Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Heritage Signature Auctions (ROUND 1!) Are LIVE!!!! Items for sale from myself and many others!

Feb 24 at 11:45:55 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Yes. I'm not going to bother clarifying all my misconceptions, but I'll just say this shows what I know about xbox lol

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Feb 24 at 12:16:20 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: Buyatari

Originally posted by: Bronty

hahah that's a really good point.   Might be true.

Perhaps not.
This looks like the Microsoft store version sold to employees and associates not the system pack in. 

Right. The percentage of NFR sealed is much higher than the regular black label, but there were many, many more of the regulars created. So higher percentage, but lower volume. They are both extremely rare, though. It's like finding a Sonic 1 "Made in Japan" sealed. They either came with the system or were all opened before getting remakes. Plus the original Sonics used that awful plastic and pulled it tight as hell, which doesn't often stand the test of time.

Edited: 02/24/2019 at 12:18 PM by ExplodedHamster

Feb 24 at 1:09:51 PM
LifeGame (63)
(M D) < El Ripper >
Quebec
How come i dont see Video Games in their department list on the site ??

NES games to finish my licensed set -S.E. :  DOWN TO 2

LITTLE SAMSON, DINO PEAK

NES licensed : 674/677

Feb 24 at 1:21:39 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Because at this point in time it's all lumped under comics. Not enough volume to have standalone games auctions yet

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Feb 25 at 12:05:26 PM
Buyatari (14)
(Adam Harvey) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Originally posted by: Buyatari

hahah that's a really good point.   Might be true.

Perhaps not.
This looks like the Microsoft store version sold to employees and associates not the system pack in. 

Right. The percentage of NFR sealed is much higher than the regular black label, but there were many, many more of the regulars created. So higher percentage, but lower volume. They are both extremely rare, though. It's like finding a Sonic 1 "Made in Japan" sealed. They either came with the system or were all opened before getting remakes. Plus the original Sonics used that awful plastic and pulled it tight as hell, which doesn't often stand the test of time.

Compare the placement of the NFR markings on this one compared to other NFR copies.
It isn't the more common one which was a pack in.

The pack in version should not be worth 9k because many collectors kept that system sealed. You can buy the system sealed with game for less than 9k.

Feb 25 at 1:27:57 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
what's a sealed console with 'regular' pack in worth Adam?

Feb 25 at 3:24:55 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
The sealed Halo is almost more remarkable to me than SMB. SMB is currently one of a kind (with a long history that suggests if any more even exist they are well buried), probably the single most important game ever, older, cardboard, Nintendo, and even nice CIB sticker seals are worth a bundle on their own. It has waaaay more going for it than "just" that it's sealed. MAYBE if it was one of a kind I'd understand $9k to the right Halo fanatic? Again, I'm not missing something that denotes this is a special Microsoft Store Employee only NFR, right?

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 02/25/2019 at 03:28 PM by DefaultGen

Feb 25 at 4:12:01 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

The sealed Halo is almost more remarkable to me than SMB. SMB is currently one of a kind (with a long history that suggests if any more even exist they are well buried), probably the single most important game ever, older, cardboard, Nintendo, and even nice CIB sticker seals are worth a bundle on their own. It has waaaay more going for it than "just" that it's sealed. MAYBE if it was one of a kind I'd understand $9k to the right Halo fanatic? Again, I'm not missing something that denotes this is a special Microsoft Store Employee only NFR, right?

I know crap about Xbox. But what I do understand is video game history.

Halo is one of the most significant games of all time, it marked Microsoft's entry into the home console market, it was the best new gaming IP of the new millenium (remember, technically the millenium starts at 2001 not 2000), and besides GTA III I think it was the best selling game of 2001.

That being said, if this is a variant that could be had easily then I don't see why it would sell for that much even if it's a 10.0.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Feb 25 at 4:20:09 PM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

I know crap about Xbox. But what I do understand is video game history.

Halo is one of the most significant games of all time, it marked Microsoft's entry into the home console market, it was the best new gaming IP of the new millenium (remember, technically the millenium starts at 2001 not 2000), and besides GTA III I think it was the best selling game of 2001.

That being said, if this is a variant that could be had easily then I don't see why it would sell for that much even if it's a 10.0.

