Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How to use Scoreboard & Update AVS firmware Scoreboard software downloads, How to use & FAQs

Sep 17, 2016 at 9:49:31 PM
CartoonDan (0)
(Daniel Glover) < Cherub >
California
Audio crackling in 1.120b1 in most the games I tried. The worst was RC Pro Am.

-------------------------
Play some fun! CartoonDan.com

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:29:05 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting for the full updated firmware. I would like to check out the new pallettes at some point.

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:21:09 AM
Pale Horse (45)
(Shaun ) < Lolo Lord >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

Originally posted by: KHAN Games

I probably shouldn't have posted the link to the beta firmware. Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up.
There's now a v1.20b2 in the downloads directory as of this afternoon. Not gonna link to it though unless a mod tells me it's okay to post.

Is there a blog or forum thread that posts details of all the updates?

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:55:01 AM
avgjoe (0)

< Cherub >
Updated to AVS-v1.20b2 and it looks like the crackling sound is gone. I'll run a few more carts and report back if this is not the case. I noticed that when using an Everdrive, using the select + a + b combo the AVS now locks up and needs to be reset manually. The reset boots back into the Everdrive menu, not the AVS menu. Using default settings. Is this expected behaviour?

Edited: 09/18/2016 at 04:58 AM by avgjoe

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:05:47 PM
rezb1t (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Nevada
Originally posted by: avgjoe
I noticed that when using an Everdrive, using the select + a + b combo the AVS now locks up and needs to be reset manually. The reset boots back into the Everdrive menu, not the AVS menu. Using default settings. Is this expected behaviour?
I can confirm these behaviors, I have a Famicom Everdrive N8 and v1.20b2 is doing the same thing for me. Ended up reverting so I could use the scoreboard

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:21:58 PM
Quack (68)
(Quack Quack) < King Solomon >
Florida
Has anyone had issues launching the scoreboard program on a Mac?

Mr Penguin O4 (9:01:18 PM): Quackenguin
SnappleSTG (9:01:28 PM): Pengenbush

Swing by my YouTube channel for a visit, and sub up while you're there! :)

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:05:13 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: Quack

Has anyone had issues launching the scoreboard program on a Mac?

Originally posted by: Mog

For problems with uploading scores from the AVS, if you are getting errors, or have other issues with the AVS or the software, please e-mail retroUSB support. [email protected]

We are working on the current issue with Mac's.

Please use the e-mail address for any additional error reporting.

The main intention of this thread is for help using, submitting, or questions regarding the Scoreboard with AVS. Not for error reporting.

Thanks.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:36:26 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
If anyone should be in trouble, it's me. I posted the link to the beta firmware, giving people the impression that it was allowed. No need to yell at anyone but me.  

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:33:28 PM
Polioliolio (24)
< Crack Trooper >
Ohio
Think I'm just going to wait for the firmware to be updated officially, but I'm looking forward to the palettes and other options.

I have a general question about AVS. What is Expansion Sound, and how does changing the slider affect whatever if affects?

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:45:03 PM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Polioliolio

I have a general question about AVS. What is Expansion Sound, and how does changing the slider affect whatever if affects?

It is for games that have extra / expansion audio. Mostly found on Famicom games like Castlevania 3, DokiDoki Panic, FDS Kid Icarus, etc. Also some PAL games like Mr Gimmick have extra audio.

The slider changes the volume level of those extra sound channels.

Edited: 09/19/2016 at 04:45 PM by Mog

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:47:42 PM
Polioliolio (24)
< Crack Trooper >
Ohio

It is for games that have extra / expansion audio. Mostly found on Famicom games like Castlevania 3, DokiDoki Panic, FDS Kid Icarus, etc. Also some PAL games like Mr Gimmick have extra audio.

Thanks. Is the default position ideal?   I assume it is, but it's not centered like the other default functions. Just wondered.

