Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The final Wii game ever, a true rarity

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:43:58 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
The final game for Wii SHOULD have been the amazingly wicked Rodea the Sky Soldier that was released for the Wii U but had a bonus disc included for the Wii. The lovely LE is selling for $150 (or 2x what it was originally pre-order sold for). That came out on November 10th, 2015. But no, one more Wii game slipped thru the cracks, somehow.

It's Let's Sing 2016, from Maximum Games. These guys have been releasing low quantity titles on the Wii and DS for a number of years now. This game was supposed to have been an Amazon and Best Buy only title. But a quick search shows BB "no longer available". Amazon's listing says "unavailable" and not a single seller has a copy available. None on eBay either. Yet, the other system that got the release, PS4, shows plenty in stock at various outlets. Why this was released on Wii and not Wii U is beyond me, other than Maximum hasn't figured out how to program the Wii U yet, lol. Needless to say, yes it's probably a lousy game, but that's never the point anyways. 

Thoughts?

Edited: 12/19/2015 at 06:44 PM by XYZ

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:04:53 PM
jeffg (418)
(jeff gerhart) < Lolo Lord >
United States
i seen 2 copies today at gamestop, one that was bundled with mic in a box, and 1 that was normal release.

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:10:10 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Collecting games is driven around two main factors. Hype and nostalgia.

The Wii launched in late 2006 and died down around 5 years later. 12 year old's are probably the oldest people who will be nostalgic, so tag them at the start of the launch, and 5 year olds are the youngest who will be nostalgic so tag them at the end. I'd say around 24 years old is the right time people begin to get disposable income and become nostalgic for their childhood. So that means you have a "Nostalgia Driven Collectors Hype" range starting from late 2018 and ending around 2030, with the peak probably being around 2024.

I think given the size of the Wii library, there will never be enough collectors who are going for a fullset, meaning there will never be a high value other than for today's hype around it. So if this very post makes it get hyped, then that's probably the only value this game will ever see.

My personal opinion, if you're into making a profit buy now and sell it while the collecting's hot right now, because there will probably never be a sizable nostalgic Wii collecting scene. If you're into gaming, skip the game because it's more than likely another piece of garbage that is the Wii library.

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Edited: 12/19/2015 at 07:11 PM by PowerPlayers

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:16:47 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: jeffg

i seen 2 copies today at gamestop, one that was bundled with mic in a box, and 1 that was normal release.
Yep, Gamestop has had these for a little bit...week or two.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:14:28 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Are you sure you saw the wii version and not PS3? GameStop has no listing on their website for the wii version and it would seem strange to offer an item in stores with no mention online. Also if you go back could you take a pic of the mix bundle? I can't find proof it exists and for my own database as a wii collector I'd really appreciate it. There's several wii singing games are you certain you saw let's sing and not just dance or one of other dance and sing games on system?

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:22:19 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Anyways I'm not trying to create a discussion of making money on this game. More importantly it's the last wii game in a library of 1300 titles.

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:23:27 PM
pinopoly (2)
(kyle trompeter) < Crack Trooper >
Kansas
4 copies have sold on ebay for 50-63$

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:35:31 PM
jkenned5 (131)
(Jordan Kennedy) < King Solomon >
Ontario
Originally posted by: pinopoly

Because it just came out and some people actually might want to play it. Wait a while and it will be a cheapo bin like the rest of the wii games

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:46:21 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: jkenned5

Originally posted by: pinopoly

Because it just came out and some people actually might want to play it. Wait a while and it will be a cheapo bin like the rest of the wii games

There's a lot of costly and very rare wii games, especially from this publisher

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:50:08 PM
Rocky (11)
(Rocky ) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

The Wii launched in late 2006 and died down around 5 years later. 12 year old's are probably the oldest people who will be nostalgic, so tag them at the start of the launch, and 5 year olds are the youngest who will be nostalgic so tag them at the end. I'd say around 24 years old is the right time people begin to get disposable income and become nostalgic for their childhood. So that means you have a "Nostalgia Driven Collectors Hype" range starting from late 2018 and ending around 2030, with the peak probably being around 2024.

