Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My name is welcome, please...wait...thats not right... free coop castlevania for anyone to celebrate!

Mar 04 at 12:44:46 AM
spirit mouse (0)
(nick h.) < Cherub >
Ohio
..anyone want a free 2 co-op player Castlevania game? If not, you can still wait to play the new ios CV..... My name is Nick H. and I spent the past 3 or 4 years learning to code in my spare time, and the past year and a half making a full 2 player co-op castlevania game for pc while still learning and refining my abilities using gamemaker. It's a full game,but i'd like people to play it, and even give me feedback if they want to(not required!).There could be more bugs than i've seen(my good friend tested it, and i played it like everyday!) and i would like to fix them , but mainly i just wanna give it out and have people enjoy it. I truly made it so my brother and i could play some old skool castlevania simultaneously.It's not super advanced, but i'd say it's solid. I wanted to keep it grounded in the ol' castlevania style but change some things since i wasn't limited to an NES rom. Anyway, that's me,atleast lately, and i hope i havn't already broken any rules. I almost forgot! I'm also one half of a duo called OCDReproductions. In my daily life no one knows or cares what that is, but you guys might.

ps
heres the game link if it's ok to put it here
 http://www.mediafire.com/file/0kg...
pss
heres a link to a short video of the game. a link to the game is in the description.The video is not monotized and the game is free.

pp's don't trust the government,ever

Edited: 07/25/2019 at 11:40 PM by spirit mouse

Mar 04 at 1:28:59 AM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri
Alright, I am sold. How do I play?

Mar 04 at 1:33:06 AM
spirit mouse (0)
(nick h.) < Cherub >
Ohio
AWESOME! You just made me so happy.go to video,look in description,click the megaload link, it's 109 megabytes, comes with JoytoKey Program to add controller support,install the game  in seconds,read short readme,tada..
use any controller you have available,but it's meant to be played with an original NES crontroller

Edited: 03/04/2019 at 01:33 AM by spirit mouse

Mar 04 at 7:12:29 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Oh hell yeah I am game, going to try it out later today!

Welcome to NA

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Mar 04 at 7:36:30 AM
MSC (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Quebec
This seems promising
Whalecum aboard

LF>Canadians Nes games seller's

Mar 04 at 8:06:27 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado

That looks pretty rad! I'll give it a go!

Mar 04 at 8:51:00 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: spirit mouse

..anyone want a free 2 co-op player Castlevania game? If not, you can still wait to play the new ios CV..... My name is Nick H. and I spent the past 3 or 4 years learning to code in my spare time, and the past year and a half making a full 2 player co-op castlevania game for pc while still learning and refining my abilities using gamemaker. It's a full game,but i'd like people to play it, and even give me feedback if they want to(not required!).There could be more bugs than i've seen(my good friend tested it, and i played it like everyday!) and i would like to fix them , but mainly i just wanna give it out and have people enjoy it. I truly made it so my brother and i could play some old skool castlevania simultaneously.It's not super advanced, but i'd say it's solid. I wanted to keep it grounded in the ol' castlevania style but change some things since i wasn't limited to an NES rom. Anyway, that's me,atleast lately, and i hope i havn't already broken any rules. I almost forgot! I'm also one half of a duo called OCDReproductions. In my daily life no one knows or cares what that is, but you guys might.

ps
heres the game link if it's ok to put it here https://megaupload.nz/g4Jb5ev9b4/Castlevania_kyuketsuki_no_k...
pss
heres a link to a short video of the game. a link to the game is in the description.The video is not monotized and the game is free.

pp's don't trust the government,ever
Watching the video I was expecting 2 players playing at the same time? What am I missing about the co-op part?

Mar 04 at 9:03:10 AM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Welcome to the site duder!  

KDDK Player  

Mar 04 at 9:15:36 AM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Damn...I cannot get joy2key to work for meh... played a bit on the keyboard after punching everything to figured out what was where, like select start AB etc. and of course I died after a bit but seems pretty sweet I love the blood flow and how it stains the player for a bit. I have gotsa get this thing figured out.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Mar 04 at 9:22:41 AM
winterion (16)
(Daniel Greenberg) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
Welcome to NA, have fun, and best of luck with all your development work.

Daniel Greenberg, Founder of Winterion Game Studios Daniel Greenberg, George Mason University Game Design
Founder of Winterion Game Studios
Visit us online! winterion.com
Watch us on YouTube

Mar 04 at 10:36:33 AM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
Hello!

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Mar 04 at 10:45:13 AM
spirit mouse (0)
(nick h.) < Cherub >
Ohio
you are grosse MSC! and i appreciate it..thank you all for welcoming me and yes pleeeease fell free to download the game.
for the joyto key-unzip it. open it and leave it open,also put your controller into different usb or use the option in joytokey to see if your controller is even being detected.

using trevor with the keyboard can be done, but probly not 2 player(although i'd love to see that) and simon's keys would be tough to play with. I can learn to add joystick or controller support,i just didn't.I appologize.

lastly,i had to make the video by myself and it was difficult to make a good 2 player video

Edited: 03/04/2019 at 10:53 AM by spirit mouse

Mar 04 at 11:00:25 AM
TheFinder (47)
< King Solomon >
Illinois
Welcome to NA!

To the Finder...
The Isle of Koholint is but an illusion...
Human, monster, sea, sky...
A scene on the lid of a sleeper's eye...
Awake the dreamer, and Koholint will vanish much like a bubble on a needle...
Cast-away, you should know the Truth!

My FS/WTB threads: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 16 at 1:49:31 AM
spirit mouse (0)
(nick h.) < Cherub >
Ohio
i posted a proper download in the brewery forum.if this is considered a double post violation let me know and i'm sorry
other than that. gtmfl!(that's a thing i made up playin' diablo 2.get the mutha f***in' leg!)hope you laugh.
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Mar 18 at 8:35:35 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Welcome.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here