Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Just a few PAL NES finds while on vacation

Apr 04 at 7:28:43 PM
Vaosu (20)
(Richard Woodard) < Meka Chicken >
United States
I've always loved the fact that there are European exclusive NES games, along with some that had completely different names or labels, so I had to pick up a few while here in London. Total paid was around $100.

Apr 04 at 8:37:06 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Crackout is a very fun game!! I did the same thing several years ago when I was in Dublin. I found a bunch of exclusives for Nes, Snes, Gameboy, Genesis and Master System. I only bought a couple Nes which include New Ghostbusters II and Lion King Complete. I hate I didn't buy Turrican and Probotector but the exchange rate was driving me crazy.  Overall, I picked up more Genesis and Master System than anything.  They had a ton of Master System games so that was cool to see but it was much more popular there than here in the states.  

Edited: 04/04/2019 at 08:38 PM by mydogsrule

Apr 04 at 9:35:40 PM
bootload (8)

< El Ripper >
Alabama
Are they hard to find over there? I see games like Ufouria going for big money but I always wonder if they're common in Europe.

Apr 05 at 2:24:41 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: bootload

Are they hard to find over there? I see games like Ufouria going for big money but I always wonder if they're common in Europe.

I went to a game store called the Rage which had a lot of old retro games. However, the Nes selection was small compared to what we typically see here in the states. There were many more Sega Games compared to Nintendo in general. The Sega Master selection was fun to browse since there were a lot of games due to it being a big seller in Europe