Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Holy crap. Analogue Super NT!!!! Preorder up now!

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:06:03 AM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England
Originally posted by: cacophony

Yeah, the core save issue is fixed, but one issue remains related to it: Don't use back/cancel to get to the Settings mid game. Use the intended "start" button. If you use "back" it will no longer give you the option to save the sram on menu entry. There's an open issue for this so hopefully it gets fixed in the next version.

Yes,  I found this annoying as well. Hope they fix that with next update with the jailbreak.

Edited: 03/11/2018 at 04:06 AM by Odin Belmont

Mar 11, 2018 at 12:54:14 PM
acp (1)

< Little Mac >
Alabama
Congrats to you Odin Belmont on getting yours. That thing looks beautiful.

Mine still has not arrived. It says it will be here tuesday. I agree with others regarding the shipping. $40 for 4 day shipping is outrageous. They have to be pocketing some of this money because there's no damn way a package that small costs that much.

Mar 11, 2018 at 1:55:04 PM
cacophony (1)

< Little Mac >
Alabama
Originally posted by: acp

Mine still has not arrived. It says it will be here tuesday. I agree with others regarding the shipping. $40 for 4 day shipping is outrageous. They have to be pocketing some of this money because there's no damn way a package that small costs that much.

This has already been exhaustively discussed. Analogue is not pocketing extra money for the shipping. They hired another company to handle the packaging/shipping, and there's clearly a sizeable added cost for going that route. But considering they're a 4 person company and needed to ship 10k units it's totally understandable IMO.

Edited: 03/11/2018 at 01:56 PM by cacophony

Mar 11, 2018 at 2:52:20 PM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England

Thanks.  It's a thing of beauty.  

I thought you would have yours already?   With $50 shipping that is ridiculous.  Paying that much you should have it in 2 days.  It's amazing console, but the shipping cost was silly.  

Put up some pics up when you get yours acp.

Mar 11, 2018 at 10:01:06 PM
SmaMan (0)
(Smalliard Manning) < Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
I got mine in on Friday! Been a busy weekend but I'm finally getting around to playing it.

Everything I've thrown at it has worked and looks glorious! ...Except for Donkey Kong Country 2. It works fine in my original SNES console, but every time I stick it in the Super NT, it gives me that message of "This product will not operate when connected to a device which makes unauthorized copies. Please refer to your instruction booklet for further information."

I was having this same issue with DKC3 at first. I gave them both a real good swabbing and got DKC3 to work. But futher cleanings have done nothing for DKC2. Anyone else having this problem? I was using the Jailbreak firmware but rolled it back to the official 4.4 to see if that would fix it, but nothing.

-------------------------
When I'm not 8-bitting my life away, I like to write. You can find my short stories and ramblings here: smaman.wordpress.com

Edited: 03/11/2018 at 10:01 PM by SmaMan

Mar 11, 2018 at 10:05:33 PM
Ichinisan (29)
< King Solomon >
Georgia
Originally posted by: SmaMan

I got mine in on Friday! Been a busy weekend but I'm finally getting around to playing it.

Everything I've thrown at it has worked and looks glorious! ...Except for Donkey Kong Country 2. It works fine in my original SNES console, but every time I stick it in the Super NT, it gives me that message of "This product will not operate when connected to a device which makes unauthorized copies. Please refer to your instruction booklet for further information."

I was having this same issue with DKC3 at first. I gave them both a real good swabbing and got DKC3 to work. But futher cleanings have done nothing for DKC2. Anyone else having this problem? I was using the Jailbreak firmware but rolled it back to the official 4.4 to see if that would fix it, but nothing.

What is hardware timing set to?

Mar 11, 2018 at 10:14:48 PM
SmaMan (0)
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: Ichinisan

You mean the Launch System Timing option? I’ve switched that back and forth to no avail. 

When I'm not 8-bitting my life away, I like to write. You can find my short stories and ramblings here: smaman.wordpress.com

Mar 12, 2018 at 4:00:29 PM
Oddzball (6)

< Meka Chicken >
Huh, I have DKC2, Ill give it a try and see if I get the same.

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:41:55 PM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
So an update.

Evidently mine was a part of 20 or so orders that were corrupted in their shippers system. It's going out this week.

