Starsky and Hutch.
best 2 player game on the console.
Preach!

-------------------------

Aug 11 at 9:35:58 AM
tbone3969 (67)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Love me some PS2. Hot Shots Golf Fore is one of my all time favorite games for any system, period. Also love Hitman 2, Vice City, Rule of Rose, Maximo, amongst others.

Anyone have a Kuon for trade? Been looking to pick that one up.

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Aug 11 at 10:10:05 AM
StuOhQ (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
PS2 is so cheap to collect for and there are a lot of great games. My biggest beef at the moment is I have a separate switcher and solution for 240p/480i and 480p in my setup and my PS2 is lopped in with the DC, GCN, and XBX - which means video quality isn't ideal for all but the few PS2 games that run 480p+. PS2 was kinda the N64 of the generation in terms of video output, while simultaneously being the Saturn of the generation in terms of graphics.

Again, great library, though.

Retro Tech Select
Check out my YouTube Channel for old-school gaming goodness!

Aug 11 at 12:16:35 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Ive wanted to go back and play some PS2 games but I still have tons of older games Im trying to play. My brother and I had Mark of Kri. I remember enjoying it quite a bit. An oddball title I remember enjoying was Fur Fighters. Thats a game I'd like to go back and play

Aug 11 at 6:32:20 PM
RDI (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: Californication

The PS2 section of my library has been gathering dust for a while now and I decided I'd start cleaning it up by playing through games in my backlog. The first game I began playing is Mark of the Kri. I'm sure you guys are familiar with it, I own it because it's known as a gem, but I've never sat down and played it. This game is awesome. It's always great as a gamer when you pop something in and it just blows you away, not average, not mediocre, you just immediately have fun and feel happy playing it. For a while now when I look at my PS2 section I've thought that all the best games are on then PS3, but that is a really dumb idea. The PS2 still has some juice. Last year I played Maximo: Ghosts to Glory for the first time - amazing. (Haven't been able to get into the sequel, might try again) I'm really gonna start playing more of these that I haven't gotten to. I'm looking at Tenchu and Way of the Samurai on the shelf and I just ordered Shinobi, and Max Payne, and I want to order Onimusha. If you guys know of any other solid action platformers let me know. I'm also thinking about giving Vexx a shot.

If you weren't aware the Mark of Kri had a follow up titled Rise of the Kasai.

Also based on what you've written here you should try Okami.

Also Nightshade is the follow up to Shinobi and is starting to get expensive.

Aug 11 at 6:55:15 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Thank you for the suggestions.I was looking at Rise of Kasai yesterday, and it looks like more of a hack and slash where Mark of the Kri has a slower paced, make a plan before you rush in type of style

I know Okami gets high praise, but when I watch the video's I don't know what to make of it. Just based on the number of ports I am sure it is good, I just can't tell if it's for me. What do you think of Okami?

Never heard of Nightshade. I'll check it out.

Edited: 08/11/2019 at 10:51 PM by Californication

Aug 11 at 7:05:47 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: StuOhQ

PS2 is so cheap to collect for

*cries in horror games*

Aug 11 at 7:29:35 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Mark of the Kri has a sequel, Rise of the Kasai (sp). Never played that one though.

God Hand is fun
I thought Mercenaries was one of the best open world games I had played in that era
Rygar is alright
Beyond Good and Evil is awesome
The Prince of Persias are great but have a HD remaster collection
Ditto Jak, DMC, God of War, etc. Obviously

A couple of under-the-radar action games that I love are Sub Rebellion and Skygunner.

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Edited: 08/11/2019 at 07:30 PM by Brock Landers

Aug 11 at 10:25:33 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia

I know Okami gets high praise, but when I watch the video's I don't know what to make of it. Just based on the number of ports I am sure it is good, I just can't tell if it's for me. What do you think of Okami?
It’s an action RPG like Zelda, with a drawing mechanic instead of items or special attacks. The map is well done, with lots of different areas and not too much backtracking. I greatly enjoyed it. (Except for the dialog from your little helper guy. WAY too much. Worse than Navi in OOT.) But I played it on Wii, and I bet the drawing is better with motion control than with standard control. 