I think given the size of the Wii library, there will never be enough collectors who are going for a fullset, meaning there will never be a high value other than for today's hype around it. So if this very post makes it get hyped, then that's probably the only value this game will ever see.

My personal opinion, if you're into making a profit buy now and sell it while the collecting's hot right now, because there will probably never be a sizable nostalgic Wii collecting scene. If you're into gaming, skip the game because it's more than likely another piece of garbage that is the Wii library.

This man gets it.

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:10:35 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
(Ryan Ryan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
I saw the bundle for the wii at every GameStop I went to last Monday. 10+ stores

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:23:07 PM
scaryice (115)
(scary ice) < King Solomon >
Illinois
There might be another Just Dance released next year. Why not?

WTB/WTTF - Famicom carts (54 needed):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Dec 19, 2015 at 9:42:02 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Ive lost all hope that any wii game will ever be rare AND desirable. Its a lost cause.

Well, maybe of course aside from the Netflix game

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:38:59 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
guess it depends how you define desirable.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:40:05 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Rcjdm97

I saw the bundle for the wii at every GameStop I went to last Monday. 10+ stores

Sad that they cant do that for wii u games.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:42:00 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Rocky

This man gets it.

Hes right, only until some kid today grows up and makes a fan favorites list and drops thousands on it.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:51:18 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
XD such a shame! Would of been so much cooler to go out on Rodea! I did pick that up but haven't opened it yet. I didn't realize it was fetching that much money already. Especially since it was available for pre order till almost launch. I remember finally putting in my pre order for it 2 weeks or so before it was released after debating it for a bit. Has anyone here played it yet? I keep hearing the Wii version is better than the Wii U version. Kinda torn on opening it now that it's going for so much :/

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:44:13 AM
LastCat (73)
(Top Cat) < Lolo Lord >
Puerto Rico
Originally posted by: dqualls187

XD such a shame! Would of been so much cooler to go out on Rodea! I did pick that up but haven't opened it yet. I didn't realize it was fetching that much money already. Especially since it was available for pre order till almost launch. I remember finally putting in my pre order for it 2 weeks or so before it was released after debating it for a bit. Has anyone here played it yet? I keep hearing the Wii version is better than the Wii U version. Kinda torn on opening it now that it's going for so much :/
The Wii version is THE best version out there, don't bother with the Wii U version. Don't even look, touch or think about the 3DS version either, it sucks horribly.
I opened my LE edition just to play the Wii version and trust me it's worth it. If you don't want to open it you can always check if gamestop has a pre-owned copy with the wii version included (probably not).

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:53:05 AM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio

This man gets it.
Funny, I thought a game being fun was part of it too. So I apperently collected Zelda on nes due to hype or nostalga, not because it's awesome gameplay wise.
And then there was that Blue Thunder I boguht the other month, a three figure game no one wants and has 0 hype about it, but was the last in the set, and by far the rarest.

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:45:17 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Wario woods was the last NES game released and we all see how that went.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:17:39 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Ozzy_98

Funny, I thought a game being fun was part of it too. So I apperently collected Zelda on nes due to hype or nostalga, not because it's awesome gameplay wise.
And then there was that Blue Thunder I boguht the other month, a three figure game no one wants and has 0 hype about it, but was the last in the set, and by far the rarest.

That's certainly part of it, but there's a metric gigaton of hype and nostalgia surrounding anything and everything Zelda whether you played it as a kid or not. No doubt fun is a factor, but the main driving force behind the collectible nature of this hobby is current hype and nostalgia, otherwise if it was just about fun then the PS1 / PS2 scene would be hotter than the surface of the sun right now.

Rare games can be fun too. Bonk's Adventure, Little Samson, Power Blade 2, Super Star Fox Weekend, Donkey Kong Country Competition, Nintendo World Championships, just to name the few obvious ones.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:22:35 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
Did Nintendo announce that this will be the last game, how do you know there won't be anymore release's?

