NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Digital Press Video Game Lore Book Freelance Writing Opportunity

Jul 21, 2009 at 12:25:49 AM
8bitgamer (1)
(Brett Weiss) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
This writing opportunity from Digital Press:

Announcing the official Digital Press LORE book!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most popular parts of the various Digital Press Guides is the LORE section. And one question that's been asked over the years is "will there ever be a book consisting solely of LORE stories?" Until now, though, there has not been a concrete answer.

Today, I'm happy to announce that the answer is in fact yes. Joe and I have been discussing the particulars, and we're ready to start taking submissions.

This is where you come in. Anyone interested in contributing a story to be published in the book feel free to submit it to [email protected] with the subject heading "DP LORE Book Entry". The deadline for all submissions is September 20, 2009. There is no scheduled release date yet, but you can expect that to be announced in the near future.

Here's some basic rules, more to follow once Joe and I work them out:

-You write up a non-fictional account of some gaming moment, memory, event, or recollection, then send it to me. This post should be in essay form (we will help with the editing) and most importantly should be as ENTERTAINING as possible. It doesn't necessarily have to be funny - but intrigue makes for good reading, and good reading increases the chance that you'll be published.
- Your story can be as long as you'd like but in the past we've always preferred stories that take up less than a full page in 10pt text.
- Grammar, spelling, editing all count but we will assist. It just gets you points if the thing is written well because that means it reads well right out of the gate.
- We ask that your story be truthful. You can embellish, of course, but wild unbelieveable stories are usually cast aside.

I'm looking forward to reading what you send in! Good luck!

Check out http://www.digitpress.com/ for more info.

Edited: 07/21/2009 at 12:31 AM by 8bitgamer

Jul 21, 2009 at 7:53:35 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
I got a perfect story from my childhood for this.

-------------------------
Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Jul 21, 2009 at 8:08:18 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Didn't they already have this contest a couple years back for their price guide that never came out?

-------------------------

Jul 21, 2009 at 10:36:02 AM
8bitgamer (1)
(Brett Weiss) < Eggplant Wizard >
United States
Originally posted by: dangevin

Didn't they already have this contest a couple years back for their price guide that never came out?

They were collecting stories for the back section of a new DP Guide, which should come out sometime in the next few months. This book will consist entirely of lore.