Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

c64 questions does anone own a c64, if so can u answer my questions

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:05:35 PM
classicgamer88 (63)
(David Ben-omry) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida

got a c64 boxed yesterday, no manual, no carts. 

1st do i need a monitor or can i use a regular t.v?

2nd do i need an rf and if so, any rf? or can i use an av cable and if so which av? 

does anyone have an rf or av for a c64 they would sell trade?

the box came with the c64 and an ac adaptor

3rd how exactly do u hook it up?

and does any one has any games 4 the c64?

thanks

-------------------------

check out my eBay account I have lots of games http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...

Jan 20, 2009 at 12:14:25 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
You can use an rf, but it has to be a manual rf, not an automatic switcher like the NES has. Manual switchers have a slider on them that say "game" on one end and "TV" on the other, so if you've got an old Atari rf switch lying around, use that. If not, go to Radio Shack and get an rf to coax adaptor for like $3 and use it to plug your RCA cable straight into the back of your TV.

As for hookup, it's self-explanatory, as everything on the c64 is labelled (power plugs into the side).

-------------------------

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...