Playas Guide Logo

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:43:16 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio

That's certainly part of it, but there's a metric gigaton of hype and nostalgia surrounding anything and everything Zelda whether you played it as a kid or not. No doubt fun is a factor, but the main driving force behind the collectible nature of this hobby is current hype and nostalgia, otherwise if it was just about fun then the PS1 / PS2 scene would be hotter than the surface of the sun right now.

Rare games can be fun too. Bonk's Adventure, Little Samson, Power Blade 2, Super Star Fox Weekend, Donkey Kong Country Competition, Nintendo World Championships, just to name the few obvious ones.
How fun a game is, plus how rare it is, are the main driving forces behind the hype though, otherwise it's just another thread\video about a game.  IT it was pure hype due to people "famous" for example, dr. jekyll & mr hyde would be all the rage thanks to avgn. Not many people are nostalgic about bad games for example.

And PS1/PS2 has an advantage.  The PS1 sold about twice the consoles of nes, PS2 sold almost 3 times. Almost 30 million copes of GTA:SA were sold, making it on par with super mario\duck hunt. PS1/2 games are just more common than nes games, so that'll always keep their price down.  

Dec 20, 2015 at 12:55:39 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania

This man gets it.

Fun = Hype and nostalgia. How fun was it the first time you played it? How fun was it the last time you played it? How fun does everyone else think it is? How fun it was when everyone first played it? Did everyone tell you it was fun before you played it? Did you pick up the game in a bargain bin and play it in your cave? Was that the fun part? 

Its nostalgia and hype dude. That's what makes a game fun. If everyone called Zelda complete shit from the get go and it was marketed as a shitty game that only shit heads played, idc if you're the prince of darkness, you wouldn't have found it fun. And if somehow your luciferican soil did enjoy the game, you'd feel shame from feeling so much fun from a game that everyone else explicitly calls a piece of terd.  

The he aruement is cute and we all think you're just the cutest thing for playing devils advocate. But don't play yourself. It's pretty obvious you're drawing straws and frankly it's kind of sad :/

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:16:02 PM
Ozzy_98 (8)
< Bowser >
Ohio
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Fun = Hype and nostalgia. How fun was it the first time you played it? How fun was it the last time you played it? How fun does everyone else think it is? How fun it was when everyone first played it? Did everyone tell you it was fun before you played it? Did you pick up the game in a bargain bin and play it in your cave? Was that the fun part? 

Its nostalgia and hype dude. That's what makes a game fun. If everyone called Zelda complete shit from the get go and it was marketed as a shitty game that only shit heads played, idc if you're the prince of darkness, you wouldn't have found it fun. And if somehow your luciferican soil did enjoy the game, you'd feel shame from feeling so much fun from a game that everyone else explicitly calls a piece of terd.  

The he aruement is cute and we all think you're just the cutest thing for playing devils advocate. But don't play yourself. It's pretty obvious you're drawing straws and frankly it's kind of sad :/
Are you honestly saying nostalgia makes a game fun, or that sarcasam? Hard to tell with you.

But yes, Zelda was fun when I first played it, before people told me it was fun.  My grandma bought it for me for Christmas, so I played it before anyone told me about it.  I'm a big boy who can decide what's fun on my own, hence my list of mame games for Magus that no one ever talks about but are all awesome. 

And for the record, I'm also one who likes ET.  With the exception of the whole "space ship won't land with the FBI guy on the screen" bs, I have no issues with this game, dispite it's hype.  And I think superman on atari is worse than on n64, but they both suck balls, as does rise of the robots.

Also, I collect C64 stuff.  The average C64 game is about $20, with a ton of them $50-100+. There's no C64 collecting hype, at least none I see. I don't think "Oh, I should buy forbidden forest cause people talk about it", I bought it cause it's fucking awesome, and was made by cosmi of all people.  Mother fuckin cosmi, the shovelware people of the 2000s, and I find that to be awesome.  I collect demon attack stuff because it has some of the best cover artwork ever; silver flying godzillas with missles.  There's no hype, no nostalgia (The game actually scared the crap out of me as a kid and I hated it; go figure), just I like what was produced and I want a copy of it to look at when needed.