Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew Tailgate Party Dev thread

May 15, 2016 at 12:35:55 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Mega Mario Man

5/15/2016
As promised, I have more exciting news regarding Tailgate Party!

Second, NA's own Ferris Bueller has asked to feature Tailgate Party as apart of the 2016 Let's play Gaming Expo!!! This will be your chance to play Tailgate Party way ahead of its release and in the fashion I envisioned this game being played, in a Tournament! That's right, Tailgate Party will be a featured Tournament at this year's Expo on June 18-19. If you plan to be at the Expo or live in the Plano, Texas area, you have a great opportunity check this out!

We are still in the early stages of planning, but I am working on a special version of the game just for this tournament that will not be on the final release of Tailgate Party! As of right now, we are planning on developing 10 number carts. The Grand Prize for the Tournament will be Cart #1!

The page needs some updating (soon to come), but check out the official Tournament Page at the Let's Play Gaming Expo website! Also, I included an exclusive sneak peak of the title screen for the Tournament version of the game!
https://www.letsplaygamingexpo.com/speakers/cornhole-champio...

Sweet update!

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

May 23, 2016 at 9:51:05 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
(Tim ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
Some updates have been posted to our Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/orabgame.... Things are coming along very nicely and we should be ready in a few days to get carts sent off to the gaming Expo! Like our page and I will do my best to post some updates every few days!

Thanks to all that have helped and all of those that have reached out wanting to be apart of this project. This community has been fantastic! I really feel that this is going to be something special and a lot of people are going to enjoy this. It may not be the flashiest game around, but it is a lot of fun and competitive!

The great thing about the Expo project is that is has helped me finish a lot of the code for the final game! So, there really hasn't been any time wasted on preparing for this as most of the code is being applied to both versions! Very excited and I really hope for a great turnout for the tournament at the Expo!

Current Project
Isometric Survival Horror

Older Projects
Tailgate Party, Power Pad Demo, Happy Hour

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

May 24, 2016 at 12:08:30 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania

Some updates have been posted to our Facebook Page, https://www.facebook.com/orabgames/. Things are coming along very nicely and we should be ready in a few days to get carts sent off to the gaming Expo! Like our page and I will do my best to post some updates every few days!

Thanks to all that have helped and all of those that have reached out wanting to be apart of this project. This community has been fantastic! I really feel that this is going to be something special and a lot of people are going to enjoy this. It may not be the flashiest game around, but it is a lot of fun and competitive!

The great thing about the Expo project is that is has helped me finish a lot of the code for the final game! So, there really hasn't been any time wasted on preparing for this as most of the code is being applied to both versions! Very excited and I really hope for a great turnout for the tournament at the Expo!

Once people get it in their hands and play, everything will click  

Can't wait to show this off at TMG!

May 28, 2016 at 12:11:25 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Updated the original post for pictures of the Tailgate Party Tournament shells and boards that arrived!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

May 28, 2016 at 1:40:05 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Super cool idea to have it as a tournament at the expo, make sure to post pics!

May 28, 2016 at 8:36:21 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Super cool idea to have it as a tournament at the expo, make sure to post pics!

Unfortunately, I can't attend, but Ferris Bueller is the one that is spearheading this. I'm sure he will take a few!! I'm excited to see pictures (or videos) myself!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

May 29, 2016 at 10:12:14 AM
fsped09 (234)
(( nes-city.com )) < King Solomon >
New York
This is so awesome! Can't wait to play this!

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:01:07 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Some updates. Got some labels made!

I tried to embed the photo from Facebook, but it didn't work. I will try to fix it tonight. The link still works, so check them out!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:15:21 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Cool!! I got a power pad in the other day just for this game!

Jun 7, 2016 at 12:21:18 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Dude, I sa this played at the NESatho 2016! Looks like so much fun! We really can't wait to play it.
Great work. Now hurry up and release the cart  

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Jun 7, 2016 at 2:45:37 PM
cdawg (3)
(Chantelle ) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
We all had fun playing it at the marathon! Loved how the title screen even said NESathon2K16, thanks for sending it man  

Jun 7, 2016 at 6:22:20 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Benihana

Dude, I sa this played at the NESatho 2016! Looks like so much fun! We really can't wait to play it.
Great work. Now hurry up and release the cart  

It was really an awesome game and way more fun then I could have expected. Glad we got to show it off!

Lucky for me I get to play this game starting now, just need get some bean bags. Water bottles are not recommended!

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:19:59 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Mog

It was really an awesome game and way more fun then I could have expected. Glad we got to show it off!

Lucky for me I get to play this game starting now, just need get some bean bags. Water bottles are not recommended!
Thanks Mog, I'm glad you all enjoyed it! It was fun to watch! As a side note, I too do not recommend using water bottles!!! Here is a seller that makes great cornbags at a low price.