Also I asked in a reply for a partial refund for the shipping cost and sure enough, I'm going to get a credit of $20 (of the $39.70 I paid for shipping) back...so yeah, once I receive the refund and my Super NT, I'll retract my previous statement.

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:04:28 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Finally got mine today. After it thaws out from setting in my porch all day I will give it a test. I will say even with all the problems I have with Analogue on the business end, the Super Nt feels like it is better built then the SNES 2, it is heavier anyways. The packaging is very nice also. 

Edited: 03/12/2018 at 06:12 PM by themisfit138

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:57:38 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana

Originally posted by: Ichinisan

You mean the Launch System Timing option? I’ve switched that back and forth to no avail. 

DKC 2 looks to be working on 3.1.

Edited: 03/12/2018 at 09:01 PM by themisfit138

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:11:33 PM
PinkNeonBowser (0)

(Todd Harris) < Cherub >
United States
I have been very happy with the Super NT. It's great to be able to play the SNES again as I just dont have room for a crt atm. If we get a genesis core for this thing I will be ecstatic! It's one of the last retro systems I never picked up!

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:20:50 PM
MottZilla (0)
(Mott Zilla) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States

Did you try the DKC2 cartridge on an original system to see if it's working there? The way DKC (1,2,3) detect this is by doing a test to see how much SRAM is available inside the cartridge. If the amount doesn't appear to match the expected amount it will throw you at that screen. This can happen sometimes when the cartridge contacts or connector are making poor contact. However it could also be because of a broken track, solder joint, or bad SRAM chip. One thing you could try is by using the Game Genie feature you could bypass this screen.

Enter the first two codes and if that doesn't work try adding the 3rd which I don't think is needed.

6DA4-5A8B  FEC522 80
6D8F-833E  FBBE1B 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

That's for Version 1.1. Version 1.0 might require different codes.

For 1.0 use:

6D8D-833E  FBBE0B 80
6DAF-52EB  FEC517 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

You only have to enter the left part of the codes posted. The right side refers to the decoded version of each code. One set of these codes should bypass the screen for you.

Edited: 03/13/2018 at 02:23 PM by MottZilla

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:06:42 PM
SmaMan (0)
Oklahoma
Originally posted by: MottZilla

Did you try the DKC2 cartridge on an original system to see if it's working there? The way DKC (1,2,3) detect this is by doing a test to see how much SRAM is available inside the cartridge. If the amount doesn't appear to match the expected amount it will throw you at that screen. This can happen sometimes when the cartridge contacts or connector are making poor contact. However it could also be because of a broken track, solder joint, or bad SRAM chip. One thing you could try is by using the Game Genie feature you could bypass this screen.

Enter the first two codes and if that doesn't work try adding the 3rd which I don't think is needed.

6DA4-5A8B  FEC522 80
6D8F-833E  FBBE1B 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

For 1.0 use:

6D8D-833E  FBBE0B 80
6DAF-52EB  FEC517 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

You only have to enter the left part of the codes posted. The right side refers to the decoded version of each code. One set of these codes should bypass the screen for you.
As I said above, it works just fine on my original hardware. It even saves and retains said saves just fine. (Though the anti-piracy trigger seems to wipe them out.)

I got the cart open today to give it a good deep cleaning. If that doesn't solve it, I'll check out those codes. I'm aware of how that particular trigger happens, and I've been wondering if a code could get around that SRAM check. (Since you can replicate it with a code as well.)

UPDATE: Cleaning didn't work. So I tried out the codes, and unless I got them wrong, (I might need to try again with the classic font since the default makes it hard to tell B and 8 apart.) they didn't get me past the screen. I tried both sets since I'm not sure what version this is.

And the process for this is to put in the code, then enable it, and then click "Run Cartridge" on the front menu, right?

Originally posted by: themisfit138

Is that the one that shipped with the console? I can't find that version to download on their support site.

UPDATE: I did try rolling back to 4.3, and didn't get any different results.

I've attached some board images in case anybody is curious. Not sure what else to try at this point. This cart just DOES NOT like the Super NT!

Edited: 03/13/2018 at 04:17 PM by SmaMan

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:03:06 AM
Diamante Loco (149)
(gblock mountaineer) < King Solomon >
West Virginia
Update.

Got mine in today. The build quality was way better than I expected, more of a heft to it than the SNES Mini.

