Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The final Wii game ever, a true rarity

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:12:19 PM
Nes Gangsta (90)
< Meka Chicken >
New York
Are you guys just looking at what is on the shelves? I asked an employee and they pulled it from behind the counter (after looking at their system and saying that the game was available). Also, as far as the recall is considered, I found this on Best Buy's Canadian website: http://www.bestbuy.ca/Projects/Pr.... Looks like it was an error in product assembly and the game disc not loading properly. Voluntary recall that a lot of stores followed. Corrective Action was to just return it for a full refund, so I doubt the publisher will be re-releasing on the Wii. This game is probably going to be really hard to find in the future.

-------------------------

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:27:22 PM
mpacz99 (0)
(Matthew ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Originally posted by: Nes Gangsta

Are you guys just looking at what is on the shelves? I asked an employee and they pulled it from behind the counter (after looking at their system and saying that the game was available). Also, as far as the recall is considered, I found this on Best Buy's Canadian website: http://www.bestbuy.ca/Projects/ProductRecall/Assets/en/wii-l... . Looks like it was an error in product assembly and the game disc not loading properly. Voluntary recall that a lot of stores followed. Corrective Action was to just return it for a full refund, so I doubt the publisher will be re-releasing on the Wii. This game is probably going to be really hard to find in the future.

Thanks, this is useful info. I just assumed they'd been completely pulled. I might hit some Gamestops in my area and see if they happen to have one behind the counter as well.

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:53:09 AM
abrahamh2 (56)
(Abraham Hernandez) < Meka Chicken >
Hawaii
My Let's Sing 2016 came in the mail today and it's a beaut . Was able to snag it for a decent price and it is in good shape no bent sides and it is the Mic Bundle. Yay I can join the Let's sing 2016 cult .

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:28:13 PM
weekendroady (6)
(Philip ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Oregon
Originally posted by: abrahamh2

My Let's Sing 2016 came in the mail today and it's a beaut . Was able to snag it for a decent price and it is in good shape no bent sides and it is the Mic Bundle. Yay I can join the Let's sing 2016 cult .

Welcome to the club..er, cult! Five? members strong. Kinda amazed I haven't seen someone toss a copy up on ebay for some ridiculous price tbh. 

I collect hockey games for all consoles and PC, see my WTB thread here for my complete checklist, or check out my latest pick-ups for the collection
  PSVR I maintain a list of physical PSVR releases from all regions over at Playstation-Collecting

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:36:40 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Where are y'all getting this? Am I just not obsessively searching hard enough?

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:12:45 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
Hawaii
@Soma had to scour the internet to find an online retailer that still had one in stock and also you just got to be "lucky" sometimes. @Weekendroady it will probably take some time as I'm sure there are already some people hoarding it and waiting for at least one person to put their copy on auction before following suit. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:22:25 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
I am not going to lie. I have a copy but I am eager to find a 2nd. I have almost no duplicates in my entire collection, but this is one if I find a 2nd I'm buying it. So far though, holy shit, I can not. I have been in the past week or two to at least 10 GameStop's and they are f'n blind that it ever existed in the first place. Not in their system. They all say they can order it on their internal site and then when I say "yes", they say, "oh nevermind, it's not actually available anymore." I think collectors should hold out hope though that several copies were bought by regular consumers/family's with kids and will eventually sell their copy eventually, but how many actually got purchased, WHO KNOWS. It's got a high price tag and only was offered for such a short time in 1 chain. Would a family really go buy this on a whim? Only time will really tell on this one.

Other important notes:

-if someone bought this when it was released to play, then found it did not work, they probably returned it and it got sent back to distributor, probably launching the recall.

-if someone bought it and didn't return it but decides to sell it, they can't sell it to gamestop since it's not in their system. Furthermore, if they know it's broken they may decide not to sell it online.

-since this was only sold at GameStop (note: I got mine on Amazon pre-order, but probably one of a handful in the world who did this), then note that GameStop probably got 1 per store or 1 bundle, 1 individual at most, and they open their games up so therefore, a sealed copy would be extremely hard to find.

Edited: 03/22/2016 at 01:26 PM by XYZ

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:28:12 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio

Congrats. Persistence pays off!

I think it's becoming more and more clear that this game is not coming back or going to get easier to find. If y'all want to make a shortlist of who has a copy and what you got (e.g. game, bundle, empty box, etc.) I can edit the first post in the thread to create a running list of who has a copy.

Mar 22, 2016 at 2:39:46 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
(Ryan Ryan) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
I have found some errors with what others have been posting about the Let's sing game.

1. It was available as a game only. I found a copy and was priced accordingly at $39.99 with the Gamestop tag Let's Sing (no Mic)

2. I bought my bundle off a online seller. He had 2 copies when I fist started watching them. He was listed at like $72 but then upped the price to around $85, I can check my Amazon account for a accurate price, So I bought it. He then moved the price to $99.99 and sold the other. Weeks later I saw he posted again and this time had at $145 or $149 and again sold that one within a few hours. I havent seen im post one again but that does not mean he wont.

