NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Tim Atwood Collection™

LOCKED TOPIC

Jun 17 at 11:48:55 AM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
I enlisted a team of monks and poets to create an illuminated manuscript for him expounding on the length and girth of his member. If it doesn't arrive in a timely manner blame USPS.

Jun 17 at 1:14:11 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: MinusWorlds

Originally posted by: ExplodedHamster

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Don't think hes going to give you guys anything for free, but good luck

He ain't, but people been shitting on him for years because he was smart enough to buy a lot of shit cheap and sit on it. Free market baby.

The funny part is he DID give people stuff for free. And then people still shat on him because it wasn’t a super rare or valuable game. Haters gonna hate 

Everytime he shows up, people start kissing his ass because they think they are going to get a free signed game. They also act like he is some savant who is going to save game collecting. 

Hes just a guy that bought a bunch of games and sat on them. Other than that, nothing really matters. 

Jun 17 at 3:11:31 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
I disagree, I think Tim did something that is still having a big impact on this hobby. It didn't take a lot of skill but he's still important in the preservation of one of the rarest licensed NES games and one of the only ways to complete a sealed collection. It's a super interesting story and I would love to sit down with him and hear all about it.
I'm also not looking for free games, I just think it's cool what he did and what it represents for us.

Jun 17 at 4:32:30 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
I read his story on an ESPN article (odd it was in ESPN) it was more about Stadium Events and the way he found his. It's nuts that all those years ago he grabbed up a pallet of games and just kept it, not really thinking anything of it. It's a really cool story, never met the guy myself but I'm sure I'd just ask the same questions all the other people do lol

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/...

Jun 17 at 5:12:43 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: bootload

I disagree, I think Tim did something that is still having a big impact on this hobby. It didn't take a lot of skill but he's still important in the preservation of one of the rarest licensed NES games and one of the only ways to complete a sealed collection. It's a super interesting story and I would love to sit down with him and hear all about it.
I'm also not looking for free games, I just think it's cool what he did and what it represents for us.

So many dream items in his collection that I would just love to have a copy of one day.

Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Ice Clumber, Popeye, Wrecking Crew, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and all 4 black box Donkey Kongs...are probably just the favorites of mine his Black Box/Silver Box stuff.

He's got all the Castlevania, Mega Man, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Metal Gears, Contra's, R.C. Pro-Ams, Mario's, and Zeldas.

Then he's got grails...my god he's got grails.

Metal Storm, Jetsons, Tournament Fighters, Swamp Thing, Rockin Kats, Panic Restaurant, MUSCLE, Ninja kid, Mighty Final Fight, Kid Klown, Godzilla 2, Gargoyle's Quest, Fire & Ice, Dragon Warrior 2, 3, and 4, Die Hard, Chubby Cherub, Cowboy Kid, Pro Sport Hocket, Power Blade 2, Bucky OHare, Bubbe Bobble 2, Sqoon, Snow Brothers, Widget, Wayne's World, Bonk's Adventure, Wacky Races......oh and of course Stadium Events.

In terms of "Top 50" Licensed USA games, he's only missing Zombie Nation, Dragon Fighter, FFF Athletic World, Sword Master, Gun Nac, Stack Up, and SCAT.

I'm enthusiastic for the eventual release of these one day and only hope someone like me can even have the opportunity to get at least one thing.

-------------------------

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jun 17 at 6:25:18 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Originally posted by: bootload

So many dream items in his collection that I would just love to have a copy of one day.

Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Ice Clumber, Popeye, Wrecking Crew, Metroid, Kid Icarus, and all 4 black box Donkey Kongs...are probably just the favorites of mine his Black Box/Silver Box stuff.

He's got all the Castlevania, Mega Man, Duck Tales, Rescue Rangers, Metal Gears, Contra's, R.C. Pro-Ams, Mario's, and Zeldas.

Then he's got grails...my god he's got grails.

