Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

I got excited... listing of other auctions within an auction?

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:29:19 PM
elhector (80)
(Hector Varga) < Lolo Lord >
Arizona
Originally posted by: Ic3M4n

Originally posted by: elhector

The stuff is under a heading that says to check out his other items.  I don't get why putting pictures under a heading like that is not shady, but having the same heading with a text list is shady.

The stuff is under Auction description, that is why it is shady!

Having other listing outside of the description box is different.

You can't list other stuff outside the description box.  And it's well within eBay rules to advertise your other listing within auction descriptions.  eBay even offers free apps to help you advertise your other listing within the auction description box.

-------------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

Social Media Junk:

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Come check out what I have for sale.

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:34:44 PM
8-bit (0)
(Dr. Light) < Cherub >
United States
I wanted the sleeves anyway. I was bidding on them in the last 20 seconds and scrolled down to read and saw the games listed in bold red . Now I didn't just bid on this because of these games because they weren't even in the item description. But it made me go higher than I would have. Was wondering more about what others thought about someone listing another auction so specifically in an auction. Seemed like he did that on purpose to get people to bid like me ,bidding at the end and only seeing the big red bold games and willing to bid more than they would. Seems to be some mixed opinons about this.

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:39:50 PM
cosmicjim (47)

(cosmic jim) < El Ripper >
United States
I hate ebayers that mislead people with pictures of big lots and misleading titles. I was ready to crucify this seller when reading the post, then clicked on the auction to see a pile of dust sleeves with a title that advertised dust sleeves.....
Buyer really screwed up to see those names and assume they were part of the listing. The shady ones put a picture of the games and names of the games in the title, and you have to read that it contains no games.... You totally turned this one around backwards, lol....

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:50:27 PM
Ic3M4n (16)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(I B GONE) < Meka Chicken >
New York
Originally posted by: elhector

Does eBay allow sellers to advertise there other auctions within auction descriptions? Yes.

Nothing shady about it.

Do we really need to prove what is allowed by ebay???? Seriously must we go here.

Links that are allowed to promote current item.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

cross promoting

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cp-overview.html

Promotion boxes

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/promoting-your-store.html

Item description

Description tab: This tab shows the listing details include item specifics and a description, plus any other information the seller has provided about their policies or items. Read the item description and take a look at any additional photographs. Some sellers also include shipping, payment, return policies, and more in this section.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/about-view-item.html

Ok your turn Humor me.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:00:46 PM
elhector (80)
Arizona

Do we really need to prove what is allowed by ebay???? Seriously must we go here.

Links that are allowed to promote current item.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

cross promoting

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cp-overview.html

Promotion boxes

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/promoting-your-store.html

Item description

Description tab: This tab shows the listing details include item specifics and a description, plus any other information the seller has provided about their policies or items. Read the item description and take a look at any additional photographs. Some sellers also include shipping, payment, return policies, and more in this section.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/about-view-item.html

Ok your turn Humor me.

None of those links say anywhere that you are not allowed to advertise your other listings within an auction description.  Also from your text:

The "and more" is usually stuff promoting other auctions the seller has.

Just out of curiosity do you actively sell on eBay?  I have been for a while now.  I advertise my other auctions within my item descriptions and before I ever did I was more than assured by eBay representitives that advertising my other auctions within my listings was more than kosher and is actually encouraged.

Social Media Junk:

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:01:00 PM
8-bit (0)
(Dr. Light) < Cherub >
United States
Originally posted by: cosmicjim

I hate ebayers that mislead people with pictures of big lots and misleading titles. I was ready to crucify this seller when reading the post, then clicked on the auction to see a pile of dust sleeves with a title that advertised dust sleeves.....
Buyer really screwed up to see those names and assume they were part of the listing. The shady ones put a picture of the games and names of the games in the title, and you have to read that it contains no games.... You totally turned this one around backwards, lol....

I know what I bid on and wanted to bid on those sleeves. The games were'nt in the title or picture  not disputing that . It 's just the way the games were listed in the item description in big bold red like they were included . I bid More than I would have because I was in the last few seconds and saw the games listed and ASSUMED ( should not assume makes an ASS out of U and ME) that they were included .Seeing titles like that in the listing I got excited and bid more than what I would have for the sleeves. 

