Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

What does it mean when (eBay related)...

Oct 12, 2006 at 7:31:03 AM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
I bought a game the other day (Final Fantasy III SNES) from a seller, I paid through Paypal immediately after the seller sent the invoice. Today I looked at the "My eBay" page to see where it shows auctions that I have won. Next to my sellers name, it shows that he is no longer a registered user. That kind of makes me a little worried that he might bail on the item, but he had 100% feedback of about 75 positives even up until a couple days ago...

I just sent him an email (he gave his email address in the auction invoice) to see what was up (and he also promised a tracking number).

Has anyone been in a situation like this before?

-------------------------

Oct 12, 2006 at 7:48:58 AM
Hounder (0)
(David Pendergast) < Meka Chicken >
Illinois
I would try to get your money back ASAP through paypal if possible. I've never been in this situation but because you did buy through ebay and payed with paypal, you can still get your money back. Good luck with it.

Hi, my name is David Pendergast, aka:

Jesse Jones
Philip Varney

I scammed people on NintendoAge a while back. Since then, I've been unwelcome. Do not do business with me!

Oct 12, 2006 at 8:26:58 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I have been in this kind of situation twice actually. I didn't have problems either time. If the seller doesn't respond to your email I would file a buyer protection claim, otherwise I would wait about 10 days and see if it shows up or not.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Oct 12, 2006 at 8:30:32 AM
Battymo (100)
Nova Scotia
Yeah, I'll wait to see if I hear anything back from him. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. I don't want to be too hasty in making judgements here.

He didn't seem like the type that would bail out. Feedback was good, emails that he sent to me were friendly, etc.

Is it possible that his account was suspended by eBay for other reasons?

Oct 12, 2006 at 8:37:11 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeah, give the seller at least 14 days, and if no item arrives, file a claim through PayPal. This happened to me about 2 weeks ago actually, and what ended up being the case was that the seller was also selling demo CDs, and ebay yanked his account. He was even a 99.x% powerseller, and when I emailed him asking about it, he replied, and within a few days, they re-instated his account. So it doesn't always necessarily mean they're gone for good.

-Dain

Oct 12, 2006 at 8:51:34 AM
Battymo (100)
Nova Scotia
Good stuff. I'm hoping that this is the case. I got a pretty good deal on FF3! And I thought maybe he was pissed that I got it so cheap and bailed out!

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:25:22 AM
The Shawn (0)
(Shawn Parks) < Little Mac >
Maine
I wouldn't get to worried yet. I had the same thing happen to me and the dude said that they had suspended his account for some weird reason. He still sent the game and eventually got his account back up. (You got a good deal on Final Fantasy 2 also lol)

Extra Cheez and Mayo please!

Oct 12, 2006 at 9:37:48 AM
Battymo (100)
Nova Scotia
I like deals!

Oct 12, 2006 at 12:01:15 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: Battymo

Good stuff. I'm hoping that this is the case. I got a pretty good deal on FF3! And I thought maybe he was pissed that I got it so cheap and bailed out!

Ironically, that also happened to me about 2 months ago (Speedy_NES knows what I'm talking about). I won a massive accessories lot that Speedy and I were going to divvy up, and the price was awesome -- too awesome, in fact. As a result, he closed his account, closed his email account, and even restricted his phone so that he wouldn't accept incoming calls! I filed through PayPal, won, and was refunded my money except for $25 (it was a total of around $202 for the lot w/shipping).

I'm happy I got my money back, but would have rather had that lot since there was some great stuff in it.

-Dain

Oct 12, 2006 at 12:09:07 PM
Battymo (100)
Nova Scotia
That guy sounds like a total douche! That's what I don't understand about some people on eBay. They want to get a certain amount for their items, but don't want to pay the higher listing fees, and then are dissappointed when the item goes cheap.

Just stick a starting price or a buy it now with what you like to get! If it doesn't sell, then it's probably overpriced!