Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sub forum for repros and homebrews sales

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:41:02 PM
Phynn (20)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Its a little hard for me too keep up on releases of some of these. As some put them in auctions, the sellers forum. Or the homebrew sections and i mostly stumble upon them. Id find it easier if there was just a section for the guys who release to maybe have their own subforum for these sales. I would be grateful for it. I don't know if it would be easier for others. It would especially help as the ones that get listed in the seller section dont get lost in the sea of people bumping, even my 100 posts per page or high thread count per page makes them somewhat difficult too find. Thanks for looking.

Edited: 10/07/2016 at 02:41 PM by Phynn

Oct 7, 2016 at 4:35:57 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I feel that doing this wouldn't fix the issue as there are tons of releases off NintendoAge too. I'm doing a year in retro book where I will track them all, but that is still after the fact and certain games will be near impossible to track down after the initial release.

-------------------------

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Oct 7, 2016 at 5:36:44 PM
Phynn (20)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
I wasn't even aware of a release til i made this thread and a user shot me a message of his releases. I feel this would help, if yall dont feel the same id like yalls input how you keep up?

Oct 7, 2016 at 6:52:25 PM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
I think this was discussed before, but I don't feel like looking for it. Basically, I think the go-to resource is SoleGoose's guide (http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...), or Ferris' price guide (pinned) as that has links to games currently available. While neither guy can be expected to be completely up-to-date, they're usually pretty reliable. The way I keep up is pretty much just scouting The Brewery very often and being aware of what's going on.

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:31:27 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
Ferris' prices are way out of date now, but it's a great reference for links and a list still.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:21:05 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
There will be tons of releases you will miss, because so many people make repros. Heck you can make your own, there is plenty on this site to learn. Just browse around and see what you like (Translated RPGs, unreleased games etc.) and make them yourself or you will know what guys do releases.

Or, you could Stick to looking out for homebrews, get interested enough in them and you will learn who the guys/companies making the games are (KHAN, SGP, Neodolphno, Vectrex, MANY more etc.)

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:00:28 PM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
You can subscribe to threads as well, so when a new post is made, you'll be notified. Makes it easier than checking the same thread multiple times a day  .

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Oct 17, 2016 at 8:10:35 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: coffeewithmrsaturn

Ferris' prices are way out of date now, but it's a great reference for links and a list still.

True, although I am still trying to find a copy of Hot Dog Eating Champion. This has got to be the rarest, most obscure cartridge of all time considering I have yet to see a single one. Based on what I have been able to deduce, some jokester printed up a bunch of counterfeit labels in an attempt to give credence to an intentionally erroneous listing in the price guide, meant to be a joke, although I get the impression that it simply tarnishes its reputation and reliability, at least based solely on what I've been hearing about it, but that's not my problem  

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17:30 AM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Jerbilly

True, although I am still trying to find a copy of Hot Dog Eating Champion. This has got to be the rarest, most obscure cartridge of all time considering I have yet to see a single one. Based on what I have been able to deduce, some jokester printed up a bunch of counterfeit labels in an attempt to give credence to an intentionally erroneous listing in the price guide, meant to be a joke, although I get the impression that it simply tarnishes its reputation and reliability, at least based solely on what I've been hearing about it, but that's not my problem  

I've got one that I will sell for $1000 plus the label.  I mean, it should be rarer than Xmas 2008 by now right?

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:17:58 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Originally posted by: demanufacturedmario

I've got one that I will sell for $1000 plus the label.  I mean, it should be rarer than Xmas 2008 by now right?

Well, fewer copies do exist.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:00:12 PM
demanufacturedmario (86)
(A J) < King Solomon >
Connecticut

Originally posted by: demanufacturedmario

Well, fewer copies do exist.
My offer still stands.   

Oct 22, 2016 at 2:50:30 AM
Phynn (20)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Can yall not thread dump. What about an exclusive thread only releasers can post links too Admin?