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:07:38 PM
Ic3M4n (16)
New York
LMAO so anyhow I guess this case is closed. It's shady and you can do what you like. It has just been proven who would win this dispute.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:16:01 PM
elhector (80)
Arizona

LMAO so anyhow I guess this case is closed. It's shady and you can do what you like. It has just been proven who would win this dispute.

BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  Whatever you say Perry Mason...

Social Media Junk:

Edited: 08/09/2011 at 07:21 PM by elhector

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:42:54 PM
Ic3M4n (16)
New York
LOL you seriously think you can exploit a detail and try and make it mean something it does not. Here let me try and explain this in a different way.

That "and more" you speak of is under item description. Therefore that "and more" can only be about that item description. People like you try and take stuff out of context all the time to justify incorrect actions.

Shipping and other information can be listed and is related to item description because it directly relates to current item(s) being sold.

Listing information, links, whatever that has ZERO relevance to the actual item(s) being sold is not honest and not allowed and would NOT win any dispute.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:19:26 PM
elhector (80)
Arizona

LOL you seriously think you can exploit a detail and try and make it mean something it does not. Here let me try and explain this in a different way.

That "and more" you speak of is under item description. Therefore that "and more" can only be about that item description. People like you try and take stuff out of context all the time to justify incorrect actions.

Shipping and other information can be listed and is related to item description because it directly relates to current item(s) being sold.

Listing information, links, whatever that has ZERO relevance to the actual item(s) being sold is not honest and not allowed and would NOT win any dispute.

Then why does eBay provide free applications to do exactly what you're saying is dishonest and not allowed? 

Also, I really don't appreciate the "People like you try and take stuff out of context all the time to justify incorrect actions" jab.  I never take things out of context to justify incorrect actions on my part and I'm not trying to exploit anything.  I run a little eBay side business to generate extra cash for my collecting.  I operate with what I consider very high ethics and I don't appreciate that being questioned.  You have no idea who I am or what kind of person I am so please do not try and lump me into some group of people that you hold contempt for.

Social Media Junk:

Edited: 08/09/2011 at 08:25 PM by elhector

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:20:42 PM
Ic3M4n (16)
New York
I don't know. Show me what one looks like.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:28:56 PM
elhector (80)
Arizona

I don't know. Show me what one looks like.

Here is an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI....

You see that thing at the bottom showing the other items I have listed?  That scrolling thing is an app that eBay allows to be in your item descriptions to advertise your other auctions.  That thing isn't any different then what the the original seller in question had in there listing, his just happened to be a text list instead of the nice little scrolling thing.  Both mine and his have a blurb right above about that stuff being other auctions.

Social Media Junk:

Edited: 08/09/2011 at 08:29 PM by elhector

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:39:54 PM
Ic3M4n (16)
New York
Yea and that is completely different dude. That is a seperate entity all together. It is not listed in the same section as what is being sold. It is completely isolated in it's own seperate area.

That isn't jumbling a bunch of items together in the same exact area as where the description for items being sold is. Big difference.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:58:09 PM
elhector (80)
Arizona

Yea and that is completely different dude. That is a seperate entity all together. It is not listed in the same section as what is being sold. It is completely isolated in it's own seperate area.

That isn't jumbling a bunch of items together in the same exact area as where the description for items being sold is. Big difference.

I will agree with you that the guy has piss poor desktop publishing skills.  However, my little scrolly thing is in the item description area just like the guy in question's mess of jumbled text.  Neither of us are in violation of any policy and we're both doing the exact same thing.  My presentation is just better.

I still hold the opinion that this guy wasn't trying to do anything shady.  I mean the guy even put a bunch of asterisks before the stuff started about the other auction.   He was clearly trying to draw attention to the text and point out that it was a different section of his listing.  I think this is an unfortunate case of someone with poor design skills and a buyer that got to trigger happy to read an entire listing crossing each others path.

Social Media Junk: