Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Amiibo Wave 3 Extravaganza Thread! and the count down begins... dun..dun...dduuunnnnn

Feb 22, 2015 at 5:42:12 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Well technically if a person buys it, they are guaranteed to get ONE of the Amiibos pictured so it's not false advertising. However I can almost guarantee it will not be a Shulk or Meta Knight. What a tool either way.

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 02/22/2015 at 05:42 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:28:19 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: stardust4ever

Well technically if a person buys it, they are guaranteed to get ONE of the Amiibos pictured so it's not false advertising. However I can almost guarantee it will not be a Shulk or Meta Knight. What a tool either way.

Yea, and thats called a chance listing. Against ebay rules.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:40:45 AM
Raichu (5)
< Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: yukfou

This has to be a joke right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-R...

How do we know everyone isn't going to just get a diddy? This guy's listing needs to be flagged

Lol wow.....

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:56:12 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Well they got 2 commons (Zelda, Diddy) and a potentially common (Toon Link). The rares are a possibility but unlikely. He could have 9 Amiibo, consisting of 3x each Zelda, Diddy, Toon, and the bidder would b3 none-the-wiser. Anything to give the bidder the illusion of getting something rare. If I sell an unopened pack of baseball cards on eBay, there is a likelyhood that if the bidder opens the pack, they may recieve a card worth more than what they paid for the whole lot. How is this any different? Well, only the seller knows if the chances of getting a Meta Knight or Shulk is greater than zero.

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:15:53 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Well they got 2 commons (Zelda, Diddy) and a potentially common (Toon Link). The rares are a possibility but unlikely. He could have 9 Amiibo, consisting of 3x each Zelda, Diddy, Toon, and the bidder would b3 none-the-wiser. Anything to give the bidder the illusion of getting something rare. If I sell an unopened pack of baseball cards on eBay, there is a likelyhood that if the bidder opens the pack, they may recieve a card worth more than what they paid for the whole lot. How is this any different? Well, only the seller knows if the chances of getting a Meta Knight or Shulk is greater than zero.

Please dont play dumb. You know the difference. Selling an upoened pack of baseball cards isnt being advertised as a random 1/10 chance at a certain amiibo. You are selling an upoened pack of cards. Thats the item. By definition cards are unknown so even the seller has no way of knowing. Not even close to being the same.

Its not debateable. Its a chance listing its against the rules.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 02/23/2015 at 04:22 AM by quest4nes

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:13:08 AM
Vandy (45)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Please dont play dumb. You know the difference. Selling an upoened pack of baseball cards isnt being advertised as a random 1/10 chance at a certain amiibo. You are selling an upoened pack of cards. Thats the item. By definition cards are unknown so even the seller has no way of knowing. Not even close to being the same. Its not debateable. Its a chance listing its against the rules.

Agreed.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:18:55 AM
rcorporon (34)
(Ron Corporon) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Picked up Sonic at TRU this weekend (lots of Sonic and Mega Man at the one I went to) as well as a bunch of Disney Infinity. Mega Man came in the mail from amazon.ca on Friday so a decent figure hall for me.

No signs of any of the rare's though (King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ike, etc). Lots of Mario and Yoshi though.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:53:15 AM
BilltownSparty (87)
(Ben ) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
I was playing the crap out of Kirby and the rainbow curse this weekend (great game imo) and they are constantly reminding you that you can use Kirby, dedede, or meta knight amiibo. Since these are used on at least 2 games I would be willing to be they will keep dedede and meta knight on reprint once they are done with all the waves or at least do another run of them

Currently Playing mario sunshine, Lost vikings and paper mario color splash hd

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:26:00 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: rcorporon

Picked up Sonic at TRU this weekend (lots of Sonic and Mega Man at the one I went to) as well as a bunch of Disney Infinity. Mega Man came in the mail from amazon.ca on Friday so a decent figure hall for me.

No signs of any of the rare's though (King Dedede, Meta Knight, Ike, etc). Lots of Mario and Yoshi though.
So now Sonic and Megaman are potentially not that hard to find. I picked up Sonic last week when I camped at TRU. I don't often do this but I was keeping it sealed to use as trade bait. If Sonic turns out to be common, then I guess I'll open it and add it to my shelf. Prolly beat the living crap out of him in Smash since all my other amibo are leveled up too high. I kinda liked his retro stye more. 3D Sonic somehow doesn't feel right.

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:11:35 PM
Raichu (5)
< Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
My local Gamestop got the wave 3 amiibos in today. Only enough for preorders which isn't surprising. Picked up my Mega Man Sonic and King dedede, I didn't have Ike preordered because I'm not interested in him. Only found out they got them because someone on facebook in a minnesota amiibo group said their local gamestop got them in and decided to call mine and to my surprise they had them in! Only thing I heard regarding wave 3 preorders was that automated phone call  that everyone got about Dedede being available for pickup on February 25th a few days ago or so.