3. Someone did post one at a crazy price on ebay at $500 obo. I believe it was taken down before it sold. I made an offer, so I might still be able to find the link through my messages.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:15:53 PM
XYZ (76)
< King Solomon >
Ohio
^ Interesting! It definitely was available as game only. I feel like the ones I saw in GameStop were all bundles, but the Amazon pre-order allowed purchase of game only, as did Best Buy. Plus, the PS4 version, which isn't exactly common, is also offered as game only or bundle. FYI, I will kill this rumor now: The PS4 bundle is identical to the Wii one, only difference being that the PS4 game has a small blue cardboard piece on the front bottom to make up for the space difference of the Wii case. I am certain it's identical otherwise.

Mar 22, 2016 at 3:17:26 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee

@Soma had to scour the internet to find an online retailer that still had one in stock and also you just got to be "lucky" sometimes. @Weekendroady it will probably take some time as I'm sure there are already some people hoarding it and waiting for at least one person to put their copy on auction before following suit. 

I've been trying the obscurely listed online retailer route for like a month or two now and I guess I'm not destined to sing 2016-style. I'm still really looking y'all!

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:26:10 PM
weekendroady (6)
Oregon
Originally posted by: XYZ

I think it's becoming more and more clear that this game is not coming back or going to get easier to find. If y'all want to make a shortlist of who has a copy and what you got (e.g. game, bundle, empty box, etc.) I can edit the first post in the thread to create a running list of who has a copy.

Yeah that's a great idea. I can take a picture of mine when I get home for evidence purposes, but I have the sealed bundle with a bit of a ding in the bottom of the mic box. That begs the question - can I buy a PS4 bundle and simply swap mic boxes? I would imagine the UPC (or some product code/reference number) is different? If everything is identical, then any value of the Wii bundle going forward shouldn't be much more than the game itself... 

I think Rcjdm97 and I might have bought it from the same Amazon seller, the rather generic sounding Video Games Exchange. Who knows what tricks that place can utilize to squeeze extra $$ out of whatever remaining stock they may or may not have... I guess someone was willing to pay $150 though...

I collect hockey games for all consoles and PC, see my WTB thread here for my complete checklist, or check out my latest pick-ups for the collection
  PSVR I maintain a list of physical PSVR releases from all regions over at Playstation-Collecting

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:06:16 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
Hawaii
@weekendroady that's the thing if someone is willing to pay $150 and no one so far has come out to auction for a baseline price it is difficult to gauge value. But rarity is not in question as it is very difficult to find it online and with a standalone copy also released aside from the bundle it's safe to say that the bundle is far more desirable than the copy alone. But yeah xyz go for it make a list I'm all for it .

Mar 22, 2016 at 6:25:01 PM
weekendroady (6)
Oregon

@weekendroady that's the thing if someone is willing to pay $150 and no one so far has come out to auction for a baseline price it is difficult to gauge value. But rarity is not in question as it is very difficult to find it online and with a standalone copy also released aside from the bundle it's safe to say that the bundle is far more desirable than the copy alone. But yeah xyz go for it make a list I'm all for it .

I'm just thinking based on XYZ's assertion that the mic part of the bundle is exactly the same as the one on the PS4, mic/box and all. Essentially a person with just the basic game could buy the PS4 version and replace the PS4 game with the Wii one and BOOM Wii bundle... (Not home now, can't remember if there is any sort of sticker seal on the bundle or not, or if its easy to open/close). 

The UPC code on the bottom of the mic box "should" be different for each console - otherwise how would retailers differentiate between the Wii/PS4? We should try to verify this. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:06:36 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: weekendroady

I'm just thinking based on XYZ's assertion that the mic part of the bundle is exactly the same as the one on the PS4, mic/box and all. Essentially a person with just the basic game could buy the PS4 version and replace the PS4 game with the Wii one and BOOM Wii bundle... (Not home now, can't remember if there is any sort of sticker seal on the bundle or not, or if its easy to open/close). 

The UPC code on the bottom of the mic box "should" be different for each console - otherwise how would retailers differentiate between the Wii/PS4? We should try to verify this. 

I'm interested if this is the case (same UPC) but my gut tells me it will be different

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:50:59 PM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
On a side note, tonight I went into a Gamestop that's less than a mile from my house and found a "display box" for Wii Let's sing 2016, which was the case with manual. Of course when I took it up to the counter they couldn't find it yada yada... So I tried asking for the case since it looked like they "sold it without the case", and they awkwardly denied me. Ok, so I figured I'll stick around for a bit longer just in case one of the two employees gets curious or something and ACTUALLY look around the store. After it was clear no one cared, I then went up and asked again. To her credit, the clerk went online to see if there were any other retail stores that carried the game, but we all know the result. "Why not try amazon?" said the other clerk. "Nah I tried already, it's not there", I replied. But the other clerk went ahead and checked it. "Oh looks like it's on there...yeah, fifty bucks." I was like oh yeah? I looked it up and sure enough, I guess someone listed 3 copies tonight. Well naturally I ordered one, and it looks like shortly after, the other two were gone....

