Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Rambo help I think this is where I post this...

Nov 1, 2007 at 8:39:43 AM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
For some reason I started playing Rambo the other day, and now I am addicted. I have figured out the lay of the land, but I am unable to complete the game. I have the POW and managed to get back to where CO says that the pick up point is just ahead and missiles are falling everywhere. I get to the chopper (GET TO THE CHOPPER!), and nothing happens. If I go through to the next screen I'm back right before I talk to CO. What am I supposed to do?

Nov 1, 2007 at 7:34:40 PM
TN (73)
(TN TN) < El Ripper >
United States
My buddy had this game back in the day.  We were totally confused as what to do.  I am sure you are much farther than we ever got.  I may have to break it out myself. 

Oh, and sorry, I am no help whatsoever.

-------------------------

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:13:10 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
I, too, remember having this exact problem and it took me like an hour of wandering around to figure it out. I do remember that it was something *very* counter intuitive, so unless you are one of those "I'll never use a FAQ" guys, you might want to just bite the bullet and look it up on gamefaqs.

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:01:06 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Dude, I played that game for hours, got to the same part and was like WTF?! I kept farting around with it for like 2 hours and finally gave up pissed as hell that I played it for that long, got so far and yet couldn't complete it. Let me know when you figure it out Ross. Although I don't know if it's likely that I will be trying again anytime soon as it's still a painful memory. LOL!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:23:02 PM
michael242 (43)
(King Neptune) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I remember at the begining telling the guy I would rather stay in prison 1000 times it didnt change his answer. I remeber also getting writing down codes it would give you and then they wouldnt even work!!!!

I played Milk and Nuts today...... Boy does that suck!

Nov 2, 2007 at 12:41:04 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I'm reading the FAQ for you.  After you escape from the CO you are supposed to cut through a fence and blow up a helicopter using grenades (FAQ says it takes 50).  Then you get find your rescue helicopter and have to fly it.

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Edited: 11/02/2007 at 12:42 PM by albailey

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:03:17 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
Thanks Al, but that is much further along in the game.

I, somehow, got by the part just by wasting time. Eventually when I went back to that scene, CO said that I was to late for the pick up and I was to go hide in the village. Now I'm in the same sort of predicament. There is nowhere for me to go, and I just keep wandering around killing things and going back to the village to heal. the scenes and bad guys are all the same, but it did just get darker, so maybe something is about to change again...

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:26:34 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Humn... well I must have been at a different part then... I couldn't kill that GD monster enemy helicopter at the end of the game. I hit it what seemed like a million times and couldn't kill it, I though by Helicopter Ross you were at the same part.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Nov 2, 2007 at 11:45:13 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
So you were past the part where the your pick up says you still need the key to fly, Erik?

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:48:08 PM
burdger (152)
(Ross Burdge) < Bowser >
Ohio
So, yeah, I beat it, but damn, what a stupid ending!

Nov 5, 2007 at 5:32:43 PM
rbudrick (4)
(Rob Budrick) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Hampshire
I could NEVER figure out this damn game, even with an FAQ. I've always SOOO wanted to, but just couldn't. Maybe someday it will just click. Legacy of the Wizard did that after about 10-15 years, so who knows.

-Rob

I am the god of Hellfire and I bring you FIRE!

Nov 6, 2007 at 9:08:31 PM
offensive_jerk (32)
(greasy sanchez) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: rbudrick

I could NEVER figure out this damn game, even with an FAQ. I've always SOOO wanted to, but just couldn't. Maybe someday it will just click. Legacy of the Wizard did that after about 10-15 years, so who knows.

-Rob

I hate games that warp you around like that. How you have to press up and then it turns you south or whatever. It just gets so confusing to me. Just like Goonies II and Friday the 13th.....I cannot fathom what direction im in. I prefer metriod like level layouts.

394- NES
189-SNES
118-N64

Nov 8, 2007 at 6:05:23 PM
rbudrick (4)
(Rob Budrick) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: offensive_jerk

Originally posted by: rbudrick

-Rob

I hate games that warp you around like that. How you have to press up and then it turns you south or whatever. It just gets so confusing to me. Just like Goonies II and Friday the 13th.....I cannot fathom what direction im in. I prefer metriod like level layouts.

Yep, Goonies II, Rambo, and Friday the 13th are pretty much the epitome of that. Never could get either of those 3 games for that very reason.

-Rob

I am the god of Hellfire and I bring you FIRE!