Metal Storm, Jetsons, Tournament Fighters, Swamp Thing, Rockin Kats, Panic Restaurant, MUSCLE, Ninja kid, Mighty Final Fight, Kid Klown, Godzilla 2, Gargoyle's Quest, Fire & Ice, Dragon Warrior 2, 3, and 4, Die Hard, Chubby Cherub, Cowboy Kid, Pro Sport Hocket, Power Blade 2, Bucky OHare, Bubbe Bobble 2, Sqoon, Snow Brothers, Widget, Wayne's World, Bonk's Adventure, Wacky Races......oh and of course Stadium Events.

In terms of "Top 50" Licensed USA games, he's only missing Zombie Nation, Dragon Fighter, FFF Athletic World, Sword Master, Gun Nac, Stack Up, and SCAT.

I'm enthusiastic for the eventual release of these one day and only hope someone like me can even have the opportunity to get at least one thing.

As someone going for a complete set, I think the one I'd like most out of that list is Cowboy Kid. I know there are less common boxes and games but that one has a specific poster inside that would be murder to find on its own. All the others have pretty generic inserts and won't be as hard to find, except for the Bandai insert in Stadium Events but that's a pipe dream.

Otherwise I'd be more excited to open the ones that have never been documented so I can get the codes off the inserts and finally have a more complete listing of what came with each game. That way we can all know for sure when piecing them together ourselves. Right now all we have is what Mike has opened.

Just having the uncommon games for the fame and fortune doesn't really interest me that much.

Jun 18 at 6:11:54 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Thats actually not as much as I thought. Let down

Hes just showing off. By making a thread you are giving him the attention he wants. He's done stuff like this a multiple times now. He isnt going to sell anything. I dont hate the guy. I dont love the guy. Just kind of annoying at this point.  Comes off as just a petty bitter old person.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 06:22 PM by quest4nes

Jun 18 at 7:45:57 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Hes just showing off. By making a thread you are giving him the attention he wants. He's done stuff like this a multiple times now. He isnt going to sell anything. I dont hate the guy. I dont love the guy. Just kind of annoying at this point.  Comes off as just a petty bitter old person.

Insulting him usually makes things better though, good call...

Jun 18 at 8:35:57 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: B.A.

well i mean im not insulting anyone. saying someone is looking for attention, and a petty grumpy old man are just observations on the way he has acted around here.

i thought the 290k starting bid pickup only made this one a pretty obvious.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 08:46 PM by quest4nes

Jun 18 at 10:02:57 PM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California

well i mean im not insulting anyone. saying someone is looking for attention, and a petty grumpy old man are just observations on the way he has acted around here.

It does smack a bit of showing off -- selling nothing for so long and then suddenly selling an enormous lot like this that only a museum or corporation would ever buy.  There's no collector bigger than Tim Atwood out there who's going to buy all this.  If he really wanted to sell it, he would have sold it piecemeal.  But eh, I don't know the guy at all, only what people on this website say about him.

Jun 18 at 10:09:13 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
(Fudge Tastic) < King Solomon >
U.S. Virgin Islands

You do realize he’s already sold over 700 games this year, right? And he’s received offers in the six figures on this lot. He’s not grumpy. He’s moving on with his life. This lot will sell. For what price, who knows?  But saying he’s grumpy, old, petty,or doing it for attention just makes you look salty. 

Have you bothered to add all this up? No? Well fair market is over $200k. 

Jun 18 at 10:14:05 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

You do realize he’s already sold over 700 games this year, right? And he’s received offers in the six figures on this lot. He’s not grumpy. He’s moving on with his life. This lot will sell. For what price, who knows?  But saying he’s grumpy, old, petty,or doing it for attention just makes you look salty. 

Id like to see a breakdown. Im not seeing 200k. I clicked on it all.

even so 290k? no paypal pickup only? He is trying to get over market value on a bulk lot like this? If its not for attention this is a pretty poor way to sell it.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 10:14 PM by quest4nes

Jun 18 at 10:21:03 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

even so 290k? no paypal pickup only? He is trying to get over market value on a bulk lot like this? If its not for attention this is a pretty poor way to sell it.

