Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Wii Sports Club is a dumpster fire Is there a worse sequel, remaster?

Aug 23 at 10:04:54 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
I've been playing the Wii some nights after work w the misses w Wii Sports being a staple. So we figured we'd try Wii sports club for Wii U and holy shit it's bad. Somehow it's worse in every way except possibly baseball. I am just shocked that the flag ship title for the Wii was murdered on the Wii U release. Tennis is maddening by somehow constantly losing calibration of the motion sensor plus remote. Boxing turns into an unplayable mess. Golf shows your ball just on the gamepad? There's no added benifit to putting the gamepad on the ground either.

Is there a worse remaster? Is this even a sequel? I can't believe a simple lovable game could be somehow ruined so swiftly. The sales numbers are around 130,000 for North America so somehow over 100k suckers got coaxed into buying this lump of coal. SAD

-------------------------

Aug 23 at 10:19:44 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Even worse- the Brunswick Bowling game for WiiU DOESN'T USE THE WIIMOTE.

Aug 23 at 10:23:28 AM
Uncle Meat (69)
(SanitaryNonAvengerRules ) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Just a big ol piece-a garbagio.

Ayy yoo pizza bie!

Aug 23 at 10:32:07 AM
DefaultGen (28)
(Tyler Wilkin) < King Solomon >
United States
Sports Champions is the follow up to Wii Sports we deserve. Bocce and Disc Golf are fantastic IMO.

Listen to the  Collector's Quest Podcast 
Episode #131: Spooky Collectible Halloween Imports

Aug 23 at 10:34:27 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Originally posted by: DefaultGen

Sports Champions is the follow up to Wii Sports we deserve. Bocce and Disc Golf are fantastic IMO.

Oh man I forgot about how dope Disc Golf is with Sports Champions!

Aug 23 at 4:20:17 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Wii sports did have the badass follow up it deserved in Wii sports resort. My Wii is shot and no way repairs would bring it back. I'll probably buy another one just to play for Wii sports, Wii play, and Wii sports resort. Never heard of or played sports champions but plan to check into it after reading this. Disk golf on the Wii? Yes, please.

Aug 23 at 4:53:16 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States
Originally posted by: NESfiend

Wii sports did have the badass follow up it deserved in Wii sports resort. My Wii is shot and no way repairs would bring it back. I'll probably buy another one just to play for Wii sports, Wii play, and Wii sports resort. Never heard of or played sports champions but plan to check into it after reading this. Disk golf on the Wii? Yes, please.

Unfortunately it's on PS3, but the PS Move is more accurate than a Wiimote which is why it works so well. I really liked the plane find-the-balloons game and upgraded Bowling/Golf in Wii Sports Resort. I think I forgot about it because it does have a bunch of filler.

Aug 23 at 5:01:59 PM
NESfiend (25)
(Travis ) < El Ripper >
Missouri

Unfortunately it's on PS3, but the PS Move is more accurate than a Wiimote which is why it works so well. I really liked the plane find-the-balloons game and upgraded Bowling/Golf in Wii Sports Resort. I think I forgot about it because it does have a bunch of filler.

Duuuuuude, I thought I was the only one who liked the balloon finding. I spent a lot of time drinking beer and finding balloons. Cleared it and started over several times. Great feature I have never heard anyone else reference ever.

Aug 23 at 6:08:03 PM
DefaultGen (28)
United States

Duuuuuude, I thought I was the only one who liked the balloon finding. I spent a lot of time drinking beer and finding balloons. Cleared it and started over several times. Great feature I have never heard anyone else reference ever.

Lmao, I took a picture with my TV the first time I found them all. It's good to find another balloonatic!

Aug 23 at 6:43:38 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

Tiger Woods 11 has disc golf on it.

Deca Sports 2 has bocce (they call it Petanque on there).   

Aug 24 at 2:09:24 PM
kguillemette (13)

(Kyle Guillemette) < Meka Chicken >
New Hampshire
That's too bad. It should have been a near direct port with online play capabilities and maybe some new events. How hard would that have been? Honestly never having played it, I thought that's what it was!

FT/FS list  ​​​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Gamecube needs list ​http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 24 at 7:04:10 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: kguillemette

That's too bad. It should have been a near direct port with online play capabilities and maybe some new events. How hard would that have been? Honestly never having played it, I thought that's what it was!

Same!! I was expecting literally the same game with updates graphics and online play. I got an unpinched, steaming turd fresh out the puphole.

Aug 24 at 9:37:42 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
?? I thought it was improved and way better when i played it the few times i did

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 25 at 8:10:55 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: quest4nes

?? I thought it was improved and way better when i played it the few times i did

I'm sorry sir but you might be the only person on the internet to have that opinion

Aug 25 at 11:55:25 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
Ohio

Of course you did; you also think the Cowboys are awesome.

Aug 25 at 12:19:27 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

I'm sorry sir but you might be the only person on the internet to have that opinion

I didnt play everything on it. But i remember playing baseball and golf against my little cousin and had a good time

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 26 at 6:56:24 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

HA! Got'eeeem!

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Aug 26 at 9:40:50 PM
Austin (72)
(Austin M) < Lolo Lord >
Virginia

I only bought the bowling portion when it came out, but it was fine for me. It basically felt the same as the original except it looked a good bit nicer (being in HD and widescreen). I'll have to track down a full physical copy and try the others, but admittedly bowling was really the only game I cared for in the original Wii Sports. Everything else felt janky to me.

| gameplay and talk |

Aug 26 at 9:54:34 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Austin

I only bought the bowling portion when it came out, but it was fine for me. It basically felt the same as the original except it looked a good bit nicer (being in HD and widescreen). I'll have to track down a full physical copy and try the others, but admittedly bowling was really the only game I cared for in the original Wii Sports. Everything else felt janky to me.

Like i said i didnt play it all. I played local multiplayer golf and baseball. They were good. I assume bowling wouldnt be any different. Its not some dumpster fire people are saying in here. Is it a go to game? Not anymore than the original.  Maybe some suck but a good time can be had on some

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Aug 31 at 11:43:43 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: Austin

Like i said i didnt play it all. I played local multiplayer golf and baseball. They were good. I assume bowling wouldnt be any different. Its not some dumpster fire people are saying in here. Is it a go to game? Not anymore than the original.  Maybe some suck but a good time can be had on some

Baseball is the only improved game. Golf has 0 improvements. Bowling is not helped by the motion sensor plus. Boxing is unplayable. Tennis requires you to recalibrate the controller several times during a match. I put 10+ hrs into it and called it a dumpster fire. Casually booting up a game doesn't allow a person enough time to give it a proper grade. I even went back and forth comparing and contrasting to Wii sports. Not just as I remembered it to be but how it actually was and every game sans baseball is worse on Sports Club than the original. Like, should anyone reading this want to play Sports Club on the Wii U just don't. Find Wii Sports for $4 shipped and play that instead. You're time and money will thank you.

Aug 31 at 12:14:49 PM
Foochie776 (240)
(Obi Wan Kenobi) < Bowser >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Burn

May the force be with you.

Sep 03 at 11:04:53 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
I haven't played all the games in Wii Sports Club, but I thought Golf was great. It made pretty creative usage out of the Wii U controller and felt like a natural evolution of the original Wii Sports golf game.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry