Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super UFO Pro 8 SD Question Trying to get the facts straight lol

May 7, 2014 at 10:34:25 PM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Man that thing is awful, I ended up returning 2 of them that refused to work right with any of my SNES's (I have like 4 different models.)

May 8, 2014 at 7:13:33 AM
VGS_MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Guntz

What does the header say? On the Super UFO menu, middle bottom icon, there is an option to look at cartridge info. In there it will tell you what the header on the cartridge ROM says at that moment of operation.

If it looks like //////////////////////////, that usually means the ROM chip is bad.

If it's corrupted or partially readable, then it's probably a dirty cart slot causing one or more address lines to not work.

Normally the header should say what the game is.

Game plays perfectly fine in the system, won't identify in the copier.  Protos don't play by the rules all the time.

-------------------------

May 27, 2014 at 5:18:11 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
I have no idea whether those C64 ROMs will work on a Super UFO. I tried some NES conversions and they didn't work. Anything that's not an official title is difficult to say for sure.

Yeah some prototype cartridges act funny. The header function is still very useful in the Super UFO though.

May 30, 2014 at 9:40:58 AM
chowder (2)
(Rob H) < Eggplant Wizard >
England
Nothing too much to add other than I've had no problems with my Super UFO, it's worked out as a cheap flashcart, and the dumping facility works a lot better than I thought it would. I even managed to dump some random pirate carts I have.

Jun 12, 2014 at 2:44:30 AM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Originally posted by: Narambel

Can I run commodore 64 games on my SNES with my white Superufo pro 8? I want to play Castle Wolfenstein. Can I convert an easy way games from commodore 64 to SNES? I have seen sets of commodore 64 games for SNES, like this: http://doperoms.com/roms/super_nintendo_snes/Commodore%25206...
So is it possible?

I have a white Super UFO Pro 8 now and tried out that C64 collection ROM. Yes it works fine, the games kinda suck though. No Castle Wolfenstein either. The ROM has a screen saying the hackers who made the emulator were going to release another collection later on with new games. It was apparently made in 1995.

Aug 8, 2014 at 5:35:16 AM
Narambel (0)

< Cherub >
If I put a Super Mario World 2 cartridge on top of my white Superufo pro 8 then I will can run DOOM from my SD card? Wikipedia says that both games have got a Super-FX2 chip: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...
Is it true?

Aug 8, 2014 at 2:30:10 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Nope, not possible. I have tried lots and lots of co-processor games and ROMs, it's not a real function of the Super UFO Pro 8. There isn't even an option in the menu for such a thing. The cartridge slot is only for dumping games and save files.

Aug 9, 2014 at 2:44:27 AM
misaya (0)

< Cherub >
We can play a lot with the FIFA 14 Coins alfresco of how that works, and it's things like actualization customization, authoritative the movement through that apple better, authoritative the apple itself added interesting, abacus the new modes, abacus the new activating maps.

So there's still I anticipate a lot to do. Anytime we abode a bold – and this is a non-Call of Duty statement, this is [applicable to] any dev you've anytime talked to – is there's consistently a ton of actualization they ambition they could accept gotten to, afore they shipped. So I anticipate we'll consistently be able to accompany new and absorbing stuff. It's in actuality that we're just aggravating to accomplish a bigger bold than we fabricated endure time.