Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Last issue of the Ezine in the works Looking for layout artist.

Nov 17, 2017 at 11:08:20 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I talked with Gloves and we're going to try and do another issue of the Ezine. I accidently left an article out last issue and recently had someone approach me with a new idea for an article, so we're going to give it a whirl again. Here's what is needed right now:
  • Writers/Articles
  • Graphic Artist(s)
I'm open to an ideas on articles. Send me a PM, discuss it here, either way I need about 5-6 six articles for it to be worthy of Dain's approval. Here is what we have so far:

Articles
Ferris - Letter from Editor
killerkobra - Kijiji Tales (from last issue)
leatherrebel5150 - AV Atari Mods
Stryphos - ?
Laketown04/Sign Collector Guy - Binder Recap
ugopoopy - Splatterhouse Something
acidjaguar - Captain N Memo
??? - Member Spotlight
Ferris - SimCity? Japan? DW Update?
Robin - Member Spotlight

Layout
Ferris

Graphics 
ugopoopy
Gloves

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 07/12/2018 at 06:58 PM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 17, 2017 at 12:33:35 PM
ap123 (65)
(Andrew P) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Great to hear this. I really enjoy reading through the back issues and hope you're able to make this come together.

Here's a link to the archive for any newer members that weren't aware this was a thing....

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:50:33 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
What's your timeline needed for articles? Depending on when articles are needed I may be interested in trying to submit something ...

Haves     |     Wants

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:56:53 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Gloves is swamped, and I'm also busy, so lets say middle of December. I'll give everyone a month to come up with some articles and we'll go from there. May take another month or more after that before the ezine itself is completed.

Also, we need someone for the member spotlight. I'm open to suggestions.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:10:46 PM
Laketown04 (98)
< Meka Chicken >
I'm down!! Maybe do one on NES Test equipment, nwc stuff. Also, recently picked up a binder from NOA executive (so I was told) with tons of pics, prices and some concept art and pics. I am down to help, and help write, just need a partner to help and make sure I don't make #### up. Lol

Excited to see the ezine is back..

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:18:54 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Laketown04

...picked up a binder from NOA executive (so I was told) with tons of pics, prices and some concept art and pics. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Next time I won't spend so much time trying to haggle.   

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:24:28 PM
Laketown04 (98)
< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

...picked up a binder from NOA executive (so I was told) with tons of pics, prices and some concept art and pics. 

Hilarious.. I did same and said.. tired of no responses. BIN.

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:26:55 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas

Hilarious.. I did same and said.. tired of no responses. BIN.

He didn't respond because I was pretty sure we were about to close on a deal. Then it was gone. Is what it is.

But yes, we need articles!

Edited: 11/17/2017 at 03:27 PM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 17, 2017 at 3:39:49 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

I talked with Gloves and we're going to try and do another issue of the Ezine. I accidently left an article out last issue and recently had someone approach me with a new idea for an article, so we're going to give it a whirl again. 

Here's what is needed right now:

Writers/Articles
Graphic Artist(s)

I'm open to an ideas on articles. Send me a PM, discuss it here, either way I need about 5-6 six articles for it to be worthy of Dain's approval.
An article about Signs and Displays........................???? :-) I already have an idea.

Edited: 11/17/2017 at 03:40 PM by Sign Collector Guy

Nov 17, 2017 at 7:25:07 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: ap123

Great to hear this. I really enjoy reading through the back issues and hope you're able to make this come together.

Here's a link to the archive for any newer members that weren't aware this was a thing....

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=eZine.Home

Thank you for that, it needs to be updated.

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:03:05 PM
ugopoopy (30)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
I'm interested in both writing an article and doing some art. Can I do an article on the Splatterhouse games? I love those games.

My NES collection
Working toward a complete set. 
WTB/TF any and all games I don't have. 
FT/FO thread
WTB/TF for Sega Saturn games

Nov 22, 2017 at 10:47:01 AM
BazookaJoe (4)
(Joe ) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Originally posted by: ap123

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=eZine.Home
Thanks for providing this! I had no clue this was a thing!

My Wants! | Add me on Switch: SW-3356-2808-2889
 ​

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:00:20 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Stryphos

What's your timeline needed for articles? Depending on when articles are needed I may be interested in trying to submit something ...

Can you come up with something in the next two weeks?

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:01:12 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

An article about Signs and Displays........................???? :-) I already have an idea.

Get with Laketown and go over that sweet binder he scored. Can you do that in the next two weeks?

Nov 26, 2017 at 1:02:41 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: ugopoopy

I'm interested in both writing an article and doing some art. Can I do an article on the Splatterhouse games? I love those games.

Can you look over the directory and make sure there wasn't already a Splatterhouse article, because I feel like there was. The directory gives you all the stories in each issue, so shouldn't take too long to double check. 

But even if there was one, we can always use another from a different angle and fresh take on a subject.

Nov 26, 2017 at 2:45:36 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

Get with Laketown and go over that sweet binder he scored. Can you do that in the next two weeks?

I dont think he was the buyer. Just shared the listing

Nov 26, 2017 at 5:02:42 PM
ugopoopy (30)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York

Originally posted by: ugopoopy

Can you look over the directory and make sure there wasn't already a Splatterhouse article, because I feel like there was. The directory gives you all the stories in each issue, so shouldn't take too long to double check. 

But even if there was one, we can always use another from a different angle and fresh take on a subject.

Okay I checked. Somebody did do a review on the famicom game Splatterhouse Wanpaku Grafitti. I'd be doing one on the series as a whole. That one's more of a spin off, anyway. Alternatively I could write a review on the new Netflix Castlevania series. Or I could do both, put em in a little section call it Ugopoopy's Spooky Dooky or something stupid like that. I mean, I don't wanna bite off more than I can chew. I'll start working on the Splatterhouse one and see if I have time for any more. 

Let me know about any artwork you need too. 

My NES collection
Working toward a complete set. 
WTB/TF any and all games I don't have. 
FT/FO thread
WTB/TF for Sega Saturn games

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:56:52 AM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan

Originally posted by: Stryphos

Can you come up with something in the next two weeks?

I certainly can, incoming PM for details.

Haves     |     Wants

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:24:00 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Coming together. Here is what we have so far:

Articles
Stryphos - ?
??? - Member Spotlight

Layout
Ferris

Graphics 
ugopoopy
Gloves

Edited: 11/28/2017 at 11:18 AM by Ferris Bueller

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:40:03 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Bump.

Still on the hunt for articles, ads, and filler. You have a couple weeks still to submit before I move on to editing and the layout.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:44:26 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Random bump.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:48:42 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Coming together. Here is what we have so far:

Articles
Stryphos - ?
??? - Member Spotlight

Layout
Ferris

Graphics 
ugopoopy
Gloves

Laketown and I have had heated phonecalls and a recent facetime session. Waiting on a bit more and should have it done.

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:35:10 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Article submitted this morning.

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:30:09 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Im a bit behind, its my finals week abd i had an issue with the one version of the mod i havnt been able to solve yet

Dec 29, 2017 at 12:20:55 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Almost all the articles have been turned in and I'm going to start the editing and layout process.