Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

* - * Nintendo Direct * - * -- December 2013 What's new in the Nintendo world o.O!

Dec 18, 2013 at 9:57:14 PM
fatalfuryspecial (31)
(cool shooter spaceship) < El Ripper >
Texas
never got into dynasty warriors so that announcement was meh for me.

nes remix is pretty fun. the challenges are pretty easy so far but its a fun little minigame mash up.

dkc2 cranky as playable with a mcduck jump looks bitchin.

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:19:19 PM
thewalrusisal (42)
(Minister Pumpkin) < Meka Chicken >
Texas
I've been playing NES Remix for a couple of hours. It's pretty much 'Black Box Challenge', but it's very addictive. Trying to get 3 stars on each challenge is the best part, especially when they 'remix' the classic levels to try new things.

Imagine all the fucking around with old games you did back in the day being turned into a legitimate game.

-------------------------

NintendoID:  TheWalrus
3DS Friend Code:  3093-8213-0883
PSN: TheWalrusIsAl

I buy and collect the game, but if you guys can give me any insight on the game I like game to game game game game? - Blastocystosis

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:31:52 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Well I'm pretty thrilled with NES Remix, Chibi Robo maybe if it's like $5 cheap or near that. Smash (either) and Kart looks like great additions to mess with but the odd add in transportation in Kart has me worried as those bikes were terrible on Wii. Dr Luigi looks good with L shaped viruses or normal mode to mix it up. Bravely Default I do want, microtransactions are bullshit, but in this case it's just for lazy people and ones who want the game over stupid fast paying for shortcuts so it won't hamper the title so I'm ok with that.

The Yoshi game and Kirby look excellent and maybe that golf would be good but I have no interest, still haven't muscled up the nerve to get bowling which was a blast on Wii. DKC though can suck it and die...they make it look like the old trilogy with the Wii/3DS game and they're aggravatingly designed and just infuriating to play and this WiiU one looks just as miserable so I'm avoiding it as I really don't need to wreck my tablet controller over stupid crap like that getting to me.

Dec 19, 2013 at 1:15:15 AM
Knoxisawesome (5)
< Crack Trooper >
Iowa
Originally posted by: rcorporon

Hyrule Warriors looks like total garbage. The textures looked like something on the PS2 and the gameplay looked like junk. It looked like a Wii tech demo.

If this is what Nintendo thinks will help bolster Wii U sales they are sadly mistaken.

Mario Kart 8 looks great though.
Hyrule Warriors is early in development so it's not really fair to be judging it's graphics and the very little gameplay they have so far. It's too early to tell how good it will really be. Also keep in mind that it isn't a canon, core Zelda game, it's just a spinoff. 

Dec 19, 2013 at 6:45:29 PM
rcorporon (34)
(Ron Corporon) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Knoxisawesome

Hyrule Warriors is early in development so it's not really fair to be judging it's graphics and the very little gameplay they have so far. It's too early to tell how good it will really be. Also keep in mind that it isn't a canon, core Zelda game, it's just a spinoff. 

If it's too early to make judgements then they shouldn't be showing it off yet to be judged.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:17:02 PM
Knoxisawesome (5)
< Crack Trooper >
Iowa

If it's too early to make judgements then they shouldn't be showing it off yet to be judged.

Why not? I think it's perfectly fair to judge whether or not it's a good idea/concept.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:20:43 PM
rcorporon (34)
(Ron Corporon) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario

Why not? I think it's perfectly fair to judge whether or not it's a good idea/concept.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here.

As for the idea / concept:  I think that everything that needed to be said and done in these tiresome "kill a million million soldiers while running around with an oversized weapon" style games has been said and done by now and we hardly need a new one that looks as poorly as Hyrule Warriors does.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:31:02 PM
Knoxisawesome (5)
< Crack Trooper >
Iowa

You seem to be contradicting yourself here.

As for the idea / concept:  I think that everything that needed to be said and done in these tiresome "kill a million million soldiers while running around with an oversized weapon" style games has been said and done by now and we hardly need a new one that looks as poorly as Hyrule Warriors does.

What I meant was, there are some fair thing to judge it on and things that aren't really fair. Things like gameplay of a game we haven't played and graphics in it's very early stages like you did before aren't really fair to judge it on, but it's fair to judge it on whether or not the concept, as in, what type of game it is, like you now have.