Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Emulators An Idea and some questions, lets hear your input.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:24:05 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California

Hey all, I know im new and I may not have exausted my resources to death... yet... but I was wondering if NA has anything like an emulator list? 

EDIT: Deleted links.

Oh well.......................................................................................................................................

Make your own copies i guess lol.

-------------------------

FS/Trade List  |  My LA Treasure Hunt thread  |  Mario WTB list  |  Black Box WTB list

Edited: 03/25/2009 at 12:39 PM by ZoOmer

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:30:16 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
There is a program out there called "GoodNES" that validates NES roms. I'm sure there is something similar for the other systems.

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:33:29 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
For any and everything related to emulation hit up www.zophar.net...

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:37:39 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
Ok cool, Ill check out those spots. I think Im going to begin by hosting what I have found and then Welcome people to contribute what they have found and validated.

FS/Trade List  |  My LA Treasure Hunt thread  |  Mario WTB list  |  Black Box WTB list

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:07:04 PM
Shags (65)
(--- Ben ---) < El Ripper >
Alaska
Originally posted by: ZoOmer

Hey all, I know im new and I may not have exausted my resources to death... yet... but I was wondering if NA has anything like an emulator list? 

I am in the process of collecting Every game for nearly every system. I know that everyting is already out there somewhere online but most of those resources for emuladed systems and games are a bit flakey and half the emulated games are glitchey or dont work on certian emulators SO... Im testing EVERYTHING I get, (i.e. what games work with what versions of emulators and on what platforms etc...) and I am planning on hosting it all, in a nice organized manner, for you people of course

I think this would be a great community effort seeing as many of you already own ALL the carts its perfectly legal.

If any of you guys/gals have any advice or imput that would be great. 

Looking forward to it.

not necessarily true, you can have dumps of your games but you have to have been the one to dump it   atleast thats my understanding of how it works

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:34:21 PM
DestructoDisk (117)
(Timothy Patrick Vreeland) < King Solomon >
Nevada
Those laws make no sense to me, as it is legal to hire people or stores to back up your media in every catagory, from movies to music. Why is it illegal to get a free backup?

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:47:37 PM
i2a2n2 (39)
(Ian B.) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario

I beleieve their is a list out their somewhere called SNES roms.txt and it
contains a whealth of information about the available snes roms this list isn't recent because I know their are some games that have been released in the last year(s) that arn't on their but it has over 3k roms on it

(This is just a list of the names of the roms it contains no roms at all I only attach this file like this because if I was to copy and paste the text dain would be PISSED because the page would stretch from LA to NY)

actually I can't recall where this list came from but here it is

My NWC High Score 661 950  Jan 19th 2010

---------Wanted: SNES PROTOTYPES !!! PM Me-----------

Mar 24, 2009 at 11:49:06 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California

The way I have come to understand it is that it is illegal to own the backup copy if you dont own the game, there is also no way for someone to prove that you did not make it yourself, not only that they can not expect everyone to know how to do this hence the legality of service providers for these types of services.

------

Currently I have about 10,000 roms and most of them are retarded i.e. moded versions of the games, wich can be fun, but what im interested in compiling is a nice clean collection of lagit releases for the various systems.

Edited: 03/24/2009 at 11:52 PM by ZoOmer

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:01:50 AM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
Check out the linkys

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:04:32 AM
Shags (65)
(--- Ben ---) < El Ripper >
Alaska
not sure if you are allowed to link to those, we will find out shortly

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:57:19 AM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
Yeah... I wasnt sure, If someone who knows would kindly let me know that would be great.

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:50:43 AM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: dragonlunch

Those laws make no sense to me, as it is legal to hire people or stores to back up your media in every catagory, from movies to music. Why is it illegal to get a free backup?

Because all the laws were written before everything was digital.  In an analog world the backup of my cassette tape isn't the same as the backup of yours.  When its a digital CD then the backups are the same and nobody can tell, unless they have evidence of you downloading the backup.  Or in the case of NES games you have the wrong ROM for your cart.

Either way any site that has ROMs available for download is illegal in almost all countries.  Head to Afghanistan/Bhutan/Iran/Iraq/Ethiopia/Nepal first  

Mar 25, 2009 at 12:40:19 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
You forgot China.

Mar 25, 2009 at 1:16:12 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
It is still illegal in China, the countries I listed are the ones that have no international copyright laws so it is completely legal there. Doesn't mean its enforced at all in China but still illegal.

Mar 25, 2009 at 2:07:08 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
ah yes.

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:03:26 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
In Canada you can make a backup of software so long as you have the original.
From this page (which is just some dude's site so this may be completely bogus or out of date) http://www.trytel.com/...~pbkerr/computer.html

quote: (The owner of an authorized and legitimate copy of a piece of software may reproduce a single copy of the software, for backup purposes, provided that the single backup copy is destroyed immediately once the person ceases to be the owner of the authorized copy of the software).

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Mar 25, 2009 at 4:26:41 PM
ZoOmer (40)
(B H) < Meka Chicken >
California
I read that somewhere too, I will investigate and post an official verified legal link