Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gamevaluenow's Collection Tracker is ready for Beta testing! GVN is alive!!!!!

Jun 11 at 8:05:50 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Originally posted by: Lincoln

It looks like completed sales values don't figure in shipping, didnt they use to? That's a pretty significant portion of the cost for even like the $20-30 range.
Never included shipping. The algorithm removes it as d free shipping is included as well.

Jun 21 at 12:47:54 PM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Hey Hoagie, found a new, rare game to add. Poop Slinger for the PS4.

MetalJesusRocks at YouTube posted a video today on the story of this game. Apparantly the distributer, Limited "RARE" Games posted the announcement for it on April Fools Day, no one believed it was legit, only 84 people preordered it and supposedly, that's all that exist.

This has to be the rarest, legit, licensed title in history that you could call a "wide" release.

Anyway, according to the video, Sony requires a minimum 1,000 count print run for licensed titles so even though 84 were purchased and in the wild, I'm sure 50-100 are in the hands of developers and former employees and the rest are probably in a warehouse. This one will be an interesting one to track over the years.

-------------------------
Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Jun 21 at 12:56:19 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: rlh

Hey Hoagie, found a new, rare game to add. Poop Slinger for the PS4.

MetalJesusRocks at YouTube posted a video today on the story of this game. Apparantly the distributer, Limited "RARE" Games posted the announcement for it on April Fools Day, no one believed it was legit, only 84 people preordered it and supposedly, that's all that exist.

This has to be the rarest, legit, licensed title in history that you could call a "wide" release.

Anyway, according to the video, Sony requires a minimum 1,000 count print run for licensed titles so even though 84 were purchased and in the wild, I'm sure 50-100 are in the hands of developers and former employees and the rest are probably in a warehouse. This one will be an interesting one to track over the years.

I'm so glad I never went for a complete ps4 set as I had once considered doing.

Jun 21 at 1:03:07 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
Me too, gloves and in fact, if I was doing that and just found this out, I'd considet calling it quites. I doubt this will stay at the current price of about $650, especially if that other 900 ever shows up. So, I wouldn't want to buy it today or probably for years to come. But, that said, it'd suck to be wrong on that, the rest be in a landfill and the value of this slowly climb mostly because of the notariaty and story. It's be my luck in 2025 that'd I'd have every game but this one and it's be up past $1,000 or more.

Jun 21 at 1:03:12 PM
punch-out!!84 (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
For some reason the app no longer worked for me this year and it is gone from iTunes. What's the status on it?

Jun 21 at 1:06:14 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario

Me too, gloves and in fact, if I was doing that and just found this out, I'd considet calling it quites. I doubt this will stay at the current price of about $650, especially if that other 900 ever shows up. So, I wouldn't want to buy it today or probably for years to come. But, that said, it'd suck to be wrong on that, the rest be in a landfill and the value of this slowly climb mostly because of the notariaty and story. It's be my luck in 2025 that'd I'd have every game but this one and it's be up past $1,000 or more.

It's little shit (haha) like this stupid limited release that kills collecting modern console full sets for me. I mean, I'd never go for a full set ANYWAY, but this shit is the proverbial nail in the coffin. I never heard about this at all until just now. April fools joke or not, if I was going for the set I'd put an order in; but I never even knew it was a thing AT ALL. Just one day it pops up on ebay for hundreds of dollars and it's like... Oh... Ok.

Jun 21 at 1:33:29 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
To be clear, this was made by Limited "Rare" Games and not Limited "Run" Games. I've done no further research but it sounds like they either never released many games or this was there first one, they made some serious mistakes and they are now out of business. Seriously, go to YouTube, search Metal Jesus and just find his latest video. It's an interesting story, IMHO, and worth a watch.

Jun 21 at 1:48:24 PM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri

To be clear, this was made by Limited "Rare" Games and not Limited "Run" Games. I've done no further research but it sounds like they either never released many games or this was there first one, they made some serious mistakes and they are now out of business. Seriously, go to YouTube, search Metal Jesus and just find his latest video. It's an interesting story, IMHO, and worth a watch.
I don't even have a PS4 and I considered buying that game.  It was a big deal on Twitter that day and no one believed it was real.  The company kept saying, "No, really, we are a real company.  Buy this game or we will go out of business."  I thought in the back of my mind that I should grab one just in case, but didn't pull the trigger because it was just too fishy.  Kind of wish I had obviously now, but don't regret it too much.

*EDIT*  I just submitted the game to be added.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Edited: 06/21/2019 at 01:50 PM by Fleck586

Jun 21 at 2:00:12 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
FYI guys, I made a post specific to this game here: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

I let Hoagie know about the game. There's no since junking up his post with this crap, when it's more fitting for the Collector's Corner.

Edited: 07/16/2019 at 07:43 AM by rlh

Sep 06 at 11:13:45 AM
Oishii San (13)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Hopefully not sounding rude; just wondering if/when GVN will start being updated again at the same rate before the change of ownership. I feel like I'm having to add a lot of new titles manually all of a sudden.

Sep 09 at 11:59:07 AM
fusoyaff2 (44)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
There are some user created PS4 games I added at least a month ago which still haven't been processed (the oldest being LEGO Marvel Collection). Every time I get a new PS4 game I have to manually add it as well. Also find it odd that Bloodstained Ritual of the Night for PS4 isn't tracking on that site.

Sep 09 at 12:06:09 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
I reached out to the owner but have not heard back yet - someone IS handling games being added to the site, but I'm not sure that they're managing newer/modern games. Waiting on a response.