So I'm wondering who else caught this? I guess I got lucky after all, but time will tell what I just ordered.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:27:39 AM
weekendroady (6)
Oregon
Originally posted by: Soma

On a side note, tonight I went into a Gamestop that's less than a mile from my house and found a "display box" for Wii Let's sing 2016, which was the case with manual. Of course when I took it up to the counter they couldn't find it yada yada... So I tried asking for the case since it looked like they "sold it without the case", and they awkwardly denied me. Ok, so I figured I'll stick around for a bit longer just in case one of the two employees gets curious or something and ACTUALLY look around the store. After it was clear no one cared, I then went up and asked again. To her credit, the clerk went online to see if there were any other retail stores that carried the game, but we all know the result. "Why not try amazon?" said the other clerk. "Nah I tried already, it's not there", I replied. But the other clerk went ahead and checked it. "Oh looks like it's on there...yeah, fifty bucks." I was like oh yeah? I looked it up and sure enough, I guess someone listed 3 copies tonight. Well naturally I ordered one, and it looks like shortly after, the other two were gone....

So I'm wondering who else caught this? I guess I got lucky after all, but time will tell what I just ordered.

Wow that came out of nowhere. I checked twice today earlier as I was following this topic and nothing was on Amazon, so you threaded the needle there! Interested to see what you end up getting. What was the Amazon seller account?

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:03:24 PM
mpacz99 (0)
Missouri
Originally posted by: weekendroady

Originally posted by: XYZ

Yeah that's a great idea. I can take a picture of mine when I get home for evidence purposes, but I have the sealed bundle with a bit of a ding in the bottom of the mic box. That begs the question - can I buy a PS4 bundle and simply swap mic boxes? I would imagine the UPC (or some product code/reference number) is different? If everything is identical, then any value of the Wii bundle going forward shouldn't be much more than the game itself... 

I think Rcjdm97 and I might have bought it from the same Amazon seller, the rather generic sounding Video Games Exchange. Who knows what tricks that place can utilize to squeeze extra $$ out of whatever remaining stock they may or may not have... I guess someone was willing to pay $150 though...

I saw that $150 copy but I thought no one would buy it.

Holy crap, I need to find this game and fast.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:07:41 PM
mpacz99 (0)
Missouri
Also, I emailed Maximum Games in a flurry of desperation, pretty much knowing what I would get back from them.

"Let's Sing 2016 for the Wii, unfortunately, is no longer available for sale and will not be in the future."

So no way to get any copies from them directly and no chance of a re-release.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:16:02 PM
abrahamh2 (56)
Hawaii
@mpacz99 should have pulled the trigger at $150 because who knows when if ever someone sells it for far less and that probably comes with the microphone and if someone is willing to pay that much then the next price I fear will be higher. Soma got lucky and found a copy for $50 on Amazon and is awaiting if it is just the game only or Game and Mic Bundle. But that comes as no surprise as it is published from Maximum Games which never re releases their prior releases have patience and "Luck" because you are not the only one looking for a copy but good luck in your search .

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:40:25 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
Florida

Whoops

Edited: 03/23/2016 at 10:43 PM by Rcjdm97

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:43:01 PM
Rcjdm97 (16)
Florida

Awesome! Glad you were able to get a copy! Welcome to the club. So did you end up with the case? If not I would just go back and take it. You could leave a complete other wii game in its place that they will actually be able to sell.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:09:32 PM
mpacz99 (0)
Missouri
redacted

Edited: 12/02/2018 at 07:54 PM by mpacz99

Mar 25, 2016 at 8:31:59 AM
snes_collector (86)
(Jordan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Does anyone have an open copy and tried playing it? Just curious since there is a recall if there isn't a game breaking-bug that makes the entire thing unplayable.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:03:43 AM
Soma (36)

< El Ripper >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Rcjdm97

Awesome! Glad you were able to get a copy! Welcome to the club. So did you end up with the case? If not I would just go back and take it. You could leave a complete other wii game in its place that they will actually be able to sell.

The clerk at GS awkwardly took the case and put it somewhere behind the counter. I asked multiple times for it but no dice. It was some girl who seemed petrified with fear that I was asking! Ha, whatever, ya know. Someone asked who sold the copy I purchased on Amazon. The seller is "Joes Lot" and I'm hoping Joe comes thru for me here! I just received shipping confirmation on it, so soon I'll know if it's the bundle or straight game. I would ask but I like surprises