Hey folks,

A lot of you read my threads on former Nintendo Game Play Counsellor Ben Smith, where a 117th cart was revealed. I was meaning to post this sooner (after some scans), but in light of the recent "Vancouver" NWC cart auction, I figured I'd post now and put up pics later tonight...at least if I make the thread first it'll force me to get off my lazy ass tonight and actually post the pics,

So, here's the story. I got in touch with an anonymous collector. He truly doesn't want anyone to know who he is, but I can assure you he was not a finalist and he is the original owner of the cart (which he got around 1990). He was willing to sell me his cart, and I am happy to say it is in MINT condition (no peeling label or actiplaque going on).

Some of you may not know this, but the technicians at the NWC (no, he was not one of the technicians, nor am I even saying he worked at the NWC) carried around a red box full of NWC carts, which they would swap out of the systems as they set up each "kiosk," for lack of a better word. This is info I gathered from Ben Smith in further speaking with him. Each cart in the box was placed in a bag identical to the bags commercial NES games came in when you opened the box. I was psyched to find out I have the original bag on mine, not that it is provable....it's very cool, but unprovable, unfortunately. Yay! I own the 118th cart. Mmmm, history, droooll... lol!

Now, Ben Smith emailed again recently and he was quite happy to inform me he found another NWC cart (he is not selling...at least not currently) in a box of things he was rummaging through during a recent move. He thought he had a 2nd cart, but he wasn't quite sure. He actually almost threw the box of junk out! Luckily, he did not, and history is preserved.

I'll post pics of my cart tonight and I'm waiting on Ben for a pic of his...he's just gotta get his scanner up and running, and he's been super-busy lately.

In light of my recent discoveries, I would imagine (and hope) that NWC carts would go DOWN in price...but we'll wait and see how that "Vancouver" auction goes (they reek of bull, those damn bidders...but we'll see). Or, I suppose it could have the opposite effect and start a bidding frenzies everywhere.

I'm seriously wondering if that Vancouver cart is the 120th cart, being so close to Redmond (2.5 hour drive or so), but who knows. He found it in a shop for next to nothing, lucky dog.