Also, I can't remember who pointed it out in chat, but I think I have fixed the bug of "Andy and Ellie would make ugly babies."   LOL

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:11:38 AM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania
Hahaha. Very nice upgrade on the characters.

I'm hoping the LE will have cool ass bean bags and that I'll score one.

Jun 10, 2016 at 1:56:21 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
My first ever batch of games shipping hype! Starting to get real!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Jun 10, 2016 at 8:54:08 AM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania

My first ever batch of games shipping hype! Starting to get real!
Wooooo!!! Does this mean you get your Community Homebrewer award now???  

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:32:03 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
For those going to the Let's Play Gaming Expo this weekend, don't forget to sign up for the Tailgate Party Tournament for your chance to win a copy of the exact competition cartridges being used at the Tournament!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:14:43 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Thanks to Ferris Bueller and the Let's Play Gaming Expo for getting my game some TV exposure! I am beyond stoked!!!

http://www.wfaa.com/entertainment...

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Jun 21, 2016 at 12:19:05 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Anybody have any pictures from the Tailgate Party tournament? They'd be neat to see if so.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:07:35 AM
cdawg (3)
(Chantelle ) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Looking forward to getting a copy with some real bags of beans. Cool TV segment man. You made it!

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:15:22 AM
mattbep (107)
Pennsylvania
Very cool man!! Congrats on possibly being the first homebrew on live tv!!

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:10:41 AM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: mattbep

Very cool man!! Congrats on possibly being the first homebrew on live tv!!
Is it? That would be a very cool honor. I hope it got the attention of some folks in Texas and it helps spread the work about homebrews.

Originally posted by: csylve01

Looking forward to getting a copy with some real bags of beans. Cool TV segment man. You made it!

You're in luck, the LE will come with bean bags. Otherwise, I have posted a link in this thread to a guy on Etsy that makes excellent cornbags at a great price. He will be the one I used to make my LE bags.
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Anybody have any pictures from the Tailgate Party tournament? They'd be neat to see if so.
I too am exciting to here how this went. Turnout? Winners? Reactions? Bugs (hope not)?

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Jun 21, 2016 at 12:08:04 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
I too am exciting to here how this went. Turnout? Winners? Reactions? Bugs (hope not)?

I hate to say it, but the people in the tournament room said they didn't have anyone sign up. I'm not sure if it's because it was an unknown game, I didn't hype it up enough, or if the volunteers back there were just green. Normally, you would have had me yelling at people to come sign up, but I was busy.

Now, it's not like people didn't play it. There was always someone tossing bags at at least one setup, but I think we needed a dedicated hype man to explain. I was a little dissappointed, but what are you going to do? Again, I think the lack of tournaments happening is do more to LPGE/me not educating people on it than anything else.

However, we did get it on TV and I hope that's a cool little bonus that made it worth it. I'll probably use the setups at a smaller event where I can personally run the tournament and I think it'll go a lot better. I just didn't have time to man it myself, you know?

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jun 21, 2016 at 12:23:29 PM
Mega Mario Man (63)
Nebraska
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

I hate to say it, but the people in the tournament room said they didn't have anyone sign up. I'm not sure if it's because it was an unknown game, I didn't hype it up enough, or if the volunteers back there were just green. Normally, you would have had me yelling at people to come sign up, but I was busy.

Now, it's not like people didn't play it. There was always someone tossing bags at at least one setup, but I think we needed a dedicated hype man to explain. I was a little dissappointed, but what are you going to do? Again, I think the lack of tournaments happening is do more to LPGE/me not educating people on it than anything else.

However, we did get it on TV and I hope that's a cool little bonus that made it worth it. I'll probably use the setups at a smaller event where I can personally run the tournament and I think it'll go a lot better. I just didn't have time to man it myself, you know?

I updated the first post to reflect this comment. I at least hope that the people that got to mess around with the game enjoyed it! That's another plus I forgot to mention. If you were one of those people, please feel free to drop your thoughts on the game!

Thanks to everyone that helped on the project and thanks to the Let's Play Gaming Expo for the opportunity!

Current Project

Older Projects

Links
Store, Facebook, Twitter

Jun 21, 2016 at 1:23:49 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

On a lighter note, you can catch Tailgate Party at TooManyGames this weekend thanks to Neodolphino. He just recieved the cart in the mail and will be setting up a demo at his booth to help promote the game. The demo is nearly a full version of the game with only some characters stripped out and the single player mode only featuring the first level (mostly because the rest isn't ready, yet.). So stop by and check it out!

I think having someone who is familiar with the game running it will make all the difference. I had to hand it off because I was running the show and I think this is going to make all the difference in the world. Good luck, Neodolhino!