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:10:22 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California

Thanks. Is the default position ideal?   I assume it is, but it's not centered like the other default functions. Just wondered.

It's a volume slider, so whatever level you want is best.  

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:33:45 PM
ridder654 (0)

< Cherub >
How do you add friends so i can see friends scores on the AVS?

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:38:46 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington
Originally posted by: ridder654

The AVS friends list is the NA friends list.
ON NintendoAge go to
"Menu"
"My Home"
"Friend" Tab
Type in Name in Box and "Add" or "Search"

Then you can compile all the friends you want!

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:45:16 PM
ridder654 (0)

< Cherub >
Thank you

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:49:17 PM
ridder654 (0)

< Cherub >
I know this is a long shot, but with updates would the AVS ever be able to do multi-player over the Internet via the usb cable?

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:49:19 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario

I added you to my friends list playa  

Playas Guide Logo

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:15:46 PM
Benihana (154)
Washington

I know this is a long shot, but with updates would the AVS ever be able to do multi-player over the Internet via the usb cable?
I think you would need to talk to Khangames about that request  

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:06:19 AM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida

There will never be a way to do simulatenous multiplayer, but there are different ways that multiplayer can be implemented. Stay tuned!

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:12:12 AM
ookii_risu (66)
(Tonya B) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Scoreboard didn't factor in the rolled score in my DK Jr. game  

Adding a screenshot of my time spent. Hope the score can be changed.

Edited: 09/20/2016 at 03:22 AM by ookii_risu

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:13:33 AM
Eatitup86 (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Seems like it may be a good idea to allow the NES itself to submit new games + times if possible. I noticed a lot of very popular titles are not detected such as Zelda, MegaMan 2, etc....

These games do not have literal scores but many people speed run games these days so if every US release could be added to the database with a base "score" using the game time with a max score being scaled from whoever has the best time that would be pretty darn awesome.

Is there a possibilty to add an overall volume slider to the menu? I noticed that the system is much quieter than my nesrgb nes I normally use.

Also the Beta version link is currently pointing to 1.20b2 when b3 is the current version available so it loops back to the AVS page w/o downloading anything.

Edited: 09/20/2016 at 05:17 AM by Eatitup86

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:47:02 AM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: ookii_risu

Scoreboard didn't factor in the rolled score in my DK Jr. game  

Adding a screenshot of my time spent. Hope the score can be changed.

It will never factor in any rolled scores, sadly. It will only report exactly the value as it's seen in RAM.
Originally posted by: Eatitup86

Seems like it may be a good idea to allow the NES itself to submit new games + times if possible. I noticed a lot of very popular titles are not detected such as Zelda, MegaMan 2, etc....

These games do not have literal scores but many people speed run games these days so if every US release could be added to the database with a base "score" using the game time with a max score being scaled from whoever has the best time that would be pretty darn awesome.

Is there a possibilty to add an overall volume slider to the menu? I noticed that the system is much quieter than my nesrgb nes I normally use.

Also the Beta version link is currently pointing to 1.20b2 when b3 is the current version available so it loops back to the AVS page w/o downloading anything.

Thanks. Fixed.

Edited: 09/20/2016 at 10:51 AM by KHAN Games

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:34:47 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Eatitup86

Another interesting thought, is that while a game like Zelda doesn't have "a score", what it DOES have are a series of bits in memory that represent the items in your inventory (though I don't know when they get wiped from memory).

So it might be feasible to have a game like that auto-detect "minimalist" runs of one sort, or another.

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:14:59 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Any other bugs noticed with the Beta 3 firmware? I was going to wait for the official firmware, but those palettes doe.

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:17:30 PM
KHAN Games (89)
Florida
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Any other bugs noticed with the Beta 3 firmware? I was going to wait for the official firmware, but those palettes doe.
I haven't seen anyone post any bugs re: Beta 3. Only people saying it corrected the audio glitches/Everdrive bugs. Seems to be a safe bet!