Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Feedback Changes A few ideas, need your opinions...

Jun 22, 2008 at 8:43:55 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Hey guys,

I think we're going to make a few feedback changes, and I want your opinions of them. I heard some good ideas when ebay changed their feedback and we all talked about it.

One of the ideas I liked the best was that no feedback would show until both parties left it. I really like this and think it will be a good change. This will prevent retaliatory feedback and allow everyone to be 100% honest. To further that, if one party does not leave feedback, after XX days, feedback will be systematically auto-posted as "positive".

At any rate, if you have other ideas, please post 'em.

-Dain

Edited: 06/22/2008 at 01:45 PM by Dain

Jun 22, 2008 at 9:40:03 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Just the FBs posted automatically by the system should have an option to retract. Some deals will always take longer than XX days, for whatever reason.

I forget if multiple deals with same user mathematically affect the total here, but they do on eBay now (if > 1 week between deals).

-------------------------

Jun 22, 2008 at 9:42:44 AM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
^^ agree, these sound like great ideas.

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Jun 22, 2008 at 10:27:32 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I am down with the ideas as well.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Jun 22, 2008 at 10:33:46 AM
themotherbrain (93)
(> ROB <) < King Solomon >
New York
Gametz.com uses the type of system that you speak of. We don't see anything until both are posted. I think that ScrewBay could learn something from them. That type of system would be WAY better than basically tying one hand behind our back, like we are all dealing with now on.

Fair is fair, but I had a brand new user give me a neutral recently without even contacting me about any issue. He said a copy of Battletoads I sold him in a lot (reasonably priced I might add) did not work on the second level. So he plays the first level fine, but the second level doesn't work? WTF? This is not a CD we are talking about here and I'm pretty sure it works or it doesn't. That thing was mint and clean as a whistle. It hurt my perfect score being that neutrals essentially count as negs now. I checked his FB and see he bought a couple of those junky clone systems and I guarantee that was his problem.

I had another copy of the game and certainly would have given him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully earn the positive FB that I desire. Instead I got no contact, a bruised FB score, and all I can do is say what a GREAT buyer he is or have my fb post removed. We are not allowed to be honest and we can't even have the last word on our own fb. I have boycotted it seeing it doesn't matter what I say. Sorry, lol.. you struck a nerve.

No Ninja Rap = No Thanks. 

Check out my FS thread here -
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jun 22, 2008 at 10:41:29 AM
NOFRIENDO-banned (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Chad Tukiendorf) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin
If I remeber correctly there is a problem with Battletoads and FC twin systems.

Jun 22, 2008 at 11:31:05 AM
themotherbrain (93)
New York
I wouldn't know because I buy genuine stuff, not knockoff crap. I could have explained it was a possibility if he had contacted me. I figure there is a problem reading the code correctly. Regardless, I can't even defend myself. The only thing that comforts me a bit (not that it really is a comforting scenario) is that others are experiencing the same BS. I just don't like the fact that somebody can neg me because somebody shot their puppy or caught their gay lover in bed with another man. There is no accountability for an unreasonable buyer at all anymore and I am sure alot of you have been there. All I can say is "AWESOME, this guy destroyed my perfect seller rating. This buyer ROCKS! I am a bad seller!" >_<

I would like to bring another idea to the table here. GTZ also has the option to have the Mods change a rating. You can up the rating almost effortlessly, in case you were a little harsh and are remorseful. On the other hand, it takes a VERY good reason to lower a rating. If you gave somebody a positive for a transaction that you felt went smoothly, only to recieve a neg, you could challenge it properly. For example, you sell somebody a game that has an issue like a tiny little label ding or something. It is detailed as being in good condition, NOT very good or mint. Most of us know the difference between these types of ratings and make offers accordingly, but some will throw down the gauntlet over that little ding expecting good to mean flawless. Those dumb negs can easily hurt a reputation to somebody who is otherwise honest. If that person can prove their case decisively, the mods have the option to remove the neg. This would encourage more open communication and would utilize the message system here to document the details of their transactions more.

Edited: 06/22/2008 at 12:43 PM by themotherbrain

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:02:16 PM
nukie (31)
(Nathan Anderson) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
I would suggest making it x days after one person leaves feedback. I also like the idea of the mods, or admins being able to change it if it is warranted. I can see how it might be abused, but I don't think that will happen here.

I don't play WoW, but I make chainmail for cats. - Montana Baker

The next time someone tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football.

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:12:00 PM
TheFrisbee (194)
(Max (Ray) Frisbee) < Bowser >
Tennessee
Is it possible to make multiple transactions count towards your #'s next to your SN?