Aug 11 at 10:49:17 PM
Red (80)
(Green Blue) < Lolo Lord >
United States

I'm also thinking about giving Vexx a shot.

I played Vexx on Gamecube and enjoyed it.  It's very much like Mario 64.  If I recall correctly, the camera was a bit problematic, but not too bad.  I think the PS2 version was seen as the worst one though, so you might be better off tracking down a Gamecube or Xbox version.

As for other action games, I really enjoyed the first two Sly Cooper games and God Hand is probably my favorite beat em up on any system.

The Adventures of Cookie and Cream is great too.  You control two characters at the same time and each one has to perform certain actions to help the other one progress through the level.

Aug 11 at 10:58:29 PM
themisfit138 (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Indiana
Originally posted by: gunpei

It’s an action RPG like Zelda, with a drawing mechanic instead of items or special attacks. The map is well done, with lots of different areas and not too much backtracking. I greatly enjoyed it. (Except for the dialog from your little helper guy. WAY too much. Worse than Navi in OOT.) But I played it on Wii, and I bet the drawing is better with motion control than with standard control. 

I played Okami on PS2, Wii, and Switch. The drawing mechanic works well on all systems, I wouldn’t say one was better than the other just different. The little bug is the worst part of Okami he interupts constantly  and almost none of it is of any use. Don’t let that damn bug stop you from playing, Okami is a great game.

Aug 11 at 11:18:36 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Thanks for the breakdown on Okami. TBH I haven't been able to enjoy a Zelda game after the N64, but I plan on trying again. I'll file Okami along side those games for when I'm ready.

Red - Is Sly Cooper easy? (Like a Jak and Daxter or a Kirby.)

Aug 11 at 11:28:51 PM
Red (80)
(Green Blue) < Lolo Lord >
United States

Thanks for the breakdown on Okami. TBH I haven't been able to enjoy a Zelda game after the N64, but I plan on trying again. I'll file Okami along side those games for when I'm ready.

It has been a while since I played them, but I don't recall them being too difficult.  I think the first one was the harder of the two.  I'd say they were more challenging than the Kirby games I've played.  I haven't played the Jak and Daxter games, so I can't compare them.

Aug 11 at 11:35:21 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

The Sly series is quite easy. Harder than a Kirby, easier than J&D. Honestly after the first Sly they get a bit tedious; you'll find that EVERY SINGLE CHAPTER follows the EXACT SAME pattern of Do X, then Y, then Z. The environments are cool enough, and the story is okay. I played them for the characters primarily.

Aug 11 at 11:59:50 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
I like all the overhead dungeon crawler games like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath.

Aug 12 at 8:07:10 AM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

I bought mark of kri new back in the day. It was a good game but didn't hold my interest enough to finish it.

My ps2 Collection consist of:
Tokyo extreme racer zero
Gt3
Way of the samurai
GTA, vice city, San Andreas

I sunk soooooo many hrs into Tokyo zero. I beat the Zodiac and tried to beat all of the random independent racers back in the day, but I couldn't find them all. I stumbled upon my old memory card after a move not long ago and booted it. The old save file caught my eye so I fired it up, and went after the remaining racers armed with the internet to tell me where/when they'd be out. Lol. That last boss is ridiculous. You basically have to wreck them to win

Aug 12 at 8:37:43 AM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Br81zad

I bought mark of kri new back in the day. It was a good game but didn't hold my interest enough to finish it.

