Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Swords and Runes Limited Edition Auction! 11 Copies Available to the Highest Bidders!

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:52:40 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
Originally posted by: Mofasa

700$

-------------------------
WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:54:58 PM
Rapidz (2)
(Luke ) < Little Mac >
Alberta
These are pretty sweet

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:01:34 PM
OriginGamer92 (2)
< Eggplant Wizard >
These are cool, I might think about bidding.

I want what U got!!!

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:22:34 PM
stinkerhubbin (87)
(King Jeremy the Wicked) < Kraid Killer >
Washington
$125 bump

My favorite Digimon in the whole pokedex is Goku.

My FS/FO/FT Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

My WTB Thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:38:15 PM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:52:37 PM
eightbithero (25)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(The Hero ) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I'm typically not into homebrews, but this hands down the nicest once I've ever seen presentation wise.

I might be throwing out a bid. Good luck with your auctions!

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:57:17 PM
Sinnbox (10)
(Joel sinn) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
I'll bid $102.50

Collection Totals:

NES: 500+
SNES: 300+
N64:124
Dreamcast: 45 - Looking for more

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:20:54 PM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
$55.55

My no way in hell am I going to win bid.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Jun 20, 2015 at 4:56:57 PM
Viper0hr (81)
(Ryan R) < Ridley Wrangler >
Florida

Jun 20, 2015 at 5:03:17 PM
The Hero (426)
(Issa ) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Please read the full description below! Each member is only allowed ONE bid!

If you have questions, please ask them before bidding. There is likely still time.

“Peoples' bids who did not have a NintendoAge account prior to today will be automatically disqualified. This is to prevent anyone from creating a second account if they get outbid. Sorry for any inconvenience!” ~KHan Games

Sole Goose Productions is happy to present the first publicly available release of our very first game, titled Swords and Runes. It is, to the best of my knowledge, the first homebrew RPG for the NES! It was programmed by nemesys (NA user: user), and it is a blast to play. Warriors, swords, wizards, an epic plot, and plenty of locations to explore await the brave adventurer. In case you might have missed it, more information about the programming side of the game can be found here, including a demo: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&th... .

Up for auction are eleven copies of the very limited LE release of the game. There are only thirty two copies of the LE edition total (including a proto and an experiment, err second proto), and there will not be any more. This is your one chance to score one if you’re interested, as all other copies will be given to those who assisted with the game in one way or another. If you would like to read more about the production side of the game, and about what we’re up to in general over at Sole Goose Productions, please go to: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&th... . Lot’s of neat things are on the verge of happening!

The LE release includes the following:

-Numbered copy of the game (number displayed on the title screen)
-5-screw edition of Swords and Runes (likely the only edition of an SGP game that will use donor materials)
-LE exclusive label, depicting one of the four characters (which will match the box)
-Wooden book box depicting one of the four protagonists, with cloth inlay and SGP ex libris bookplate, individually numbered on the inside cover
-Dyed Cloth map, illustrated by M-Tee
-Manual, exclusive to this edition (since it is larger and I have more room to ramble on about things)
-4x the secret physical rewards (must be earned, money can’t buy everything , see below)

As there are four protagonists in the game, there are four different variations of the box and label. Your bid enters you in for a chance to win one of these, and choice of character will go in descending order from the highest bidder. What that means, then, is that if there is a specific character that you would like to obtain, you need to be one of the top three bidders to guarantee your choice, as there are three of each character available for auction. The same principle goes for choice of number. After the auction ends, and numbers are chosen (#’s 18-29), I will lightly stamp the inside cover of each copy with a punch reflecting your choice.

As has been done in the past, the auction will run for a set amount of time. The end date and time are in the possession of a mod, and will not be extended, though I reserve the right to end the auction at any time, for any reason. I do not plan on doing so, though. Each user is eligible to bid ONCE, and only once. As Mr. Kevin Hanley once put it:

“So as you can see, you need to place a bid that you think is high enough to win. And you can't wait until the last second to see what everyone else has bid, because I could end the auction at any moment before you even place a bid.”

For those unfamiliar with this format, if you are curious about how past auctions like this have panned out, check out these links:

Study Hall: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&th...
Larry: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&am...
ET: http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=34&th...

Bid wisely, as you only get one shot and you never know when it’ll end. As you can see from some of those examples, I’ve never quite been lucky enough to land a game through one of these types of auctions, so be smarter than me . It shouldn’t be too hard.

No editing of bids. Bids will be re-instated, or reported to the HoS, whichever is more reasonable.

After the completion of the auction, winners have one week in which to pay (via PayPal, unless other arrangements are made), otherwise non-payment will be reported to the HoS. I will then have one week to send out your copy of the game.

As far as shipping goes, I’ll once again borrow from KHan, he is rather eloquent when he wants to be :

The cost of shipping is NOT included in your bid. You must add $20 to your bid when you are sending payment, to pay for shipping. I want this package to arrive to you THE SAME WAY IT LEAVES MY HOUSE. I've put too much time, effort, energy, and money into this to ship this half-assed and it wind up arriving to you damaged. Please understand this. If you live in Canada, please add an additional $10 to your bid on top of the $20 shipping charge. It costs more to ship it to you.

If you live overseas, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I have no problem shipping to you...” but shipping will be at cost.

