NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Banned / Suspended Users

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:53:58 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
I think I already know the answer to this question, but I figured I'd ask anyway:

Would it be possible to have a list of banned/suspended users (and maybe a reason of why)? I know for me, it would've helped me out twice as 2 private runs of stuff I've done, a person was banned on both accounts, and I didn't know until much later, so some PM's and such never made it to those people.

Now, if this is in some way some form of cyber bullying, I can see why it would be a problem to have, but if not, I think it would be nice to see a list. Maybe it will even get some people to clean up their acts to know the mods and admins don't take shit from nobody

-------------------------
Proud owner of post #1800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:01:06 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
And it sounds like a fun read.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:03:33 AM
Weston_Uchiha (5)
(Weston Uchiha) < Crack Trooper >
Colorado
I think having a list that showed "mods and admins dont take shit from nobody" Would be a horrible thing.
I mean imagine seeing all the people that get banned for the reason of "I did not like him" or "I was butthurt about something he did/said"
All it would do is make NA look like a place where you cant do or say anything to anyone in a position of power or else they take away all the rights they can possibly take from you.
I mean you would not want to have a job like that, or go to a school like that, Or live in a government like that, why would you be part of a forum like that?

Ever wanted a custom painted controller or console?
Come check me out at Facebook.com/RocketCustoms

Edited: 08/27/2013 at 11:04 AM by Weston_Uchiha

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:07:08 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Weston_Uchiha

I think having a list that showed "mods and admins dont take shit from nobody" Would be a horrible thing.
I mean imagine seeing all the people that get banned for the reason of "I did not like him" or "I was butthurt about something he did/said"
All it would do is make NA look like a place where you cant do or say anything to anyone in a position of power or else they take away all the rights they can possibly take from you.
I mean you would not want to have a job like that, or go to a school like that, Or live in a government like that, why would you be part of a forum like that?
If we did have such a list, there would be zero people on it that were banned for your two highlighted reasons.

NA doesn't run like that.   People get banned for scamming, repeatedly breaking rules, ignoring Mod warnings about breaking said rules, etc.   Not because "we don't like them".

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:19:12 AM
Weston_Uchiha (5)
Colorado
I am not saying the website runs like that. I have not been a member for long anf the mods for the most part seem very nice and helpful. but you cant say that it has never happened.

Edited: 08/27/2013 at 11:19 AM by Weston_Uchiha

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:21:00 AM
Myriad of Caltrons (4)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Just Guess ) < Crack Trooper >
United States
Interesting idea but helpful.

Searching for Little Samson. I will find you.                                                                                                                                          Top wants:Little samson, Flintsones 2, star fox super weekend, Earthboundm and Sculptors cut.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  If anyone owns a game store and has rares. If you are willing to trade for lots of commons please pm me.                                                                                

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:21:45 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

I am not saying the website runs like that. I have not been a member for long anf the mods for the most part seem very nice and helpful. but you cant say that it has never happened.

Hasn't happened in the several years that I've been a mod, and I can't find any evidence of it happening before that.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:23:28 AM
Weston_Uchiha (5)
Colorado
I guess that answers this question then, there must be a list if you know everyone how has been banned in the last several years.
Or you just have a really good memory.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:27:58 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky

I guess that answers this question then, there must be a list if you know everyone how has been banned in the last several years.
Or you just have a really good memory.
I'm not sure what boards you've been on previously, but the mods here are some of the most professional you'll find on the internet. Very "by the book" and always read well into situations before passing a judgement.

I wager that there is a list somewhere. With Names and IP addresses.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:36:37 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Its searchable in the database (as opposed to their being a "list") but its not public information and unless I'm in the minority it won't be any time soon. I just don't think its really anyone's business with all respect to the OP.

If there is an issue with PM's not making it to banned users and you not having any notification of such, then we might be able to see if that can be coded into the website ( an auto notify if you pm someone who is banned) but I can't guarantee without looking into it to see if its possible (I'm not tech savvy).   I will bring it up and see what can be done.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 08/27/2013 at 11:38 AM by Bronty

Aug 27, 2013 at 12:26:14 PM
OutbackPanda (217)
(Bulldog ) < Lolo Lord >
United States
I think this would be an interesting read, and provide some type of tangible accountability to people accusing the mods of strange NA politics/etc. I don't see a downside--is there one? Aside from being a bit of a pain in the but to put up and moderate, I suppose.

I've had similar instances like dra600n has had--with people not receiving messages, not having another way to contact them, etc. One of the two were resolved after I found his alias via reddit, the other left unresolved, of course.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:29:03 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Bronty

Its searchable in the database (as opposed to their being a "list") but its not public information and unless I'm in the minority it won't be any time soon. I just don't think its really anyone's business with all respect to the OP.

If there is an issue with PM's not making it to banned users and you not having any notification of such, then we might be able to see if that can be coded into the website ( an auto notify if you pm someone who is banned) but I can't guarantee without looking into it to see if its possible (I'm not tech savvy).   I will bring it up and see what can be done.