I know we're entering the brave new world of super high end sealed collecting at pubic auction, but arghh the pile of near mint sealed Mario and Zelda games you could have for $9000 instead of that DVD insert  

When it comes to pinball, my rule is that if it costs more than a Twilight Zone, it can't possibly be worth that much no matter how rare it is because it's just the most mechanically packed, highest rated game, from the most collectible era, with the coolest theme, from one of the best known designers. So it's Halo, and a super special version of Halo, but my brain can't process that price against the sealed pile of classic Nintendo tapes in the $1-2k range. I just like shooting the shit about this though.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Edited: 02/25/2019 at 04:21 PM by DefaultGen

Feb 25 at 5:41:22 PM
snk2d4ever (70)
(Chris M) < Crack Trooper >
Indiana
Under the Halo auction on HA's website it has 'Make Offer to Owner.' Doesn't this mean the buyer did not pay yet?

Feb 25 at 5:52:50 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: snk2d4ever

Under the Halo auction on HA's website it has 'Make Offer to Owner.' Doesn't this mean the buyer did not pay yet?
No you can send offers that way. Pretty sure it will list the offer received also 

Feb 25 at 7:05:13 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Right, say you would have paid 20 but you missed the auction. It lets you make an offer to the auction winner

Feb 25 at 10:52:27 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States

It takes 6 weeks for a sale to go through, it seems, which is a pain in the ass, honestly. I guess they probably have a lot of paperwork to go through, given all the activity and different consignment rates, etc.

Feb 26 at 9:57:41 AM
steveborock (0)
< Cherub >
Texas

It takes 6 weeks for a sale to go through, it seems, which is a pain in the ass, honestly. I guess they probably have a lot of paperwork to go through, given all the activity and different consignment rates, etc.

Some people take up to 4 weeks to pay for their wins and, yes, Heritage has tons of transactions that must go through billing/accounting. I have been dealing with them for almost 20 years and never a problem. Checks come like clockwork.

You can borrow from the Devil
You can borrow from a friend
But the Devil give you twenty
When your friend got only ten.....

Feb 26 at 10:30:18 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
I kind of appreciate that they go through the process of crossing their t's and dotting every i.

Instant gratification is so boring for big purchases. It makes opening that package so much nicer knowing you put more effort than clicking "BIN".

For lesser items it's cumbersome, and sometimes that drive-thru window is nice. But for big ticket items you kinda want that touch of business and professionalism.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Feb 26 at 10:39:19 AM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
Originally posted by: steveborock

Some people take up to 4 weeks to pay for their wins and, yes, Heritage has tons of transactions that must go through billing/accounting. I have been dealing with them for almost 20 years and never a problem. Checks come like clockwork.

Yeah, it all makes sense, and I know they are extremely reliable, as opposed to a few others where the process doesn't end until someone leaves feedback and it can get ugly. It's just a difficult transition from "boom, here's your money" via Paypal to "slow and steady wins the race." Especially if you wanna take that money and buy more games lol!

Overall, I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience thus far with Heritage and its staff.

Edited: 02/26/2019 at 10:40 AM by ExplodedHamster

Feb 28 at 3:25:25 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

Here is a video of an employee with the Bil Gates employee launch system with games.This wasn’t the only way to get this version of Halo. You could purchase it from a Mic osoft semployee store if you were an employee. So it isn’t super rare loose but hard to find sealed.

Feb 28 at 8:09:28 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio
IOriginally posted by: DefaultGen

That eBay auction is from Canada. Hmm. 
Not an expert on those but they did have a few systems bundles not available in the US. Possible that there is a Canadian NFR Halo which matches the Microsoft store NFR. 
It would help explain why that version is as common as it is. 

Feb 28 at 8:28:53 PM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

A little bit less. 

s://www.ebay.com/itm/Halo-Combat-Evolved-Not-For-Resale-Micr...

Mar 01 at 12:42:00 AM
Buyatari (14)
Ohio

Misread this. You want to know about the value of the Xbox system with Halo game inside. 
This one ended low at $450.
Id say these days you should expect to pay $500-1000 if you wanted one. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Xbox-Green-Halo-Edition-Co...

Mar 01 at 7:12:05 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I made a PDF file with all 191 sold listings (It is sorted Highest price to low in the PDF). If you would like it please message me your email and I will send it.

Edited: 03/01/2019 at 07:31 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Mar 28 at 6:21:58 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Surprised Heritage is listing non-certified, even untested gaming material: https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-g...

Exception, or sign of what's to come?

Mar 28 at 6:40:56 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Speedy_NES

Surprised Heritage is listing non-certified, even untested gaming material: https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/atari-group-of-games-p...

Exception, or sign of what's to come?

Yeah that's... weird...?

Mar 28 at 7:48:18 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
United States
That's strange. Looks like a good price, though!

Mar 29 at 1:19:56 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
yeah odd for sure listing flea market fodder, but can't hurt to try! definitely not a sign of whats to come.

eBay listings here