Tokyo extreme racer zero
Gt3
Way of the samurai

I sunk soooooo many hrs into Tokyo zero. I beat the Zodiac and tried to beat all of the random independent racers back in the day, but I couldn't find them all. I stumbled upon my old memory card after a move not long ago and booted it. The old save file caught my eye so I fired it up, and went after the remaining racers armed with the internet to tell me where/when they'd be out. Lol. That last boss is ridiculous. You basically have to wreck them to win

I put a lot of time into that game as well. I can’t remember how far along I got. I remember I was having to wreck opponents in order to win and I would have to catch them in the part of the highway with no straights lol. I haven’t played in a long time. Remember the little buddies that would hang from the rear view? The independent racers were always a cool factor. 

Me and a roommate went half on a PS3 with gt3 bundle. He bought Tokyo and ended up liking gt3 while I played Tokyo lol. Man, what a fun game. I might throw it in and play it again. I found a super clean cib at a yard sale for $2 about two years ago. 

2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Edited: 08/12/2019 at 08:43 AM by skinnygrinny

Aug 14 at 4:28:07 PM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Originally posted by: CMR

I like all the overhead dungeon crawler games like Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath.

Those look really good. I am a sucker for top down games when they are done well. Can you give me more of a breakdown on what to expect or which game to start with?

Aug 14 at 4:45:33 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Tokyo extreme racer zero
Gt3
Way of the samurai

I loved Tokyo Zero.   Played a bunch of the Dreamcast one so I was pretty pumped to find it on the PS2.

Aug 14 at 4:57:49 PM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Always enjoyed PS2! Sadikyo just gave me my 69th PS2 game so i guess i've finished collecting for PS2!   Not a huge collection but got good games!

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Aug 14 at 5:20:32 PM
Estil (10)
< King Solomon >
Kentucky
*chuckle* 69...

Why am I saying this? What's wrong with the year we first walked on the moon? (which I STUPIDLY asked in 11th grade English what was wrong with using it as a code number for our papers instead of our names; she listed other no-no numbers like 666 or 420...and yes I didn't know what 420 meant at the time either...). Oh my God I was so embarrassed and felt so stupid for not knowing at that age what seemingly everyone else in my class did (this was late 90s BTW).

My best friend Jamiee and my dearly departed Tweetie (2005-2012):
http://s650.photobucket.com/user/...

Collection:
NES (222)   SNES (98)   N64 (
29)   GC (31)   GEN (52)  
PS1 (39)   PS2 (23)   PS3 (8)   WII (11)   WIIU (6)
GBA (44)  GBC (12)   GB (25)   DS (14)   3DS (8)

Edited: 08/14/2019 at 05:21 PM by Estil

Aug 14 at 6:25:59 PM
The Count (106)
(Grant X.) < Lolo Lord >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Tokyo extreme racer zero
Gt3
Way of the samurai

I loved Tokyo Zero.   Played a bunch of the Dreamcast one so I was pretty pumped to find it on the PS2.

I love the TXR series, even the drifting games. I put quite a few hours in to Zero and 3 and managed to beat everyone except the money glitch wanderer.

Aug 14 at 7:17:12 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Red

I'm also thinking about giving Vexx a shot.

I played Vexx on Gamecube and enjoyed it.  It's very much like Mario 64.  If I recall correctly, the camera was a bit problematic, but not too bad.  I think the PS2 version was seen as the worst one though, so you might be better off tracking down a Gamecube or Xbox version.

I played it on xbox, thought it was pretty good. Would recommend 👌

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Edited: 08/14/2019 at 07:17 PM by Bort License Plate

Aug 15 at 1:40:52 AM
Koopa64 (0)
(Koopinator ) < El Ripper >
Canada
Everyone here needs to play this.

Lover of Nintendo's original gray box since 2006

Aug 15 at 6:19:47 PM
snes_collector (86)
(Jordan ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Here is an awesome chart someone made: https://imgur.com/ISh6EeI... I originally found in this thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

PS2 games have pretty much dried up in my area, and I have the worst luck with getting PS2 consoles that do not work- worse than any other system. Quite a few games have really jumped in price online these last few years too.