Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I dont like sub topics Like the ebay rant or loser weepers topics and so on.

Jun 6, 2017 at 11:58:34 PM
Nes Freak (31)
(Dave ) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
I actually do like them but its how there set up what makes them not worth posting to or reading imo.

So just a thought, but could sub folders be made for these type of topics?  Instead of having a single thread for everyones rants?  So new topics can be made inside of that folder inside the main folder like everything else?

Speaking of everything else why is there a topic dedicated to ebay and craigslist rants?  were you guys just s*** stormed with craigslist and ebay rants or something? i for one like reading ebay and loser weeper rants and writing them if i experience them but to me its a waste of time when its all complaining and little to no opinions or responses if you know what i mean lol.

Anyways...  sorry if i sound like im drinking liquid a$$.  I just think this could be set up better is all.

Edited: 06/06/2017 at 11:59 PM by Nes Freak

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:03:00 AM
Loxx O))) (19)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Fat Man Kraid) < Bowser >
Washington
I always just thought it was a way to get angry rants out without it flooding the board. What kind of responses are you looking For? Genuinely curious. I assumed that thread was about getting stuff off your chest and being angry. Is there something else to be had?

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:12:51 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
It would be a ton of extra work, all for more or less the same thread. What would the point of having multiple people make seperate threads about the same ebay shenannigans? Novel Idea but unlikely to be implemented.

Edited: 06/07/2017 at 12:13 AM by MrWunderful

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:46:58 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Nes Freak

Instead of having a single thread for everyones rants?  So new topics can be made inside of that folder inside the main folder like everything else?

I actually agree this is an issue. Ebay is a huge part of most collectors lives. When someone posts a complaint about ebay, he/she is complaining as a seller or buyer. Buyer complaints bring out sellers explaining their side or the importance of the rule, or vice versa. Those are conversations I'd like to see play out. Instead, mods lock them and send them to a thread no one reads and/or responds too. Im not saying OPs way is the answer. Frankly, Id just let those threads go on. There is rarely more than one on a given day and its only one thread to skip over if you arent interested. Solution aside, I do agree its an issue.

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:51:04 AM
firebrand (45)
(Alex ) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
you don't like my idea for losers weepers?  

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:05:34 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
This doesn't seem to be as much as issue at this time, but it's there for the times when it is. At the moment it seems like they don't pop up too often, so we let them go. I can only remember locking one and sending them to the rant thread.

It's just good to have an option when we have ten posts in a day about how eBay sucks, a poorly packed game was damaged, VGA is a fraud, games are meant to be played, negative feedback left for no reason, Amazon purchase not as described, etc etc etc. And also an option when someone just wants to post a little complaint and not looking for discussion.

I'm not sure a whole sub forum is needed, but I appreciate your concern and will personally try to keep this in mind going forward.

Also, moved to suggestions and feedback. 

Edited: 06/07/2017 at 01:06 AM by mattbep

Jun 7, 2017 at 1:37:47 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
At one time, it was a larger issue (along with video threads)

Can't hurt to ask the bossman about what you described to see how feasible it is though.

Jun 7, 2017 at 2:57:01 AM
Nes Freak (31)
California
Originally posted by: firebrand

you don't like my idea for losers weepers?  

No i like it its how its being done on a single topic. my idea is to have a sub folder in side finders keepers dedicated to loser weeper topics.

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:03:12 AM
Nes Freak (31)
California
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

At one time, it was a larger issue (along with video threads)

Can't hurt to ask the bossman about what you described to see how feasible it is though.
ah i see. well ill leave that up to you guys to talk to the bossman im sure the sugjestion would be better recived though the mods/admins over a single user