Regarding the secret physical rewards mentioned above, each copy is eligible for four of them. What are they? Not telling. How do I get them? We hid a secret in the game . Be warned, it is rather hard to find. Ok, it is very hard to find. Only one of the beta testers discovered it, and several of them really ran the game through its paces. Rewards will begin shipping starting in October or November at the latest, but you are free to submit for them whenever you find the secret. Shipping is included in the cost of the item. Rewards are limited to one set per copy of the game, and if the item is sold and the rewards unclaimed, the eligibility for them will transfer to the new owner, so long as the transaction is publicly logged. It is up to both the seller and buyer in this situation to make sure that the transfer is logged. I am not going to settle disputes, so once rewards are claimed, they are claimed; particularly since I have only ordered just enough (and I won’t be ordering more). I can think of a bunch of worst case scenarios (shady seller, dishonest buyer, all sorts of other stuff that we would hope would never happen, etc.), so I guess that statement is going to have to cover my bases. To aid in transfers, there will be a public SGP reward thread, where all such transfers can be logged. Whatever the surprise is, and I’m not saying so don’t ask, it will be consistent across all limited SGP releases, so that thread will contain the necessary info for all SGP game rewards. It will also help a buyer to determine if rewards have been claimed for a copy, and/or if the buyer is including them. In contrast to the LE, the NA edition of Swords and Runes (due out in the next month or so), will only be eligible for one reward option. Feel free to privately speculate what all of this could entail. Further details can be found in the S&R production thread.

Happy bidding, and remember: you only get ONE bid, and the end date and time of the auction are UNKNOWN (to all except my wife and a mod).

~SGP

Quick FAQ:

There are four boxes in the picture, but the title says that there are eleven copies, what's up with that?

There are eleven (11) copies up for auction, three of each character. Only four are shown, since there are only four variations.

Wait a second, four characters at three a piece makes twelve (12)?

Yep. I wanted to make the odds fair for each, so there are twelve choices. However, there are only eleven bidding slots, which means that one choice will be left over. This will revert to the dev team and gift copy pool.

Are there an equal number of each character?

Thirty two copies divided by four means that there should be eight of each. This includes the prototype, though, which is Khan (the red one), so there is automatically one less production copy of Khan. I also played around with one of the boxes, resulting in a second prototype box (the purpose of proto boxes after all), so that has shorted the availability for one other character by one. There are still three of each available for auction however.

The one in the picture has an "I" on its spine, but you said that the numbering (18-29) will be on the inside, correct?

Yes, both are true. The Roman numeral on the spine is for "volume one," which yes, means that we are working on a volume two to the saga. I wanted them to look aestheically pleasing and consistent on your shelf .

This won't be my only chance to play S&R will it!?

Of course not . There will be two more editions, the numbered NA edition (due out in a month or so) and the regular release (some time in the future). The LE is just a chance to be a bit more creative than the other releases allow.

Wait, I have another question!

Ask away!

High Bidders:
1. $700 - Mofasa
2. $251 - Koanex
3. $250 - K3VBOT
4. $200 - DuarteDF
4. $101.96 - barrelsAndRivets
5. $100 - Crazy Climber
6. $59.99 - Philosoraptor

----------------Below the threshold------------------

Didn't you win Commie Killer Bud! Lol!

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:44:45 PM
aupton (11)
(aupton aupton) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
As awesome as this is, I'll have to wait for the Retrousb / regular edition.

Jun 20, 2015 at 8:20:00 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Hero, please dont quote huge posts like that.

Jun 20, 2015 at 8:22:34 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: aupton

As awesome as this is, I'll have to wait for the Retrousb / regular edition.

Hey, just to clear things up before any confusion sets in, Sole Goose Productions is in no way affiliated with RetroUSB. It is nice to be mentioned in the same breathe though . After this LE, all of our games will be running on custom homebrew boards designed by Membler Industries, and our soon to arrive shells have been sourced independently in partnership with some other fellows (brand new mold, and they turned out great!).

Also, thanks for your tutorial on how to custom print labels! It was very useful.

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 06/20/2015 at 08:29 PM by SoleGooseProductions

Jun 20, 2015 at 8:29:12 PM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jun 20, 2015 at 8:41:19 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
This looks awesome!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:32:06 PM
Dsbaum454 (1)

(David Baum) < Cherub >
Ohio
I bid $252.

Jun 20, 2015 at 9:57:05 PM
SpinalTap (20)
(Johnny Wadd) < Crack Trooper >
New Mexico
I'll go $142 and gambool.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:15:31 PM
Nitrosport (21)
< Little Mac >
Florida

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:19:21 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
$135

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:58:41 PM
jvoss (10)
< Crack Trooper >
California
WAY WAY COOL

I'LL GO 170.00

Even Dough Boy gets lucky.

1100 gb/c out of 5099 documented games.  15% done.

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:09:06 PM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:52:12 PM
Suikoden (33)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ontario
Can you please make snes games

http://gametz.com/user/Suikoden.h...

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:55:38 PM
pseudonym (39)
(Jack N.) < Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Very cool. I haven't done a forum auction like this since Dain's NANWC auction way back when. I'll bid $140.50.

Jun 21, 2015 at 1:35:54 AM
Colorado Rockie (33)

(ANDREW ) < Meka Chicken >
California
$301

Jun 21, 2015 at 9:58:55 AM
Kage Copitz (59)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
$265

Need: Looking for K.Y.F.F., Dragon Scroll, Glider LE, Lady Frogger, Exerion 1+2, Powerpak Lite. PM if you wanna make a deal!