Sep 09 at 9:15:17 PM
goldenpp72 (77)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Is it true GVN changed owners? Is the site going to die or something? Put a lot of work into it and am still not done lol. I've seen that 'ability to define sets' thing in beta for what feels like forever.

My list of games and hardware i'd like to find
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

My topic for selling and trading games
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Sep 09 at 10:15:31 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: goldenpp72

Is it true GVN changed owners? Is the site going to die or something? Put a lot of work into it and am still not done lol. I've seen that 'ability to define sets' thing in beta for what feels like forever.

It was purchased by GoCollect, yes. 

Oct 08 at 12:35:15 PM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
Are there going to be updates to to the database? It's been a while...

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Oct 08 at 2:00:12 PM
Oishii San (13)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
Originally posted by: beardcore84

Are there going to be updates to to the database? It's been a while...

Sure has...  Maybe they could make like an open source project for trusted NA members.  We could go in there and keep things up-to-date.

Oct 09 at 5:23:36 PM
startyde (3)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
It's like everyone cashed out and don't care anymore.

Oct 09 at 8:01:16 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri
Originally posted by: startyde

That's been the most surprising thing to me. All that blood and sweat equity and a moderate paycheck comes along and all of a sudden no one cares what happens to all their hard work. I just don't get it. In the meantime, I'm sending a support ticket every day asking for an update or permission to do it myself.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Oct 09 at 8:12:06 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: Fleck586

That's been the most surprising thing to me. All that blood and sweat equity and a moderate paycheck comes along and all of a sudden no one cares what happens to all their hard work. I just don't get it. In the meantime, I'm sending a support ticket every day asking for an update or permission to do it myself.

What exactly are you sending messages about? PM me.

Oct 09 at 8:15:08 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida

When you sell a business to a new owner.... you are expecting the previous owner who built it, with their blood and sweat....to still work on it? I don't get it is right.... what you are saying isn't valid nor fair to the previous owner. It should be directed at the company that purchased the site and shelfed it. 

He put a lot of time into a product that was FREE. I'm happy he cashed out. 

Oct 09 at 10:45:04 PM
Fleck586 (155)
Missouri
Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

When you sell a business to a new owner.... you are expecting the previous owner who built it, with their blood and sweat....to still work on it? I don't get it is right.... what you are saying isn't valid nor fair to the previous owner. It should be directed at the company that purchased the site and shelfed it. 

I own a business. I'm not saying that if I sold my business that I would continue to work on it. However, I would make damn sure that whoever took it over didn't run it into the ground. All I think anyone is asking for in either of these situations is a little communication. I've personally put 100s of hours of my own time into GVN. I'm proud of that site and what I have done for it. I did it for free too. It was fun for me. I'm not suggesting that I'm entitled to ANYTHING because of that. All I'm saying is that I am surprised at the lack of care in communication. That's all. I'm just very surprised.

Oct 09 at 10:54:26 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida

Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

I own a business. I'm not saying that if I sold my business that I would continue to work on it. However, I would make damn sure that whoever took it over didn't run it into the ground. All I think anyone is asking for in either of these situations is a little communication. I've personally put 100s of hours of my own time into GVN. I'm proud of that site and what I have done for it. I did it for free too. It was fun for me. I'm not suggesting that I'm entitled to ANYTHING because of that. All I'm saying is that I am surprised at the lack of care in communication. That's all. I'm just very surprised.

Hey then we are twins..... I own a business as well,
put over a 1,000 of free hours into GVN and was happy to so to help Rick and the user base overall because I believed in what he was doing. I don't think anyone could forecast how either NA or GVN would be handled by new ownership. People can tell
you what you want to hear but will the act on it..... GVN has a whole new design that looks great.... not sure if we will ever see it. My point is Rick left it in great shape and when you are dealing with people with deep pockets they move at their own pace for projects they have no passion for because for them it's just a business unfortunately. 

Edited: 10/09/2019 at 11:02 PM by Mr. CIB

Oct 10 at 12:25:48 PM
beardcore84 (7)
(Cody ) < Meka Chicken >
Nebraska
It's just really sad. It could have been the greatest collecting tool on the internet.

Follow me on Instagram - CodysGameRoom

Oct 10 at 12:31:22 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Have you guys ever looked at what GoCollect is? A comic book price guide tool.

GoCollect is getting into video games, and in doing so bought out a price guide tool. Which is more likely, the new owner keeps and maintains GVN, or incorporates it into GoCollect? The writing is on the wall, GVN is dead guys.

Oct 10 at 1:08:51 PM
rlh (67)
North Carolina
The only thing "we" can do is build a better tool. Considering we want a new forum, if you guys build it so the TLD is "generic", then we could build a game collecting/playing community. We could have sub domains like, forum.thegamesite.com, wiki.thegamesite.com, priceguide.thegamesite.com collection.thegamesite.com (for managing collections) or anything else we want to add.

You could even integrate minor pay-for services to generate revenue to keep the lights on, and if all the data is housed in one source, there's a lot of room for growth. I really like GVN. Better than the alternatives, but if it's dying on the vine or being "consumed" into a bigger organization that's self-serving, then I'll hope for an alternative that's driven by a community.

I also want to say that I have nothing against Rick and Dain. These guys made excellent tools and sometimes you just need to get out when you've had enough or a good offer comes. That said, if our overlords were looking to just cannibalize these tools, well, that's their choice and right in a free-enterprise society. That said, I don't have to like it and if they let these services die, I'll remember that (as well as my business.)