Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Small Scores Thread / Mail Day Arrivals - part 2

Mar 11, 2017 at 9:56:35 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I went to PAX East today in Boston for the day. I was walking around the expo hall visiting the various video game merchant booths. One of the local game store booths had a single RetroUSB AVS console on the high shelf. I've been interested in picking one up, so my interest was piqued provided the price wasn't too gougy. Unlike all the other consoles at the booth, the AVS was missing a price sticker:

Me: "Hey, how much for the AVS?"
Booth Guy: "Hmm.. I'm not sure, lemme ask the other guys."
::Steps aside to confer with coworkers for a minute. I can tell no one remembers what it was originally priced at::
Booth Guy: "How about $175?"
Me: "Sold!"

First time at a con I picked up a new console for under retail price!

-------------------------
My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Edited: 03/11/2017 at 10:19 PM by teh lurv

Mar 11, 2017 at 10:45:38 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: teh lurv

I went to PAX East today in Boston for the day. I was walking around the expo hall visiting the various video game merchant booths. One of the local game store booths had a single RetroUSB AVS console on the high shelf. I've been interested in picking one up, so my interest was piqued provided the price wasn't too gougy. Unlike all the other consoles at the booth, the AVS was missing a price sticker:

Me: "Hey, how much for the AVS?"
Booth Guy: "Hmm.. I'm not sure, lemme ask the other guys."
::Steps aside to confer with coworkers for a minute. I can tell no one remembers what it was originally priced at::
Booth Guy: "How about $175?"
Me: "Sold!"

First time at a con I picked up a new console for under retail price!

Wow. Funny they could not remember what they originally paid for it. Their laziness was your win!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:56:10 PM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
I saw this Mechwarrior 3050 display box listed as just a regular box and picked up a sealed Clayfighter TE for a fair price  

Mar 25, 2017 at 8:08:43 AM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Some recent finds:

I think I have another one of those Ending Man (STD) Famiclones lying around, and would be willing to sell it if anyone is interested. Go Pikachu Go Color (The GB Hack) is also a duplicate, but the others stay in my collection / archives.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:01:47 AM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
I received a sealed Bayer Didget glucose meter in the mail for $50.
What does that have to do with gaming?
It's the only way to get a CIB/Sealed copy of Knock Em Down World's Fair for the DS.
Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:29:48 AM
andrew244 (42)
(Xevious Freak) < Meka Chicken >
South Carolina
My subdivision had it's spring 'community yard sale' today. Less than a dozen houses actually participated, and there wasn't much of anything interesting. Barely anything gaming or computer related, but I was able to score a nice little box of 2600 games for $3:

Nintendo Power progress: 103/285

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:01:24 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Today was pretty cool. It was the first time I went garage saling this year and there was a subdivision sale about 15 minutes from me. Now, I haven't found cheap NES or SNES games in the wild in years now. So, imagine my surprise when I spot a stack of cartridges with a "make offer" sticker on there. I quickly go and grab the stack and notice some gems and some crap. Started giving me 2008 flashbacks. Sweet. I go and take them to the seller. We negotiate and he says he wants $15 for them. Done and done  . Not a killer score, but got Super Metroid and Final Fantasy III in there, so easily a win. I also still needed FFIII so that's going straight to the collection. I also picked up a 2DS for $30 and a PS2 game I was lacking for $2 that are both going to the collection. 

Let's Go Penguins!

Apr 10, 2017 at 3:20:28 PM
Retro808 (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Hawaii
Yesterday's scores at my local flea market. Paid $3-$5 each game

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:27:52 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
I hardly can find this many great condition games anymore at a reasonable price. 3 with cello are sealed and from a different source than the others

Edited: 04/12/2017 at 12:59 AM by alekx

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:24:31 PM
VGS_fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Got this one last week:

I already have it, great game, can't believe the price increased so much since I had gotten my first copy (back in 2002 or so). From $10 to $80, lol. Think I'll be a bastard and have two of these in my collection, LOL.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

May 6, 2017 at 3:20:01 PM
FritzWhite (5)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
I haven't hit garage sales in at least a year so I decided to get out there again last week and today. I had a major DOH! moment on both outings when I left items behind.

Last week I picked up the Wii console with the 3 games for $3 but forgot to bring the controller..

Today I bought the NES games and boxes. Some of the boxes are complete, some are just box and manual missing the game. The gameboy is only the box and inserts, no system. I scored all of the NES stuff for $110 and left behind a good condition Zapper gun box with inserts.  :'(

Edit: dang, I just realized something else. The guy at the garage sale had a Legend of Zelda Gameboy Advance with the box in perfect condition. He said it wasn't available in the US. I had no idea how much it was worth and offered $40 which he turned down. It seems to be quite valuable... damn.

May 20, 2017 at 11:11:32 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I hit a charity multi-family yard sale this morning and I was able to pick off some of the video gaming stuff for sale there:

TG16 console + 2 controllers + multitap for $40. See loser weepers on what happened to the games that belonged to this console.

