Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

FS: GB Boy (backlit Game Boy Color clone) 20.99USD free shipping

Aug 9, 2013 at 4:07:23 AM
nintendofanboy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >

works with all gb/gbc carts has 188 gb/gbc games built in

they are quite hard to find these day as they have stopped selling them years ago but this seller found a box of them at his factory he is selling cheap with free shipping i own one an can tell you that the build quality is about the same as an original gbc also the screen is backlit so you will now be able to see the screen without having to sit like right next to the sun to see anything

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/No-12-Classical-Handheld-game...

i contacted the seller and he tells me he only has 32 left for sale of each color so get in quick

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:49:25 AM
Hentzikov (0)

(Matt ) < Cherub >
Minnesota
What are even the markets or feelings about this kind of product? I'm kind of new to collecting handhelds.

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:11:05 AM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
I think it's a new product... as the seller has one shaped like a GBA as well

-------------------------

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:27:48 AM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
With that said, very cool item... ordered one :-)

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:31:15 AM
Hentzikov (0)

(Matt ) < Cherub >
Minnesota
Yeah it seems interesting and I've never heard of the 'fake' handhelds before. Anyone else have experience with handhelds like these?

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:14:55 AM
qwertyuiop (2)

< Little Mac >
India
Just had a little chat with the seller. He seems a very decent person and told me about his love for Gameboy himself. A little weak in English. He told me that this is not selling well in China so he put it on there in the hope to sell it and ship it to other countries. He also told me that he acquired about 200 units and has 5-6 different colors. I asked him to upload more pictures of the other colors and update his listings so people could choose from other colors.

Will buy 1 myself. It's a steal at this price because it has back light! And it looks very bright from the pictures...

Edit: Just found it at Kitsch too... and at a higher price: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/prod...

Edited: 08/09/2013 at 11:19 AM by qwertyuiop

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:41:31 AM
Hentzikov (0)

(Matt ) < Cherub >
Minnesota
Eh, I purchased one just to satisfy my curiosity. I totally missed out on Gameboy Color so it'll be fun trying to collect the games for it.

Are there similar GBA backlit systems out there or could be recommended?

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:49:55 AM
Busdriverj (102)
(Jason Faulkenberry) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
SHouldnt this be in Auction Site Spotlight as the OP is not the seller of the item??

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:52:08 PM
Cross (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Just ordered one. Sold my frontlight gameboy color to afford this. Hope I can overclock this one too, I am quite excited

I do make consolized game gears, after I make my newest model I must first sell my other projects before I can continue making more. I have too much to keep track of at the moment

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:57:21 PM
Hentzikov (0)

(Matt ) < Cherub >
Minnesota
Why would you need to overclock this device to play games it was designed for? To improve framerates on certain games?

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:20:33 PM
lojack44 (99)
(Logan M) < Kraid Killer >
California
I may have to pick one of these up...

Edit...purchased!

Edited: 08/09/2013 at 03:56 PM by lojack44

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:53:41 PM
nintendofanboy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Adihere

Just had a little chat with the seller. He seems a very decent person and told me about his love for Gameboy himself. A little weak in English. He told me that this is not selling well in China so he put it on there in the hope to sell it and ship it to other countries. He also told me that he acquired about 200 units and has 5-6 different colors. I asked him to upload more pictures of the other colors and update his listings so people could choose from other colors.

Will buy 1 myself. It's a steal at this price because it has back light! And it looks very bright from the pictures...

Edit: Just found it at Kitsch too... and at a higher price: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/gb-boy-colour

yes that is a high price also look at this one

http://www.amazon.com/AISON-Chinese-Version-Color-Blue-Offic...

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:32:39 PM
nintendofanboy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Busdriverj

SHouldnt this be in Auction Site Spotlight as the OP is not the seller of the item??
sorry im new here and thought this was the right place to list this

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:48:37 AM
Russlyman (11)
(Russell lyman) < Eggplant Wizard >
Connecticut
This is fantastic. I just ordered a clear purple one. Free shipping too can't beat that. The only downside is it will take about 3 weeks to get here ha. I hope it lives up to this hype. Back lite screen, only takes 2 AA batteries, built in games and can play GB and GBC games too.