I’m not going into details but there is a very serious offer on the table. Paying in cash and picking up. How else are you going to do this deal? There is way too much stuff to ship and PayPal gets very complicated when you are talking this kind of money. 

There are are a lot of collectors with unbelievably deep pockets. The last lot he sold was the same requirements. Cash or equivalent and pickup only. And that’s precisely how it went down. 

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 10:23 PM by MinusWorlds

Jun 18 at 10:25:41 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I’m not going into details but there is a very serious offer on the table. Paying in cash and picking up. How else are you going to do this deal? There is way too much stuff to ship and PayPal gets very complicated when you are talking this kind of money. 

There are are a lot of collectors with unbelievably deep pockets. The last lot he sold was the same requirements. Cash or equivalent and pickup only. And that’s precisely how it went down. 

anyone buying this is selling it. there is no way on earth someone would pay 200k for this much random. Someones going to drop the equivalent of a house on this lot? Just doubt it

I get it its your friend. You are defending him. I dont really care. Im just kinda tired of this dude and his games. When he was on here he didnt come across as a very fun or nice person. I said nothing to him in one of his threads and he called me out on some NA rant blog. I literally re read the thread and I didnt even say anything to him or to anyone else. I was actually saying how I dont see how this is that impactful to game prices. Temporary sealed dip. Thats about it.  He was salty AF in that thread and the community in general. His diatribe breakdown he wrote on that blog he linked. He really came off as a grumpy old man.

I seriously dont care about him or his games. Do I wish I had his games? um yea everyone would, but thats not the reason I dont particularly care for him. His attitude rubbed me the wrong way.  Im actually tired of this conversation now lol.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 10:35 PM by quest4nes

Jun 18 at 10:34:37 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

anyone buying this is selling it. there is no way on earth someone would pay 200k for this much random.

I get it its your friend. You are defending him. I dont really care. Im just kinda tired of this dude and his games

You’re salty. We get it. Don’t know why but you are 100% entitled to your opinion. However, I assure you he’s serious about selling. I know he’s done some things that rubbed people the wrong way. And yes he’s my friend, but I can see why it did. 

This is really no different than any other lot. Just on a much grander scale. You buy the lot, keep what you want, sell the rest to recoup some costs. It amazes me people have the coin to drop on something like this but there are a handful of people that are serious about buying. 

Jun 18 at 10:37:37 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Salty about what? I know plenty of people who have awesome collections I dont have that I like. Its not his games that makes me not really like tim atwood. His own words did that.

You are just offended because I called your friend a grumpy old man. I could have said other stuff. I kept it pretty nice lol.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jun 18 at 11:00:01 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
I would add its against ebay policy to post links, and in their new user agreement they can bill you for circumventing ebay. Just saying, he doesnt seem to be up to date on current ebay. 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/18/2019 at 11:00 PM by quest4nes

Jun 18 at 11:02:34 PM
MinusWorlds (72)
U.S. Virgin Islands

I would add its against ebay policy to post links, and in their new user agreement they can bill you for circumventing ebay. Just saying, he doesnt seem to be up to date on current ebay. 

You talk about Tim being bitter and petty... 

Anything else? No? Good. 

Jun 18 at 11:58:19 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
WSo his ps4 posts are duplicates, and the wii and zelda are the same list. Going through the lists quickly and glancing at the pics. Its kinda sloppily done for something so expensive. 

I did a very quick add of just the total items. Came to 2,736

So at his asking price thats about 105 per item.

At 200k that is 73 per item

At 100k that is slightly over 36 per item.

So I dont know about 200k being a good selling price for anyone looking to sell this stuff. There are a quite a few really nice things in there. But then there are like 23 copies of a Metal Gear DVD that is worth 7 shipped. Alot of value diluting stuff in there too.

Just like dain's stuff, the dude bought it to primarily sell. No one is going to buy all this to keep. There wouldnt be enough to recoup if you kept all the best stuff. To sell this, youd have to start basically a business due to the volume.