Well if someone was banned for scamming, I think it would be all of our business to watch out for future actions by said person, either under a different alias or not. Let's face it - not everyone reads the Hall of Shame (which is on the member), so it could be beneficial.

Of course, I didn't expect this list to come to fruition, but I figured it can't hurt to ask

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:00:46 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I would enjoy some transparency but don't really expect it either. It would just open up the forums to much more clutter. Look no further than JAAMMEESSNNEESS, when people were calling a spade a spade, a bunch of NAers felt the need to chime in with their good news stories and even criticize people for thinking James could do any scamming whatsoever. It was ridiculous.

Just imagine that everytime someone is banned. "But I had great deals with him, he hooked me up plenty of times!" Would just be a huge mess in the long run.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:05:36 PM
derekellis (11)
(Derek Ellis) < El Ripper >
Connecticut
make a Wall of Shame?

The Few, The Proud, The Marines.
1999-2004
www.facebook.com/derekellis81

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:09:40 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
A reason why someone is banned never helps, just starts debates that won't end. However there should be some sort of notification when you try to pm/trade/whatever with someone that doesn't exist anymore. Could be as simple as an icon too.

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:21:11 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
It could be one of those slick easter egg messages too. Like "User xxxx is on a bit of an extended vacation... I wouldn't hold your breath expecting a reply!"

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 28, 2013 at 1:28:14 AM
suzukirider89 (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Crack Trooper >
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

If we did have such a list, there would be zero people on it that were banned for your two highlighted reasons.

NA doesn't run like that.   People get banned for scamming, repeatedly breaking rules, ignoring Mod warnings about breaking said rules, etc.   Not because "we don't like them".

No meaning to sound like an ass I'm just curious. Has anybody just said "hey collectors are stupid" and yall banned them for that? Seems like that might happen if someone was pissed at the forums or something.

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:38:05 AM
Segertar (125)
(T. F.) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Don't see any "I was butthurt.." postings. Seriously though, the mods try there best to weed out the losers in the bunch. You can basically say what you want and not have to worry about the ban-hammer.

Personally I think NA should only have one rule: Don't be a dick.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:57:19 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Originally posted by: Segertar

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...

Don't see any "I was butthurt.." postings. Seriously though, the mods try there best to weed out the losers in the bunch. You can basically say what you want and not have to worry about the ban-hammer.

Personally I think NA should only have one rule: Don't be a dick.

If that rule existed, I'd be banned lol

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:06:58 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Originally posted by: suzukirider89

No meaning to sound like an ass I'm just curious. Has anybody just said "hey collectors are stupid" and yall banned them for that? Seems like that might happen if someone was pissed at the forums or something.

ummm NO it doesn't happen like that.

Edited: 08/28/2013 at 09:23 AM by NewUser123456789

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:32:09 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Out of curiosity, aside from Bronty, none of the mods and admins have chimed in with their thoughts on this. Is this something being considered, or are the mods and admins letting this stay open for the discussion portion?

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:56:38 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio
Originally posted by: dra600n

Out of curiosity, aside from Bronty, none of the mods and admins have chimed in with their thoughts on this. Is this something being considered, or are the mods and admins letting this stay open for the discussion portion?

Aside from the HOS list for the ones tossed for scamming, I doubt you'll see any kind of other public list.  The points Jone made with the JJAAMMEESSNNEESS fiasco kinda sums up my thoughts on it.

But I do like the idea of getting a notification of some type if you try to PM someone that isn't a current member, just not sure if it's possible.

As far as letting this topic stay open, didn't see a reason to lock?   Some good stuff coming out so far for both sides of the equation and staying civil.

Aug 28, 2013 at 10:04:38 AM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut

Originally posted by: dra600n

Aside from the HOS list for the ones tossed for scamming, I doubt you'll see any kind of other public list.  The points Jone made with the JJAAMMEESSNNEESS fiasco kinda sums up my thoughts on it.

But I do like the idea of getting a notification of some type if you try to PM someone that isn't a current member, just not sure if it's possible.

As far as letting this topic stay open, didn't see a reason to lock?   Some good stuff coming out so far for both sides of the equation and staying civil.

Understandable about the whole JJAAMMEESSNNEESS fiasco. What if it was a locked topic that only mods and admins can edit to update the list, and make a rule or policy of some sort to not post topics in regards to the banned/suspended users? If you guys still think that would cause issues, then I won't ask any other methods or ideas about it

I also don't want to create more work for the mod squad, so if this would be more effort than it's worth, I understand. And thanks for keeping it open, some good ideas and discussion has come up in here.

Mar 10, 2014 at 12:06:27 PM
dra600n (300)
(Adym \m/) < Bonk >
Connecticut
Woo! Looks like this happened! Thanks BA for letting me know

Mar 10, 2014 at 1:13:57 PM
Jobber8742 (185)
(Jeff Kilgard) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
I do get a kick out of the fact that two banned members posted in this thread. Nice additions with these new avatars for deadbeats.

"I'm not a nerd, I'm a video game enthusiast"