Facebook/RussLyman               YouTube/Russlyman         Instagram/RussLyman          Facebook/ScionMKart  

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:14:01 AM
nintendofanboy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Russlyman

This is fantastic. I just ordered a clear purple one. Free shipping too can't beat that. The only downside is it will take about 3 weeks to get here ha. I hope it lives up to this hype. Back lite screen, only takes 2 AA batteries, built in games and can play GB and GBC games too.

yes you cant beat free shipping

i think this is one of the best clones i have ever seen

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:25:33 AM
Russlyman (11)
(Russell lyman) < Eggplant Wizard >
Connecticut
The guy just sent me a few emails. Asked if I was from Nintendoage.com. I said yes I say the post and came. He was happy. He also asked me if anyone on here would be interested in a red gameboy micro as well.
I asked if it was a real one or knock off like this and said to get some photos of it because sure someone would be interested.

Facebook/RussLyman               YouTube/Russlyman         Instagram/RussLyman          Facebook/ScionMKart  

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:27:44 AM
Cross (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Hentzikov

Why would you need to overclock this device to play games it was designed for? To improve framerates on certain games?

Make it run faster, aka level Pokemon up in 1/3 the time

I do make consolized game gears, after I make my newest model I must first sell my other projects before I can continue making more. I have too much to keep track of at the moment

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:39:10 AM
qwertyuiop (2)

< Little Mac >
India

The guy just sent me a few emails. Asked if I was from Nintendoage.com. I said yes I say the post and came. He was happy. He also asked me if anyone on here would be interested in a red gameboy micro as well.
I asked if it was a real one or knock off like this and said to get some photos of it because sure someone would be interested.

Hehe, it was I who told him about rarity of Game boy Micro and told him that if he could find those in stock anywhere in China, he could sell them well.

This morning he messaged me that he could find one red Game boy Micro at the warehouse and that it's new. I asked for pictures and this was what it is.

I personally have more than 1 of Game boy micro so I won't buy it but for anyone out there who is looking for one, you could probably negotiate with him and get a good deal. The eBay prices for this is high and they go for quite a lot...

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:02:56 AM
nintendofanboy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Adihere

Hehe, it was I who told him about rarity of Game boy Micro and told him that if he could find those in stock anywhere in China, he could sell them well.

This morning he messaged me that he could find one red Game boy Micro at the warehouse and that it's new. I asked for pictures and this was what it is.

I personally have more than 1 of Game boy micro so I won't buy it but for anyone out there who is looking for one, you could probably negotiate with him and get a good deal. The eBay prices for this is high and they go for quite a lot...

wow that is so cool i would buy it but i am broke

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:14:54 PM
Hentzikov (0)

(Matt ) < Cherub >
Minnesota
I would definitely purchase it because I don't have one yet. It would match my Famicom perfectly.

Edited: 08/10/2013 at 02:22 PM by Hentzikov

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:08:56 PM
nintendofanboy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >

I would definitely purchase it because I don't have one yet. It would match my Famicom perfectly.

did you talk to the seller he only wanted $50 for it

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:17:39 AM
nintendofanboy (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
nice

Aug 12, 2013 at 9:06:59 AM
Hentzikov (0)

(Matt ) < Cherub >
Minnesota
Just a quick update bump.

This seller has been extremely patient and generous to me. I ordered the GB Boy and had questions about the GBA micro and he is very quick to answer and cater to my questions.

If anyone is on the fence about ordering from the seller, I just wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I've had so far. I will definitely order from the seller again, no problem.

If you have any questions, just contact him and he is more than happy to work with you.

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:19:32 AM
qwertyuiop (2)

< Little Mac >
India

Just a quick update bump.

This seller has been extremely patient and generous to me. I ordered the GB Boy and had questions about the GBA micro and he is very quick to answer and cater to my questions.

If anyone is on the fence about ordering from the seller, I just wanted to let everyone know what a great experience I've had so far. I will definitely order from the seller again, no problem.

If you have any questions, just contact him and he is more than happy to work with you.
The seller contacted me and asked me to tell you to contact him.

I asked a few more questions about the Game boy Micro that you bought of him. I wanted to know if it was absolutely NIB, he told me that it has the charger, handheld and instructions (paper work) but it doesn't have that black bag that comes inside each box of Micro. I told him that he should tell you that to not disappoint you. So yeah, it's still a very nice deal for a rare item but do contact him. That guy is cool just weak in English.

Aug 13, 2013 at 2:54:08 AM
Yingzhaxi (0)

< Cherub >
I am the seller in the Aliexpress who sell this GB color clone,thank you for you guys support.
however this item have no games inside, my customer upload my item in this website, but I do not know.
I also sell the GB color clone which have games inside, but it have some problems, the problem is can not read the big game such as pockmon, maybe the games inside costs too much memory. so the player have not enough space to read big game.
hope you guys like my item. Anything about the GBP, GBC ,GBA,GBM,SP, can leave me a message. or talk to me in the skype(wplutom)