At 100k it probably has resell value, but at 200k or his asking price of 290k? thats a little much. If he wants this much value for it? I just dont see anyone sniffing that.

So a store owner buying this? Youd better have a primo location in a large city because I dont see moving sealed stuff that easily. An Online person, you look at things like those collectors editions. Yeah some are probably worth 75-125 dollars. But its going to cost you 20-30-50 just to ship it so those also would hurt your avg cost per item when purchasing in bulk.

If someone was buying this to keep stuff then  not much of this is hard to find for sale. If they just wanted some then they could just buy what they wanted and not have 6 figures worth of stuff to sell to recoup 6 figures. I dont reslly see any one of a kind things in here. This is a resellers lot.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/19/2019 at 03:03 AM by quest4nes

Jun 19 at 5:29:13 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
I'd be curious if whoever buys this lot would have deep enough pockets to go for the real goods almost like buying his good graces!!!

Jun 19 at 8:16:36 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

WSo his ps4 posts are duplicates, and the wii and zelda are the same list. Going through the lists quickly and glancing at the pics. Its kinda sloppily done for something so expensive. 

I did a very quick add of just the total items. Came to 2,736

So at his asking price thats about 105 per item.

At 200k that is 73 per item

At 100k that is slightly over 36 per item.

So I dont know about 200k being a good selling price for anyone looking to sell this stuff. There are a quite a few really nice things in there. But then there are like 23 copies of a Metal Gear DVD that is worth 7 shipped. Alot of value diluting stuff in there too.

Just like dain's stuff, the dude bought it to primarily sell. No one is going to buy all this to keep. There wouldnt be enough to recoup if you kept all the best stuff. To sell this, youd have to start basically a business due to the volume.

At 100k it probably has resell value, but at 200k or his asking price of 290k? thats a little much. If he wants this much value for it? I just dont see anyone sniffing that.

So a store owner buying this? Youd better have a primo location in a large city because I dont see moving sealed stuff that easily. An Online person, you look at things like those collectors editions. Yeah some are probably worth 75-125 dollars. But its going to cost you 20-30-50 just to ship it so those also would hurt your avg cost per item when purchasing in bulk.

If someone was buying this to keep stuff then  not much of this is hard to find for sale. If they just wanted some then they could just buy what they wanted and not have 6 figures worth of stuff to sell to recoup 6 figures. I dont reslly see any one of a kind things in here. This is a resellers lot.

For being so tired of this conversation earlier in the thread you seem to find the strength to ramble on!!! :-)

Edited: 06/19/2019 at 08:17 AM by Sign Collector Guy

Jun 19 at 8:31:22 AM
SNESNESCUBE64 (42)
(Halloween Yoshi) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Why do poeple give such a shit about what this guy does? He has games and he is selling them, end of story. It's baffling to me that every time someone mentions his name it's nothing but piss and vinegar.

Y-akuza
O-perations
S-ecure
H-is
I-ncome

Edited: 06/19/2019 at 08:32 AM by SNESNESCUBE64

Jun 19 at 8:54:56 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
I wish him the best with the sale. I doubt he will get 290k but who knows. This hobby is crazy.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Jun 19 at 9:02:01 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: romiked2689

I'd be curious if whoever buys this lot would have deep enough pockets to go for the real goods almost like buying his good graces!!!
I don’t know but I would guess there may be something to that.   I wouldn’t be shocked if it was the same buyer as the 700 game lot and even at 100k this isn’t a great lot for resale purposes but you drop a couple hundy with someone and they will remember you next time.   For straight resale its  so much hassle and or money to tie up.    Conversely though if you’re Tim it’s a nice way to sell it.   Easy, simple, clears space, details and financing are someone else’s problem. 

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jun 19 at 9:08:13 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
It has to be said also that resale is a lot easier than it used to be. Send everything to wata and have them send everything to heritage or certified link. All you had to really do was write checks and travel/ship. (Which is still a pain but not the monumental pain it was before).   And your money is tied up for a year instead of five.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 06/19/2019 at 09:11 AM by Bronty