Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Closed SNES Monthly Contest: October - Zombies Ate My Neighbors + Street Fighter II Turbo Current Leaders: bimmy_lee + MrPeaPod

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:04:25 AM
Abelardo (77)
(Abelardo González) < El Ripper >
Mexico
Did not beat Bison 

Oct 30, 2017 at 2:28:12 PM
Webhead123 (30)
(Jordan S.) < El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: MrPeaPod

I knew I wasn't going to touch your score on zombies ate my neighbours but seeing your SF2 score makes me want to play again. I may have another shot before the end of the month to try and it. I'm glad you didn't wait until the last day to post
Yeah, if I can help it, I don't like to be one of those who posts a score at the last minute for the sake of "sniping". Sometimes it happens (typically if I've procrastinated on playing a game all month and then have to rush to get something in) but I try to put up a score as soon as I achieve it, rather than "hold back".

-------------------------
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Now Playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (Switch)
Last Beaten: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-2929-9013-9208

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:03:08 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Webhead123

Originally posted by: MrPeaPod

I knew I wasn't going to touch your score on zombies ate my neighbours but seeing your SF2 score makes me want to play again. I may have another shot before the end of the month to try and it. I'm glad you didn't wait until the last day to post
Yeah, if I can help it, I don't like to be one of those who posts a score at the last minute for the sake of "sniping". Sometimes it happens (typically if I've procrastinated on playing a game all month and then have to rush to get something in) but I try to put up a score as soon as I achieve it, rather than "hold back".

I try throwing up a score as early as I can as well. I never know how hard I should try at a game until I have some scores to compete against as a benchmark. Bea is a cyborg and I'm not going to grind away to beat her but against a human I'll see what I can manage.

Check out my game collection here:
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:05:18 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
New SF2 score posted

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:32:09 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
(Kevin Miller) < Bowser >
Michigan
Scores added to my post on the first page. Did that Zombies Ate My Neighbors run about a week or so ago and had to leave my SNES on overnight because I stayed up so late working on it lol. The best way I found to advance through the levels quickly is to leave like one or two innocents alive. That way, you only spend like a couple of minutes per most levels until near the end of the game when they get more maze-like and complicated. The only downside is that it's easier to get a Game Over if the innocents get killed. After saving the innocents, I would then cruise through the level getting power-ups before exiting. The final boss is pretty tough if you don't have enough power-ups, which I didn't have going into the fight. Definitely a fun game that I like to re-visit from time to time.

As for Street Fighter 2 Turbo, I got through the first three fighters (Chun Li, Zangief, and Dhalsim) pretty easily as Zangief (in fact, Dhalsim only hit me like twice in the whole match), and then fought Ryu and got my butt kicked. He kept hitting me with a series of punches or kicks and then would hit me with a Hadouken when I was stunned. Not a fan of the Street Fighter games, so that was my only attempt.

My NES collection count: 757 games (16 to go for a full set)

Latest Purchase(s): Snow Brothers

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Proud owner of post #2000, #2900, and #3800 in Inner Circle HQ thread

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:34:26 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
(Beatrice Bueno Iank) < Master Higgins >
Brazil
I commend thee for thou valiant effort, fellow Zangief player!

A paragon of purity, chastity and innocence.
Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.
Sometimes I don't know where in the world I am.

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:49:42 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Bea_Iank

I commend thee for thou valiant effort, fellow Zangief player!

I think that was the first time I've played as Zangief in a Street Fighter game.  I usually just choose people at random and hope for the best    Although, when I was a kid, a friend of mine rented Super Street Fighter 2 and I got pretty good using Cami.

On another note, I'm really looking forward to playing Wild Guns next month.  Played that one with my brother in August and we got all the way to the final boss, but couldn't beat him.  We played it for a couple hours, so I've gotten familiar with it.

"Wait...Bimmy and Jimmy??  How'd they make a mistake like this!?  Bimmy isn't even a real name!"

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Oct 31, 2017 at 6:53:55 PM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
I found Ryu to be the cheatiest bastard in the game. He was where most of my runs stopped.

Edited: 10/31/2017 at 06:54 PM by MrPeaPod

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:00:13 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
I take you never fought Blanka or Honda as the 8th opponent at 8 stars of difficulty.  

Fair reminder that I don't weigh the same as a duck, so I am not made of wood and therefore I am no witch.

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:07:25 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
On my very first run on Street Fighter 2 Turbo, E. Honda was my first opponent, but I ended up hitting reset because he was being a turd in the fight.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:12:16 PM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Honda is a terrible match up for Zangief... I have been secretly practising Super Turbo to try to join the competitive scene and so far Honda has been my Zangief bane.

Oct 31, 2017 at 8:34:44 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Didnt have time to play so Im posting a score. I havent had much competition time at all since the summer. Been busy.

I personally dont care for street fighter II Turbo. I like the original better. Just dont like turbo speed. I was way more motivated last year with SF II. This version this year makes playing against Blanka effin annoying and Ehonda is a pain in the ass if you get him later. I am much better with the original version. I had like 10-11 double perfects last year with that one.

Id have loved to give zombies a go. I played it once through. Got to level 5 and had to leave and watch the world series tonight.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:40:24 PM
ninjistar (29)
(Mr E ) < El Ripper >
California
I nearly forgot about posting my scores again! I only put time into SF2, sadly. I meant to try out ZAMN.

SF2 - 553,200 - did not complete game. I think I made it to Sagat?

On the hunt for prototypes...

Eat, sleep, collect, repeat.
[ YouTube ]   [ Twitter ]   [ Blog ]   [ RF Generation ]   [ VGCollect ]   [ NA WTB

Edited: 10/31/2017 at 10:41 PM by ninjistar

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:52:47 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Did you clear ZAMN Bimmy?

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:14:27 PM
bimmy_lee (78)
Michigan
Originally posted by: Brock Landers

Did you clear ZAMN Bimmy?

Nope, just got to the final boss, but couldn't beat him.  I got to his first form, which is a spider.  The second form is a giant head that floats around the screen.

Beware the Bimmy Marsh!

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:23:30 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
I will update the leaderboard during the day and hopefully will have the new thread up tonight.

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:51:40 AM
Bea_Iank (4)
Brazil
Final Leaderboard posted.

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:29:53 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Thanks to the guys who have stuck around all season. The contest has not exactly grown like I had hoped, so I will probably be doing some large adjustments to next year's schedule to try and kickstart things. I'll also be doing another poll for a community-selected game at the end of the month.

Anyways, I'll get the November thread up here in a bit

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131