NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Time to Close New Registration?

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:56:30 PM
Shogun (53)
< El Ripper >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Mr.Nintendo

mod squad sweep them guys under the mat you don't even know there were ever here

Seems like everything is working as it is then.

-------------------------

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:29:22 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: B.A.

It's not obvious because it isn't broken down like that. Any mod can be of assistance, we don't break them down by subforum. Pick your favorite (or least favorite).

I guess it's changed, since I distinctly remember certain mods having their designated turf, at one point in time.

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:40:48 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Mr.Nintendo

mod squad sweep them guys under the mat you don't even know there were ever here

Exactly.  And Rocky, please dispose of this spiked club and bloody anorak for me....

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:27:31 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Shinju

Sure people and just rush to the end and take the test but it would FORCE them to read certain parts of the rules/tos regardless when having to take the small test.

Just a thought.

I can appreciate what you're saying, and while I think it would probably work, it would do more harm than good in the long run. The main thing stopping something like this from being implemented on NA is that I personally can't stand sites that do that.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:28:32 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: B.A.

It's not obvious because it isn't broken down like that. Any mod can be of assistance, we don't break them down by subforum. Pick your favorite (or least favorite).

I guess it's changed, since I distinctly remember certain mods having their designated turf, at one point in time.

No, not intentionally anyway. There was a few day span where a new sub-category was added that I failed to add the Mod Squad to as moderators, but they've always had full reign on all categories otherwise.

Sep 11, 2012 at 7:29:53 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: Shinju

Sure people and just rush to the end and take the test but it would FORCE them to read certain parts of the rules/tos regardless when having to take the small test.

Just a thought.

I can appreciate what you're saying, and while I think it would probably work, it would do more harm than good in the long run. The main thing stopping something like this from being implemented on NA is that I personally can't stand sites that do that.

X2, people are not going to bother, if it's too hard to sign up.

The system we have is working well, why ruin it?

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:07:50 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
i say we ban all members who were never pre-nintendoage and only knew dain as straight up mustachio giskard bitches.

we revert back circa 2006. anyone who signed up after dec 31st, 2006 = instant ban.

eBay listings here

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:50:05 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: qixmaster

we revert back circa 2006. anyone who signed up after dec 31st, 2006 = instant ban.

I LIKE IT!
Would make my internet life less complicated.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Sep 11, 2012 at 10:53:03 PM
sadikyo (89)
(Sadik Yo) < King Solomon >
United States
How many members would that be? Heh

Hello!  I want your "ATLUS" stuff!  Please see my list or send me a PM if you have cool ATLUS stuff!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:26:31 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
North Carolina
^at least 2

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:32:57 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Originally posted by: qixmaster

Agreed!

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:49:33 AM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
No way Jose.

I was browsing NA long before I signed up and that's not fair.

You guys are big meanies...

/runs to corner to cry

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:01:36 PM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia
Originally posted by: SamSpade

To give an example, Sega 16 lets you register but it took no joke, months to get my account activated. It makes you feel that they could care less that you want to be a part of their community and it sends a bad impression.

The same thing happened to me at Sega-16. It even got to the point where it took so long to get it activated, my account was automatically deleted.

Apparently there's a thread on the site that's used for remind the admins to approve the new-member queue. It took someone else with a decent reputation posting in there before I was able to get my account activated. What a pain in the ass!

| gameplay and talk |

Edited: 09/14/2012 at 11:02 PM by Austin

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:47:51 AM
mike_c (1)

(michael cigan) < Little Mac >
Ontario
As a new user myself I am against it obviously, I have heard about this site but never visited until recently as I have had lots of free time on my hands due to a recent separation with my wife. I have been into video games all my life and like I said in my intro thread have been collecting for 6 years or so but its been ramped up a lot recently.
I'm 30 years old and sometimes when I find something or see something here or anywhere for that matter that excites me I forget that I'm a 30 year old with 2 kids and my inner kid comes out and I just want to share my enthusiasm with you as this is probably the most active and knowledgeable site for this hobby I have seen. In fact I regret not joining sooner to take advantage of the knowledge and the items you guys have access to.

This is a passion that stems from childhood,and we are all big kids just wanting to share the sheer joy of their memories, collections or neat finds, to limit access to this community would be a shame. I also dont want to come off as an ass but the mere suggestion shows ignorance and eliteism that shouldn't exist here. And it also gives me the impression that who ever supports this idea that they want to be part of some kind of forum "clique" that looks down on newer users. This is a hobby that requires a community like this, you cant find everything in the wild and you need others to help you for whatever your end goal is for your collection.

I have joined other forums in the past and I assume others have shared the same sentiment, its a real turn off so I stopped contributing. From the threads I have posted in already and others I have read its seems this is more of a family not a high school full of different groups and classes of users. It should stay that way as its the reason I decided to join.

I know I am a newer user and if I came off as brash as this is my opinion not directed at anyone solely, I'm sorry if it offends anyone its just like I said, I have been in that kind of forum culture and it sucks, and I'd like to be here for the long haul as I dont see me giving this hobby up anytime soon and look forward to sharing and chatting with you all.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:17:04 PM
Chrono (23)
(Glamour Vintage) < Meka Chicken >
Korea, Republic of
All I want to say is I've been using the internet for a long time, probably pretty close to the time it was invented, and have been a member of many, many sites for a variety of durations. I have been a member of NintendoAge for about 10 months and it is the first oragnization, online or off, that I have ever donated to with the idea of keeping it going. There does seem to be something special here.

Also, well said Mr. Mike C.

I am searching for the following SNES manuals:
- Sunset Riders    - TMNT IV: Turtles in Time      - Total Carnage
- Utopia                 - Final Fantasy II
Please PM me if you have one or all of them for sale. While I like nice condition, I am interested in anything 7/10ish up.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:09:28 AM
calistarwind (0)
(Tina G.) < Tourian Tourist >
Ohio
As a newer member myself, I'm really glad this site is open. I have been on Digitalpress for some time now and that is how I found this site. What I like about this site is that everyone seems so friendly and helpful. You don't really see that on too many other sites. Just glad to be here and able to finally spend some time getting to know people.

Edited: 10/04/2012 at 12:10 AM by calistarwind

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:26:30 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
You could implement a 24-hour waiting period before new registrars are allowed to post. That would largely circumvent the trolling problem, ie, someone creates a new account just to post dumb crap or p!ss people off, then do it again when they get banned. People would be able to register and log in immediately, but they won't be able to post topics for 24 hours. Under the 24 hour policy, most "trolls" would have likely forgotten why they signed up by the end of the time period. Legitimate users who have something intelligent to say/contribute would likely stick around long enough to begin using the site in a productive manner. Also, new users who sign up and don't access the site again for a month (zero posts) could be purged, but anyone who has actively used the site in the past will keep their account indefinitely.

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...