Atari 2600 + 76 games + 6 controllers/joysticks = Haggled the price to $80. The lot had a bunch of more obscure titles that caught my interest. I figured I can sell any doubles + console and get back what I paid.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

May 26, 2017 at 2:27:40 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Got a call from my Dad today at his local thrift store and he said he was standing in front of a box of Nintendo 64 carts in pretty good shape that were all $5 a piece but he wasn't sure what they were worth, so he listed them off to me. I told him to take the Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64.

May 28, 2017 at 10:56:11 AM
WATA GRADED WEBSITE (79)
(I've lost my television remote do you know where i Should look?) < King Solomon >
British Columbia
Parappa the rappa 1 & 2 complete. Picked them up yesterday at Vancouver retro games expo

I lost my television remote, have you seen it?

May 29, 2017 at 9:42:05 PM
NESking80 (15)
(Chris aka inspector Callahan ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
Want to a small flea market today and found all this for $21, the DS game is brain age 2 and I got it for 3, the rest I got in a box for $18. I was a bit confused as I found a RF adapter for n64, a RF cable for NES, super Nintendo controllers, and a bunch of PlayStation stuff.

Edited: 05/29/2017 at 09:43 PM by NESking80

Jun 3, 2017 at 5:20:30 PM
NESking80 (15)
Michigan
Scored Nigel mansell's world championship racing and Rambo on NES for $6!

Edited: 06/03/2017 at 05:22 PM by NESking80

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:26:46 AM
The Book Crusader (1)
(Marcus Anderson) < Little Mac >
Virginia
Mailman just handed me my package. Opening it made me feel like I was nine years old again (only then, I had a kiwi colored one). If I could score a copy of the original Pokemon Red, I'd really be living the nostalgic dream. 

In loving memory of my Stump Smash (Giants version) figures—recieved sometime in June of 2017, foolisly sold on June 16, 2017 after assuming that I had another Stump Smash (Giants version) at home. Spoiler alert: I did have another Stump Smash...but he was the Spyro's Adventure version!

Let this be a lesson to all: always check the color on the bottom of the figure, because a non-duplicate can slip away from even a guy with autism who meticulously sorted through every single figure he owned for duplicates. 

Jun 9, 2017 at 7:25:57 PM
yecul (17)

(Cameron ) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Helped a friend pick up an arcade game and the seller has these laying around. Not bad parting gifts for me.

Conkers condom and jet grind standee.

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:21:22 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: The Book Crusader

Mailman just handed me my package. Opening it made me feel like I was nine years old again (only then, I had a kiwi colored one). If I could score a copy of the original Pokemon Red, I'd really be living the nostalgic dream. 

I had the kiwi one too   still have my original one from when I was a kid

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:11:36 AM
NESking80 (15)
Michigan
got some good scores garage sailing today

super smash bros melee and nfs u2 were $2 each and the n64 gameboy transfer pak was 10 cents.

all the other stuff i got for $5, the guy just wanted the stuff gone so he gave me a deal!

Edited: 06/10/2017 at 11:15 AM by NESking80

Jun 11, 2017 at 1:07:58 AM
The Book Crusader (1)
Virginia
Originally posted by: Bert

Originally posted by: The Book Crusader

I had the kiwi one too   still have my original one from when I was a kid

I wish I still had mine (threw it out when it stopped working). If nothing else, it would have made a nice display on a shelf. 

I also had a good day of yard saling—for both gaming and non-gaming merchandise.

A quarter a piece:  

Bought along with some Ninja Turtle action figures and a hanging artificial fern for $2.50 (Hello Kitty wasn't part of the deal; she just wanted to be in the photo):

I was worried the game might not work, thankfully:

Should I keep my Gameboy on me from now on, so that I will never have to worry if I'm purchasing a defective cartridge? 

In loving memory of my Stump Smash (Giants version) figures—recieved sometime in June of 2017, foolisly sold on June 16, 2017 after assuming that I had another Stump Smash (Giants version) at home. Spoiler alert: I did have another Stump Smash...but he was the Spyro's Adventure version!

Let this be a lesson to all: always check the color on the bottom of the figure, because a non-duplicate can slip away from even a guy with autism who meticulously sorted through every single figure he owned for duplicates. 

Edited: 06/11/2017 at 02:35 AM by The Book Crusader

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:45:56 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
While I was out doing errands Sunday afternoon, I decided to stop at a random yard sale that was getting ready to close up shop. It must've been my lucky day, as the family had a bunch of Wii, DS, & 360 games that hadn't been picked over yet. Paid $35 for the lot I picked out.

Edited: 06/12/2017 at 02:44 PM by teh lurv

Jun 21, 2017 at 11:09:56 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
After having a really terrible week, it was nice to luck upon this game for $3.50 at a Savers:

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:48:51 AM
arnpoly (110)
(Aaron ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: teh lurv

After having a really terrible week, it was nice to luck upon this game for $3.50 at a Savers:

That probably deserves its own thread.  Great find!

Take On The NES Library!
NES Games Finished: 136
--------------------------------------------------
Next Game: #137 - Shadowgate
Latest Post - 10/11/19 - #130 - Bad Street Brawler
--------------------------------------------------
Website | NA Thread | YouTube | Twitter | Twitch

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:54:42 AM
The Book Crusader (1)
Virginia
Can't wait to eat this big box of Goldfish.

These are some weird looking cheese crackers...