Installed the latest revision of the jailbreak firmware (derived from official 4.4) and it's great!

Gonna take some getting use to on saving to SRAM after in-game saving but it's a small price til I decide to get an SD2SNES.

Haven't tried any physical games yet, but I'll give Mario RPG a whirl later this week

The User formally known as g_block. Same nice guy, different name :-)

Mar 14, 2018 at 1:05:34 AM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
I got mine today. It's pretty sweet. I need to play around a lot more with it.

Mar 14, 2018 at 11:12:40 AM
acp (1)

< Little Mac >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Odin Belmont

I thought you would have yours already?   With $50 shipping that is ridiculous.  Paying that much you should have it in 2 days.  It's amazing console, but the shipping cost was silly.  

Finally got it late yesterday afternoon  . I didn't get to play it much last night cause I was tired, but have been playing all this morning. Man, what an amazing device. It has booted up every game I've tried so far on the first try.

Sorry, my camera is really bad   . Here's a pic:

And two beasts sitting next to one another   :

Edited: 03/14/2018 at 11:13 AM by acp

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:01:35 PM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England

Finally got it late yesterday afternoon  . I didn't get to play it much last night cause I was tired, but have been playing all this morning. Man, what an amazing device. It has booted up every game I've tried so far on the first try.

Very nice.  The AVS has a buddy now  

Edited: 03/14/2018 at 02:02 PM by Odin Belmont

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:16:00 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I do wish that the retro receiver were styled to be the same color scheme as the controller it's paired with, but we can't always have everything we want.

Of course for me personally it's a moot point, considering I got the black console and controller.  

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:21:59 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana

6DA4-5A8B  FEC522 80
6D8F-833E  FBBE1B 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

For 1.0 use:

6D8D-833E  FBBE0B 80
6DAF-52EB  FEC517 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

As I said above, it works just fine on my original hardware. It even saves and retains said saves just fine. (Though the anti-piracy trigger seems to wipe them out.)

I got the cart open today to give it a good deep cleaning. If that doesn't solve it, I'll check out those codes. I'm aware of how that particular trigger happens, and I've been wondering if a code could get around that SRAM check. (Since you can replicate it with a code as well.)

UPDATE: Cleaning didn't work. So I tried out the codes, and unless I got them wrong, (I might need to try again with the classic font since the default makes it hard to tell B and 8 apart.) they didn't get me past the screen. I tried both sets since I'm not sure what version this is.

And the process for this is to put in the code, then enable it, and then click "Run Cartridge" on the front menu, right?

Is that the one that shipped with the console? I can't find that version to download on their support site.

I've attached some board images in case anybody is curious. Not sure what else to try at this point. This cart just DOES NOT like the Super NT!

Yes 3.1 is what my console is showing out of the box. I am happy with it for now it has played all the games I have tested. 

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:33:59 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Does anyone have an idea when stock will be replenished? The only one available currently is the black model and I'd rather have the SNES color scheme.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:39:03 PM
romevi (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Nightowljrm

Does anyone have an idea when stock will be replenished?

Analogue might.

"When you desire to play video games as much as you desire the air you breathe, then you will have the time to play video games."
- Socrates

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:48:46 PM
Nightowljrm (42)
(Joseph Morgan) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: romevi

Originally posted by: Nightowljrm

Does anyone have an idea when stock will be replenished?

Analogue might.

C'mon, man. You know I meant in the thread. Being snarky doesn't benefit anyone.

Mar 14, 2018 at 4:36:49 PM
acp (1)

< Little Mac >
Alabama

Very nice.  The AVS has a buddy now  

Haha, indeed!

Thank God for bunnyboy and kevtris. These guys should go down in video game history for their amazing work.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:19:15 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana

6DA4-5A8B  FEC522 80
6D8F-833E  FBBE1B 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

For 1.0 use:

6D8D-833E  FBBE0B 80
6DAF-52EB  FEC517 80
E6EE-E7D7  C0FFFC F8

Your cartridge is probably bunk dude.  

Did you try updating the firmware to latest version? Both DKC2 and DKC3 games (physical carts) run fine on my Super NT using JB firmware 6.5 (equivalent to official firmware v4.4). Absolutely no popup warnings or other errors.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 03/14/2018 at 10:23 PM by Kosmic StarDust