let alone the Universe, there are advanced civilizations capable of traveling light years. Our current technology would not allow us to travel to Alpha Centauri, our nearest neighbor, even if we had to. Furthermore, if we put our resources together to launch a probe to reach Alpha Centauri, given our technology it would take about 50,000 years or longer. How would we power it? How would we make sure it got there? No answers. Given all this, I find it hard to believe that an extraterrestrial civilization would just happen to come visit Earth. As for "weird videos" - sure, lots of them. All of them showing either natural phenomena or something made by people.
As a scietist, how do you explain this?  I am not trying to be flippant, I am genuinely curious.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Edited: 10/16/2019 at 10:51 AM by tbone3969

Oct 16 at 11:55:38 AM
< Lolo Lord >
Florida
Originally posted by: tbone3969

As a scietist, how do you explain this?  I am not trying to be flippant, I am genuinely curious.

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CnI..." width="500">>

In science, the "easiest answer" is often the most likely. So
1)Testing of new technologies Could be American, Russian, Chinese... who knows. Missles, airplanes, drones, something along those lines. 

2)Sometimes there are "weird" things that can happen. For example, radar has been known to erroneously reported multiple bogies, where in fact there was only one, and sometimes to report one, where there are none. Furthermore these phantom UFOs can do erratic and strange movements because they simply don't exist. 

Oct 16 at 12:18:33 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana

Originally posted by: tbone3969

allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="280" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CnI..." width="500">>

In science, the "easiest answer" is often the most likely. So
1)Testing of new technologies Could be American, Russian, Chinese... who knows. Missles, airplanes, drones, something along those lines. 

2)Sometimes there are "weird" things that can happen. For example, radar has been known to erroneously reported multiple bogies, where in fact there was only one, and sometimes to report one, where there are none. Furthermore these phantom UFOs can do erratic and strange movements because they simply don't exist. 

A radar reporting double targets is called target ghosting, and can be caused by any number of internal or external issues.