Edited: 02/23/2015 at 03:12 PM by Raichu

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:18:03 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland

Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

This has to be a joke right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-RANDOM-AMIIBO-Shulk-Meta-Kni...

How do we know everyone isn't going to just get a diddy? This guy's listing needs to be flagged

reported under chance listing
ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS

pretty much black and white. Against ebay rules.

of course no refunds. because 10 people are about to get a zelda or diddy for 30 dollars

Looks like the listing got taken down.

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:09:00 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

Originally posted by: Andy_Bogomil

This has to be a joke right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYSTERY-RANDOM-AMIIBO-Shulk-Meta-Kni...

reported under chance listing
ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS

pretty much black and white. Against ebay rules.

of course no refunds. because 10 people are about to get a zelda or diddy for 30 dollars

Looks like the listing got taken down.

Nope it's still up, item no longer available, but 7 sold. So the guy likely ended it after people bought all the commons, most likely, and kept the rares for himself. Unless all the buyers post what they recieved in feedback, we will never know if anyone got a Meta knight or Shulk.

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:51:41 PM
killacam74 (42)
(Cameron Dixon) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Went into my gamestop today to buy a PlayStation 4, and walked out with my four preordered amiibos aswell. Ike, dedede, megaman, and sonic

Currently Playing:
Banjo Kazooie - Nintendo 64
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - Playstation

WTB (PM Me Please):
Digimon Anything

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:09:06 PM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas
Got a call from my Gamestop earlier saying they have my Ike, Dedede, Mega Man, and Sonic. Trying to decide if I wanna get out in the snow to go pick them up today.

My collection: https://spreadsheets.google.com/s...

I'm a PC/console/handheld gamer and retro collector!

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:15:47 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: LAMRN15

Got a call from my Gamestop earlier saying they have my Ike, Dedede, Mega Man, and Sonic. Trying to decide if I wanna get out in the snow to go pick them up today.
I would. They'll be gone in two days...

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:17:45 PM
killacam74 (42)
(Cameron Dixon) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
My gamestop said they didnt have enough for every preorder, and they had a special list for ike

Currently Playing:
Banjo Kazooie - Nintendo 64
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - Playstation

WTB (PM Me Please):
Digimon Anything

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:46:21 PM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas

Originally posted by: LAMRN15

I would. They'll be gone in two days...

I'm not too worried. I've dealt enough with my local Gamestop, they know me. When I walked in to pick up my Shulks a few weeks back, the dude just asked for my phone # to put in, because he already knew who I was and what I was there for.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:07:17 PM
LAMRN15 (3)
< Meka Chicken >
Arkansas
Didn't get em today. Apparently Gamestop closed several hours early. Oh well, it was fun getting out in the snow in my 4x4 pickup. Love this thing!

I'll be going out tomorrow for sure, since the temps will be rising tomorrow, melting all this.

Feb 23, 2015 at 9:58:49 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
finally caught 'em all... so far.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:51:35 PM
yukfou (107)
(Great Dragon) < King Solomon >
Maryland
Oh gosh, there's another chance listing for more amiibos on ebay. This time you can get a european villager, or a marth that isn't even in any of the pictures......or you could get a lovely toon link! YAY!!!! Seriously though, everyone flag this as a chance listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marth-Vil...

My WTB thread
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Feb 23, 2015 at 11:09:50 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
More eBay Greed. Someone suggested most resellers were only buying 2x-3x a piece. I beg to differ...

Shulks, get your Shulks here! For the low, low price of $99 a piece. Shipping is extra...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shulk-ami...

And I had to LOL at this one. Detached Peach Amiibo auction with nice upskirt shot...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peach-Ami...

Edited: 02/23/2015 at 11:18 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:18:29 PM
KAMIKAWA (25)
(Keith Kamikawa) < Kraid Killer >
Wisconsin

For Sale: Limited Run Games http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Check out my Virtual Reality game PolyAquatic out now on iOS for Google Cardboard!
Coming Soon to Oculus Rift! 
http://polyaquatic.com/...

If you're looking for game art, pixel, 3D, or graphic design hit me up!
https://keithkamikawa.com/...

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:28:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Stardust ... Who cares. Shulk was available to preorder for a long time. And they fullfilled them.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:47:43 PM
rcorporon (34)
(Ron Corporon) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Weekend haul:

Lots of Mega Man & Sonic at the TRU I was at.  My Mega Man was pre-ordered from Amazon.ca though.

Dat Groot though.

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:30:42 PM
smokinjoe24 (147)
(P Fen) < Bowser >
United States
Not sure if all did, but my Walmart got Mega Man in today.