[18:07] osg: It is my lifelon goal to be in everyone's signature

Current project: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Aug 10, 2008 at 5:22:06 PM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
That would be nice. I have done multiple deals with the same members and it only counts as 1 feedback.

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:35:51 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
^ This is one thing I believe should stay as it is. I'm really not sure even why eBay counts separate FB into the overall total. Each feedback should be treated as a reference. And I wouldn't list the same person twice on a job application as a reference...

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:20:13 AM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
I like that your feedback rating only increases if you're doing a transaction with someone new. As Dan said, ALL feedback is still recorded, so you always have the option of reading up on someone if you need to.

I think that feedback only appearing after both parties have left it is a great idea. I notice that this thread is pretty old, I hope that hasn't been scrapped.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Aug 11, 2008 at 2:23:15 AM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
I see your guys' point. I also hope the original ideas are still in the works, I have 2 pages of "pending" feedback, some of them are about as old as the feedback system itself.

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:04:30 AM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
i dont want 5 transactions with the same person to equal 5 feedback. i like how it is now. i have had like 100 deals with sosa in the past 5 years, but that would be dumb! plus, i dont even fill out trade/sale documentation if i have already done a deal with the person. really no reason to!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Aug 15, 2008 at 12:54:53 PM
collectinisgame (40)
(troy wages) < Lolo Lord >
South Carolina
Originally posted by: NES_Dude

That would be nice. I have done multiple deals with the same members and it only counts as 1 feedback.

i was thinking the same thing but i see y'alls guys points.

i think the new changes is a good idea.

Aug 19, 2008 at 7:08:45 AM
pedro! (24)
(Pedro Games) < Lolo Lord >
North Carolina
The Battletoads issue above is definitely a problem with generic systems. I got two complaints about it just last week, even though my listing says in big bold red letters that Battletoads will only work on Nintendo brand systems.

WWW.PEDROGAMES.COM

Jan 19, 2009 at 11:09:10 PM
classicgamer88 (63)
(David Ben-omry) < Eggplant Wizard >
Florida
i like the auto fb idea

check out my eBay account I have lots of games http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw...

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:07:12 PM
SamuelRyan (13)
(Sam Whogivesaf*ck) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Since we're on the subject, I have a Question:
How come my feedback only says 8 when I actually have 9 completed transactions?

It's bothering the shit out of me.

Thanks.

0 0

Edited: 03/09/2009 at 11:07 PM by SamuelRyan

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:09:47 PM
themotherbrain (93)
New York
It doesn't count multiple fb posts from the same user.

Mar 9, 2009 at 11:10:27 PM
langenfeld (279)
(Michael Langenfeld) < El Ripper >
Alabama
Originally posted by: Sam McGee II

Since we're on the subject, I have a Question:
How come my feedback only says 8 when I actually have 9 completed transactions?

It's bothering the shit out of me.

Thanks.

Feedback only counts from unique users.

Mar 10, 2009 at 12:34:55 AM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
indeed therefore you need to conduct business with both mario's right and left nut as this will get you 2 feedbacks .... unfortunately the left nut is MIA at the moment ... Mario is such a powerful dude that each of his nuts gets a vote .... one day i will become that powerful HA!!! .... ok ya i like the ideas ... another thing ... maybe wait on the category feedback until X amount of transactions so that the person cannot figure out who docked their perfect feedback

They call me big Papa ....

Mar 10, 2009 at 6:51:47 AM
SamuelRyan (13)
(Sam Whogivesaf*ck) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Oh.
That's stupid..

Thanks though.

0 0

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:06:24 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
How is that stupid? Would you trust a scammer that has 5000 feedback that he created from his own alternate account with $5,000 of your money? Now THAT would be stupid, but you wouldn't know any better without a system like the one we use, which would show the user as only having 1 feedback.

Edited: 03/10/2009 at 09:06 AM by Dain

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:13:13 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Dain

How is that stupid? Would you trust a scammer that has 5000 feedback that he created from his own alternate account with $5,000 of your money? Now THAT would be stupid, but you wouldn't know any better without a system like the one we use, which would show the user as only having 1 feedback.

Well I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but I always look at a person's feedback before dealing with them.  Even if someone had 5,000 feedback, I'd immediately raise an eyebrow when I noticed they all were from one person.

I think the feedback system here is fine and I've always had the mentality "If it's not broke, don't fix it."  Although when I first joined here I also thought it was strange that only unique feedbacks were counted.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 10, 2009 at 4:03:07 PM
Airlock (19)
(- Gordon -) < El Ripper >
Indiana
^^^ Isn't this how ebay works also? Doesn't seem stupid to me... seems standard.

Edited: 03/10/2009 at 04:03 PM by Airlock