Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Is it possible to add a section for PCB pictures?

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:50:57 PM
BiggerBluer (2)
< Little Mac >
Arkansas
When I am checking off games from my lists I tend to check the photos of the game carts to make sure I am buying the right items. My quesion is: is it possible to add a section for PCB or "board" pictures? My thinking is that if we have a location to verify to cover a cartridge then why not have the same location to verify the insides as well? I know it would be time consuming to gather all the photos and verify them but I think for future collecting it could save a lot of headaches. I personally do not want to buy/have fake games and if I had a location to verify then I would feel a lot better. Thank you for your time.

-------------------------
Game Boy Collection:240/506

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:52:41 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: BiggerBluer

When I am checking off games from my lists I tend to check the photos of the game carts to make sure I am buying the right items. My quesion is: is it possible to add a section for PCB or "board" pictures? My thinking is that if we have a location to verify to cover a cartridge then why not have the same location to verify the insides as well? I know it would be time consuming to gather all the photos and verify them but I think for future collecting it could save a lot of headaches. I personally do not want to buy/have fake games and if I had a location to verify then I would feel a lot better. Thank you for your time.

You're welcome.

http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/...

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:00:16 PM
BiggerBluer (2)
< Little Mac >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Mega Tank

You're welcome. http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/  
This is very useful but if I am not mistaken does it only cover NES games? I know those are the majority that people collect on this forum but what if.... big what if... we had sections for consoles like Sega, gameboy, snes, etc. It would take a large team but with some hard work it could be possible. I would help with whatever needs to be done.

Edit: I see that other websites cover snes/nes but things like sega and gameboy would be amazing to have a database for.

Edited: 04/20/2017 at 11:02 PM by BiggerBluer

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:05:12 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
You don't necessarily need to compare to a known real copy to judge.

Open up a cart. Any cart. Look at the code on the chip and compare it to the code on the label. Match? Legit.

There's a thread somewhere that goes into more detail but I can't for the life of me find it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:09:19 PM
BiggerBluer (2)
< Little Mac >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Bert

Open up a cart. Any cart. Look at the code on the chip and compare it to the code on the label. Match? Legit.

There's a thread somewhere that goes into more detail but I can't for the life of me find it.
I didnt know about this  OO

My life has changed!
Thank you!

Edit: but in theory is it possible for a factory in china/anywhere to pump out these boards to have the same id numbers?

I am grasping staws here but I just want to prevent massive fakes from happening in the future

Edited: 04/20/2017 at 11:13 PM by BiggerBluer

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:12:19 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States

This? http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:18:34 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Edit: but in theory is it possible for a factory in china/anywhere to pump out these boards to have the same id numbers?

A factory with that much in resources won't be wasting money producing fake NES games.

Small operations will have noticeable differences from genuine articles (such as the use of EEPROMs instead of mask ROMs.)

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:19:50 PM
BiggerBluer (2)
< Little Mac >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: Tulpa

A factory with that much in resources won't be wasting money producing fake NES games.

Small operations will have noticeable differences from genuine articles (such as the use of EEPROMs instead of mask ROMs.)

Good point.

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:21:16 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

I didnt know about this  OO

My life has changed!
Thank you!

I am grasping staws here but I just want to prevent massive fakes from happening in the future

Mega Tank linked the thread, read guntz' post there. It'll tell you everything you need to know. There's more to look at besides the code

Originally posted by: Mega Tank

This? http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadi...

that's the one. Could use a solid resticky on that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Apr 20, 2017 at 11:24:01 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
If you're buying high dollar games, never purchase one without the buyer providing pictures of the board inside (along with a piece of paper with their ebay name and a date or something, anything that won't show up in a stock photo.)

A tougher issue is a game with a legit board but a fake label. You kind of have to know what the legit one looks like, what kind of gloss they have, tell-tale scissor cuts on fake labels, etc.