Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

WWF Survivor Series

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:07:28 AM
-Basti- (0)
(Sebastian D) < Little Mac >
Germany
Hi does anybody know where I can find further informations about WWF Survivor Series which became Wrestlemania Challenge? I found something here: http://www.nesworld.com/mirror/nr.... But i´m searching for more informations and maybe a ROM.

-------------------------
Looking for NES prototypes!!! Please offer any proto you want to get rid of!

Sep 16, 2010 at 5:14:06 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Loving that title screen...Hogan and Macho Man with Elizabeth in the middle...they've tried that whole love-triangle storyline a few times, but it was never as awesome as it was when they did it.

Anyway, I don't know if a proto of this has even turned up, but I bet one of the major proto guys would know for sure. One of the in-game sprites doesn't look quite right for the characters that were in the game...wonder if they changed the roster for the final release? Anyway, if nothing turns up here, you could try over at The Lost Levels, the community there is a bit more knowledgeable as a whole with regard to unreleased stuff (or I would assume so anyway). There's guys here that go there though, so I'd wait until you hear back first. Or something, I dunno. It's 3 am

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Sep 16, 2010 at 5:23:55 AM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: -Basti-

Hi does anybody know where I can find further informations about WWF Survivor Series which became Wrestlemania Challenge? I found something here: http://www.nesworld.com/mirror/nr.htm. But i´m searching for more informations and maybe a ROM.

Icant offer any help, but thanks or the link.
Its a cool read!
Ive had the idea to do something like this before.

Sep 16, 2010 at 5:28:55 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: Herbalist

Hi does anybody know where I can find further informations about WWF Survivor Series which became Wrestlemania Challenge? I found something here: http://www.nesworld.com/mirror/nr.htm. But i´m searching for more informations and maybe a ROM.

Icant offer any help, but thanks or the link.
Its a cool read!
Ive had the idea to do something like this before.

If I knew you'd be interested in it I would've PM'd you the link...I've had it bookmarked for a few years now

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Sep 16, 2010 at 7:07:36 AM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
well i will do some more research of this stuff.
@Herbalist: You had ideas about a new wwf homebrew game? I thought about that, too.

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:09:03 PM
xtremegamer (188)
(Lenny Laserdisc) < Ridley Wrangler >
Missouri
we need a homebrew wrestling game, but wouldn't bother with the wwf licence, use key members here as your wrestlers.

Paaaaper!  Have you ever seen paper?  Look at it, smell it!

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:13:11 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
I'd like to see a update to Pro Wrestling. With new characters and new moves!

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:56:43 AM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
I talked to memblers about a wrestling homebrew before. I would like do make a new WWE game, but my programming skills can´t handle this, so i could only do small programming and graphics.

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:10:49 AM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
This is a first sketch i did of WWE Superstar John Cena who would be headlining the startingscreen of my game.

Edited: 09/21/2010 at 08:12 AM by -Basti-

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:17:49 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Hmm...due to the limits of the system, you probably couldn't do much more than 8-10 characters...and with the number of stars, it's tough to say who's in. Cena and Orton are no-brainers, but there's so much main-event caliber talent that it's tough to say who else should be in there. Undertaker, Mysterio...although Mysterio might be a tough one to put in the game due to the way his finisher is (unless you do it the Acclaim gay way with no finishers across the board). Who else?

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:25:32 AM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
I haven´t planned much about this project, yet because I need some teammembers who help me with the programming. But I think the roster would be: Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Triple H, Jericho, CM Punk, Kane, Edge.

Sep 21, 2010 at 2:21:18 PM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
Back to topic: I have tried to contact Gregory Fischbach (former Acclaim owner) via Facebook but didn´t get an answer yet. I also asked the german RETRO magazin for help but didn´t get any answer, eighter. And the guys from lostlevels don´t answer my questions. Seems like this game is lost :-(
Does anybody know former Acclaim-staff which i can contact?

Edited: 09/21/2010 at 02:23 PM by -Basti-

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:03:42 PM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
I also found the page that was quoted by nesworld. Watch the video at 7:05.

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:22:03 PM
dlorave (7)

(Ricky Bo) < Tourian Tourist >
Ontario
I made a sloppy graphical hack (don't know programming too well) of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) for the NES, with wrestlers replaced with the 1991 roster-VERY early work on it, but let me know if anyone wants it...

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:30:23 PM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
I WANT it ;-)

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:58:50 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

I haven´t planned much about this project, yet because I need some teammembers who help me with the programming. But I think the roster would be: Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Triple H, Jericho, CM Punk, Kane, Edge.

Pretty sure Triple H won't be back, he's nice and retired.  He's also the lead booker, so if he comes back, then WWE is gonna go further down the crapper.  Otherwise that roster looks pretty good overall.

Of course, you could always go with a "classic" roster with greats from all eras...hell, that might even end up being a better game overall

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:39:11 AM
-Basti- (0)
Germany
An "all time greatest" game would be a cool thing, too. Maybe i could realized that in some years after my experiences with the "current stars" project.

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:56:51 PM
thenickross (134)
(nick ross) < King Solomon >
United States
Did anyone else notice he Vanilla Ice game mentioned in that article? 

Yes, that's me in my avatar.